Why One Might Call The Police

First, the caller did the right thing. The cop did the right thing, up to the point where he reacted to an irate homeowner that had established his identitiy by arresting him for disorderly conduct. That conduct being not according the policeman the respect that he did deserve. Not nice, but not a crime, either. So we have two adults acting like children, and we are making a mountain out of this molehill. Yes, the cop acted stupidly, as did Gates.

First, the caller did the right thing. The cop did the right thing, up to the point where he reacted to an irate homeowner that had established his identitiy by arresting him for disorderly conduct. That conduct being not according the policeman the respect that he did deserve. Not nice, but not a crime, either. So we have two adults acting like children, and we are making a mountain out of this molehill. Yes, the cop acted stupidly, as did Gates.

Actually if Obama hadn't inserted himself and another draw of the race card, the charges probably would have been dropped sooner. It seems obvious that to stop the broohaha, the cop needed to give Gates a time out. He tried to do so inside, didn't work. He tried outside with a warning. After the line was crossed, he still did everything to make the citizen feel as comfortable as possible, from cane and handcuffing in front, to leaving a Harvard cop, not regular police protecting his home.

Gate's own actions are what got him arrested. Had he shut up, listened to the cop, gone outside, calmed down and explained who he was and showed proof, the entire situation would have had a different outcome. He really should have put on his listening ears instead of his racism ears. And Obama needs to learn to stfu when something doesn't concern him. Of course, he'd first have to realize that the world does not revolve around him.

I guess it would be wise to check the skin color before calling the police! Ask them to send the appropriate color.

I guess it would be wise to check the skin color before calling the police! Ask them to send the appropriate color.

Or assume that blacks never are breaking in, just let it go? Somehow I think that would draw fire too?

Or assume that blacks never are breaking in, just let it go? Somehow I think that would draw fire too?

they just need to install a menu at 911

black,, push one

brown push two

red push three

yellow push four

mixture/mutt push five

white push daisies:lol:

How well you know your neighbors? I don't know them at all well. I do think if I saw someone trying to get into a neighbor's house with a crowbar, I would call right now.

And the Kitty Genovese thing was a big deal when I was growing up. That was disgusting. I would rather talk to a grumpy cop than have my neighbors thinking a felony was not a big deal if it wasn't happening to their front door.

How well you know your neighbors? I don't know them at all well. I do think if I saw someone trying to get into a neighbor's house with a crowbar, I would call right now.

And the Kitty Genovese thing was a big deal when I was growing up. That was disgusting. I would rather talk to a grumpy cop than have my neighbors thinking a felony was not a big deal if it wasn't happening to their front door.

Thanks, my point exactly. If I was a 'neighbor' meaning living close, but didn't know, I'd call. If I was 'driving by' I'd also report. In both cases, like the woman that called in, I'd give my name. I wouldn't be trying to screw with a neighbor, just trying to protect them or their property.

Thanks, my point exactly. If I was a 'neighbor' meaning living close, but didn't know, I'd call. If I was 'driving by' I'd also report. In both cases, like the woman that called in, I'd give my name. I wouldn't be trying to screw with a neighbor, just trying to protect them or their property.

That's what normal sane people do.. but with the latest reaction, and hooplala, I bet some will stop now and re-think before they push the buttons,, tis a shame.. did you see the video of the hit and run on an elderly man?? people just walked by,, and some swerved and drove by.. it took awhile before anybody sent for help.. I think he later died.

Actually if Obama hadn't inserted himself and another draw of the race card, the charges probably would have been dropped sooner. It seems obvious that to stop the broohaha, the cop needed to give Gates a time out. He tried to do so inside, didn't work. He tried outside with a warning. After the line was crossed, he still did everything to make the citizen feel as comfortable as possible, from cane and handcuffing in front, to leaving a Harvard cop, not regular police protecting his home.

Obama should not have ran his mouth on this incident at all. He has no business commenting on what a local law enforcement agency does, and he learned this lesson the hard way.

So much for the endorsement of the Police Officer's Union next election. :lol:

I just finished reading that story. god help those people who failed to act.

what about the guy in las vegas who watched his buddy rape a kid....in a publc bathroom...this goes on all the time....as for me...i know all my neighbors...(all 3 of them) their cars and pretty much when they come and go....i am sure they know the same about me...okay i have known all of my neighbors for at least 15 years or more....we pretty much know each others habits

A witness to a crime can be criminally charged if they fail to act or come forward. Same with that if you see a Law Enforcement Officer who is in mortal danger and you do not assist him or her you can be criminally charged.

A witness to a crime can be criminally charged if they fail to act or come forward. Same with that if you see a Law Enforcement Officer who is in mortal danger and you do not assist him or her you can be criminally charged.

are you just making this shit up as you go along? the guy who watched his buddy rape the kid and walked away....they did nothing to him....let me go find the story

Sherrice Iverson News - The New York Times

Yolanda Manuel, 28-year-old South Central Los Angeles resident is on crusade to make it crime for anyone who witnesses child molestation to fail to report it; is seeking trial for 19-year-old David Cash, whose best friend Jeremy Strohmeyer raped and murdered her seven-year-old daughter Sherrice Iverson in 1997; says Cash witnessed initial stages of attack but failed to seek help; photo

nothing happened to cash...read up on it

what about the guy in las vegas who watched his buddy rape a kid....in a publc bathroom...this goes on all the time....as for me...i know all my neighbors...(all 3 of them) their cars and pretty much when they come and go....i am sure they know the same about me...okay i have known all of my neighbors for at least 15 years or more....we pretty much know each others habits

You and I are likely similar. I'm not 'outgoing' regarding neighbors. I've been here 14 years, while I wave hi, I do not converse. Indeed, go out of my way not to. On the other hand, I'm pretty familiar with their comings and goings. If gone two days, I wouldn't notice, beyond that, I probably would. i assume they would do the same.

Bones, i'm sure I'm missing something here, like the segue. Help me out here. Where's the connection with topic?

Forum List

Back