Why Obama will lose.

You're a good sport. And I don't really like the tone either..

But some bastards just NEED defeating..

I agree.

Emperor Obamanus needs to go NOW!

used car salesmen SHOULD NOT BE PRESIDENTS OF USA

Neither should those who wanted Detroit to go out of business.

nobody wants Detroit to go out of business.......... or anywhere else in the USA to go out of business....

and Saint/ Emperor Obamanus is not the one who will give Detroit or any place in USA more jobs!

he has a record of 4 years of failure! there is your proof of incompetence!

You're a good sport. And I don't really like the tone either..

But some bastards just NEED defeating..

I agree.

Using everyone's money for something not everyone supports (i.e. propping up a business that failed) is unjust.

nobody wants Detroit to go out of business.......... or anywhere else in the USA to go out of business....

and Saint/ Emperor Obamanus is not the one who will give Detroit or any place in USA more jobs!

Funny thing Romney's performance as Governor has mirrored Obama's performance in several ways...so I am still undecided, but, the fact that Romney strapped his dog's carrier with his dog in it to the top of his car may be the deciding factor. I do not like animal abusers, I know you are an animal lover so you must be conflicted on this issue as well.

"In many ways, Romney inherited a state economy in 2003 similar to the one President Barack Obama found entering the White House in 2009, one marked by a deep recession, huge job losses, and a widening budget deficit. And like Obama, Romney struggled mightily, delivering at best a modest recovery dictated less by his political leadership than by sprawling global forces beyond his control.

Like Obama, Romney could also point to an economy that was much improved from the worst of the recession. But, as with the US economy today, progress was slow, painstaking, and for many, disappointing."

As governor, Romney faced similar economic situation as Obama -- with similar results - Boston.com

I agree....

mitt-romney-used-car-salesman.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Funny thing Romney's performance as Governor has mirrored Obama's performance in several ways...so I am still undecided, but, the fact that Romney strapped his dog's carrier with his dog in it to the top of his car may be the deciding factor. I do not like animal abusers, I know you are an animal lover so you must be conflicted on this issue as well.

"In many ways, Romney inherited a state economy in 2003 similar to the one President Barack Obama found entering the White House in 2009, one marked by a deep recession, huge job losses, and a widening budget deficit. And like Obama, Romney struggled mightily, delivering at best a modest recovery dictated less by his political leadership than by sprawling global forces beyond his control.

Like Obama, Romney could also point to an economy that was much improved from the worst of the recession. But, as with the US economy today, progress was slow, painstaking, and for many, disappointing."

As governor, Romney faced similar economic situation as Obama -- with similar results - Boston.com

Not that I like Romney, or Obama, but what is right for one state does not by any means signify that the entire country of 312+ million people would benefit from the same program. State's rights my man.

Emperor Obamanus Calinigus is a better liar ... much much better he is the King!

obama-liar.jpg

Not that I like Romney, or Obama, but what is right for one state does not by any means signify that the entire country of 312+ million people would benefit from the same program. State's rights my man.

This is what we have to measure his performance in the Chief executive position, it is valid and valuable . We could also use his record when he was with Bain but that would be unfair to Romney.

For example, "Sensata Technologies, a manufacturer of sensors for cars that's owned by Bain Capital -- the private equity firm that's become synonymous with GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney, a founding partner. Penniston recently learned that her plant in Freeport, Ill., will be closed within months. The jobs of its workers will go to China."

s-MITT-ROMNEY-WORKERS-large.jpg

Mitt Romney Blasted At RNC By Workers Facing Layoffs Under Bain

This is what we have to measure his performance in the Chief executive position, it is valid and valuable . We could also use his record when he was with Bain but that would be unfair to Romney.

For example, "Sensata Technologies, a manufacturer of sensors for cars that's owned by Bain Capital -- the private equity firm that's become synonymous with GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney, a founding partner. Penniston recently learned that her plant in Freeport, Ill., will be closed within months. The jobs of its workers will go to China."

I'm not trying to advocate for Romney, he will be as big a disaster as Obama has been and will be again if he wins. My only point was that implying because Romney did something at a state level he automatically thinks it would work or should even be attempted at a federal level is a silly assumption.

I'm not trying to advocate for Romney, he will be as big a disaster as Obama has been and will be again if he wins. My only point was that implying because Romney did something at a state level he automatically thinks it would work or should even be attempted at a federal level is a silly assumption.

I never asserted that he would attempt his state plans at the federal level. What his record is indicative of is how he will react to similar situations in the future. He still has his place in Belmont, MA He still uses the same hairdresser he has used for the past 21 years, IIRC the hairdresser claims that when a new style is suggested Mitt rebukes the stylist and demands the same cut and coloring. Nothing wrong with that, Mitt is a creature of habit much like many people are.

I agree.

Its been explained about 1,000 times in this and other forums but hell, I'll give it another shot. Automobiles are not like many other industries. A filing of bankruptcy would be a death knell to any car company unless there is almost a visceral presence to reassure the public.

Governor Romney's idea was for the government to do nothing; let GM file bankruptcy the same way any other company files for bankruptcy and let the financial markets determine whether or not they are a good bet or not and lend them money at % rate X. The problem with that line of thinking is that when a car is purchased, the service after the sale is always a factor to consider. Hyundai automobiles come with a very long warranty and it is more often than not a highlighted portion of their marketing. Ford trucks have a similar campaign. As someone who owns and drives a "classic" Mazda RX7 from the 1980's, I can tell you that a warranty is a pretty sweet thing to have since I do not have one. If a company may not be here for the 2nd half of a ten year warranty, would you buy the car? If a company would stop making parts for your car in five years and thus the price of replacement parts would therefore be more expensive, would you buy the car? Of course not. This is just one of the reasons why it was a bad idea.

Secondarily, unlike Dell or General Mills, major components of the device being sold are purchased using "horizontal integration" from companies that are not part of GM but rely on America's largest car maker. Companies like Champion Spark Plugs. There are companies that make the interior dash boards, sell the service for the radio (Sirius Satellite Radio), companies that make the seats. These companies rely on GM. If GM cannot secure financing--not a lot of banks were in a position to lend $30B around 2009 as you may recall--these companies would not be selling to them and would lay off. Dealerships down stream (you don't see any Dell stores and super markets that sell General Mills cereals could feature something else on those shelves) would of course close as well. And then there are the auto workers themselves and the companies their paychecks support. The dominoes don't stop falling on this one.

I have to inject some reality here.

McCain will win in a landslide.

The more you find out about Obama and his lack of any qualifications to be in the Senate let alone the Presidency, you'll be voting for the adult on the ballot.

Obama / Biden is the most anti-gun ticket in history. The NRA hasn't even begun to shed light on this.

Then there's abortion. taxes, radical mentors, felons selling him houses, the list goes on.

McCain is a war hero who is over 70. That sews up Florida right there.

Pennsylvania has the second largest number of elderly. McCain wins there too.

This thing is over....the press has to make it look good...
He lost Florida and Pennsylvania you dumb shit.

Forum List

Back