Why Obama Loses: By The Numbers

6. New York City three time Mayor Ed Koch, "a Democrat, will for the first time in his life vote for a Republican presidential candidate..."...Bush. Ed Koch: I’m voting for Bush

Ed Koch has endorsed Obama in 2012. This is 2012, you know? Don't you?

But the item you post is true....isn't it?

Former Senator Lincoln Chafee, Republican, endorsed Obama for president. None of these anectodatol trivia question answers have any predictive value.

1. Barack Obama won, in 2008, by 7% of the vote.

2. The President now admits, albeit inadvertently, that he will lose this time. He tells his supporters:
"This election is going to be even closer than the last one," Obama told Iowa Democrats..."
Obama warns backers: This will be a close election

3. Would any like to argue that he is wrong...and Obama will get more votes this time than last?

4. Do you realize that George Bush actually did better the second time?

a. He went from 48% of the electorate the first time, to 51% the second time.

b. He received 11.5 million more votes the second time than the first.

5. Democrat Senator from Georgia, Zell Miller spoke for Bush at the Republican Convention. He was the keynote speaker. Text Of Zell Miller's RNC Speech - CBS News

a. Which Republican Senators have endorsed President Obama? Any?

6. New York City three time Mayor Ed Koch, "a Democrat, will for the first time in his life vote for a Republican presidential candidate..."...Bush. Ed Koch: I’m voting for Bush

a. Name a couple of major Republicans who have announced they will vote for Obama.

b. Then there is Arthur Davis, former Democratic Party member of the United States House of Representatives for Alabama's 7th congressional district, four termer, "' one of President Obama’s earliest supporters and a former co-chairman for his presidential campaign, announced Tuesday that he was leaving the Democratic Party for good."
Artur Davis, former prominent Obama backer, leaves Democratic Party - Los Angeles Times

7. Historically, how many Presidents have run for re-election and won with smaller percentages of the electorate?
None.

8. Lots of Democrats voted for Bush in 2004. Are you expecting lots of Republicans to vote for Obama???

a. "Republicans hold an enthusiasm advantage over Democrats, as a majority of them say they are “more enthusiastic than usual about voting” for president, according to a new poll Thursday."
Republicans more excited to vote - POLITICO.com

Oh....one more piece of bad news for Obama?

"...But in the 12 battlegrounds — Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin — ...in this late-June sample, the results were Obama, 47 percent, to Romney at 45 percent. In other words, after Obama spent an estimated $68 million or more over Romney in the battlegrounds on negative ads during this time period, Obama lost a net 7 points."

And...

“According to the RealClearPolitics average of polling in 12 swing states, Obama has leads outside the margin of error in only Pennsylvania, New Hampshire and Nevada, Romney leads in two (North Carolina and Missouri) and the rest are essentially tied, such as Obama’s 0.8 percent lead in Florida.”
Lucianne.com News Forum - Thread

Chill the champagne, Republicans!

Now...don't be too hard on those '08 Obama-voters....they knew not what they did.

I heard Fred Thompson being interviewed on some show tonight. He said what I have been starting to think lately, that Romney is going to win the popular vote but lose the electoral college. He made a very good point. Romney is much stronger in the red states than Obama is in the blue, but Obama is holding on to his lead in almost all of the swing states. Regardless of the margin in the states that are solid red or blue, the electoral votes are the same. The bottom line is that the popular vote is meaningless and the battle will play out in only about ten states. It should be interesting for anyone living in one of those states.

Wouldn't that be something.
More documentation of what a polarized nation this is.

Remember...Friends don’t let friends vote Democrat.

What I like best about PC posts are the intellectual dishonesty and outright deception

.4. Do you realize that George Bush actually did better the second time?

Do you think PC would mention that a possible reason is that there was a third party candidate in 2000 and that her "bump" in Bush results were a result of one less candidate to vote for and more people voting?
She has a future with FoxNews

So, you're admitting that there was no "intellectual dishonesty and outright deception"?

Do you realize that you just called yourself a liar?

2. The President now admits, albeit inadvertently, that he will lose this time. He tells his supporters:
"This election is going to be even closer than the last one," Obama told Iowa Democrats..."

3. Would any like to argue that he is wrong...and Obama will get more votes this time than last?

5. Democrat Senator from Georgia, Zell Miller spoke for Bush at the Republican Convention. He was the keynote speaker. Text Of Zell Miller's RNC Speech - CBS News

a. Name a couple of major Republicans who have announced they will vote for Obama.

b. Then there is Arthur Davis, former Democratic Party member of the United States House of Representatives for Alabama's 7th congressional district, four termer, "' one of President Obama’s earliest supporters and a former co-chairman for his presidential campaign, announced Tuesday that he was leaving the Democratic Party for good."
Artur Davis, former prominent Obama backer, leaves Democratic Party - Los Angeles Times

7. Historically, how many Presidents have run for re-election and won with smaller percentages of the electorate?
None.

8. Lots of Democrats voted for Bush in 2004. Are you expecting lots of Republicans to vote for Obama???

a. "Republicans hold an enthusiasm advantage over Democrats, as a majority of them say they are “more enthusiastic than usual about voting” for president, according to a new poll Thursday."

"...But in the 12 battlegrounds — Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin — ...in this late-June sample, the results were Obama, 47 percent, to Romney at 45 percent. In other words, after Obama spent an estimated $68 million or more over Romney in the battlegrounds on negative ads during this time period, Obama lost a net 7 points."

And...

“According to the RealClearPolitics average of polling in 12 swing states, Obama has leads outside the margin of error in only Pennsylvania, New Hampshire and Nevada, Romney leads in two (North Carolina and Missouri) and the rest are essentially tied, such as Obama’s 0.8 percent lead in Florida.”

Now...don't be too hard on those '08 Obama-voters....they knew not what they did.

You forgot the most important fact in your list of opinions - the effort by the GOP in many states to disenfranchise likely Democratic voters. Open minded people ask, "why is the GOP not fighting a battle of ideas and instead fighting American citizens?".

Of course the answer is the GOP has no ideas, only an ideology of failure.

Our you better off than you were before January 2001? Is our country?

If you want factors that actually have some worthwhile predictive value, you can start with the overwhelmingly odds of an incumbent president winning re-election in the first place.

None.

And...

George (stupid) Bush won because he used the time tested method of starting a war (a useless war) and fanning the flames.

But you forgot the Supreme court. That didn't hurt either.

The only difference between Custer's Last Stand and what I am about to do to you, is that George Custer didn't have to read his emails afterwards.

1. You probably don't realized that you have just revealed that you have Van Gogh's ear for politics.

2."George (stupid) Bush"....?

I know President Bush's grades....Do you know Barack Obama's?

"Bush attended Yale undergrad and Harvard Business School. Bush released his grades and SAT scores (1206 on Verbal and Math--pre-1974--like 1300 today) as did his opponents, Kerry and Gore. Using the "Otis Gamma and Scholastic Aptitude" score, one can infer Bush's IQ to be 130. This places him in about the top 2-3% in the country. This is higher than John Kerry and lower than Al Gore. The latter was a massive underachiever in college.

We do not know Obama's SAT, LSAT, or GPA scores because he won't release them. His Columbia GPA was estimated by the WSJ to be between 1.8 and 3.0 (C- to B) because he did not graduate with honors. He was at the bottom 15% in Occidental. He was in the top 10% at Harvard Law because he graduated "magna cum laude". So we assume he is smart, but how he got into Harvard with that record is peculiar. In any event, he will not release his records.

Law of the Bad Premise: Obama's Rocky Mountain High IQ

It appears that the only 'stupid' one here is you, huh?

More?
Sure....

3. "But you forgot the Supreme court."

The only thing I may have forgotten is the dim-wits who wander onto the USMB pasture from time to time....that would be directed at you.

“Gore won” is the equivalent of a political Stanford-Binet IQ Test. And this is a one-question test, so the stakes are high. The bad news, you failed. The good news? Your level of knowledge has attained its nadir, so you have no place to go, but up.

Here is the correct response, you may use it to prepare for your next exam:

"In the first full study of Florida's ballots since the election ended, The Miami Herald and USA Today reported George W. Bush would have widened his 537-vote victory to a 1,665-vote margin if the recount ordered by the Florida Supreme Court would have been allowed to continue, using standards that would have allowed even faintly dimpled "undervotes" -- ballots the voter has noticeably indented but had not punched all the way through -- to be counted."
Online NewsHour: Media Recount: Bush Won

Have you been sufficiently put in your place...or need more of a thrashing?

[
7. (CNSNews.com) – U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said today that he told his daughter to buy a Japanese car--a Toyota Sienna--and that she did so. U.S. Transportation Secretary: I Told My Daughter to Buy Japanese Car | CNSNews.com

The Toyota Sienna is built in Princeton, Indiana at the Toyota plant employing 4500.

They are even EXPORTING Indiana-built Toyotas to Korea.

Stop being stupid. Stop! Now!

I do have a question for you. Why didn't you research where the Sienna was actually built before you posted that misleading propaganda. Why didn't you think of that? Why was it the first thing I thought of when I read that?

Are you beginning to see why you're wrong so consistently, and I'm so consistently right?

Bulletin:

Toyota is a Japanese firm.

Case closed.

[
7. (CNSNews.com) – U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said today that he told his daughter to buy a Japanese car--a Toyota Sienna--and that she did so. U.S. Transportation Secretary: I Told My Daughter to Buy Japanese Car | CNSNews.com

The Toyota Sienna is built in Princeton, Indiana at the Toyota plant employing 4500.

I do have a question for you. Why didn't you research where the Sienna was actually built before you posted that misleading propaganda. Why didn't you think of that? Why was it the first thing I thought of when I read that?

Are you beginning to see why you're wrong so consistently, and I'm so consistently right?

"...and I'm so consistently right?"

I hardly needed the additional evidence....
I realize that you are crazy…not crazy in a ‘let’s paint the kitchen red’ kind of way, but in a ‘gas oven, toothpaste sandwich, 'I am God’ kind of way.

3 minutes research to prove that's a lie.

Roosevelt won in '36 with 60.8% of the vote, and won re-election in '40 with 54.7%

You're an idiot.

OMG!

This must be your "annual smart day"!!

While " In fact, no president has ever won re-election with a lower percentage of the major-party vote."
Ponnuru: Polarized electorate suggests Obama will win the 2012 election

...your post is absolutely correct re: FDR!!!

Rep on the way!

Don't you want to thank me for teaching you to research?

I was making people like you look stupid long before you came along.

I get your drift, old timer....

....so, the Gold Rush was your high school class trip?

None.

And...

I heard Fred Thompson being interviewed on some show tonight. He said what I have been starting to think lately, that Romney is going to win the popular vote but lose the electoral college. He made a very good point. Romney is much stronger in the red states than Obama is in the blue, but Obama is holding on to his lead in almost all of the swing states. Regardless of the margin in the states that are solid red or blue, the electoral votes are the same. The bottom line is that the popular vote is meaningless and the battle will play out in only about ten states. It should be interesting for anyone living in one of those states.

Do you know what "polarized" means? Clearly not because this new "Friends don't let friends vote Democrat" is the very definition Of Polarizing. God. You're the worst kind of political follower. Smug and just full of talking points. It's also proof of who reall IS polarizing the country.

Then again Rush has been polarizing people for like 20 years now. You're a real Douche.

We should round up all your bold prediction threads for November.

[

Bulletin:

Case closed.

News Flash: If the plant is in America, they hire Americans.

Goddamn you're not too smart, are you? You're not Super Girl, you're pooper, girl.

obama wins by assuming swing states will swing democrat. In reality, the swing states have already gone republican.

Step 1
By: Atlas

Our Country was once the wealthiest of all the others, Governments envied us, their people wanted to be Americans to the point they'd risk everything just to get here. Our Agriculture and fertile ground could feed several times our population, and currently does. Our manufactories were far more advanced and plentiful than those of any other country. And our research and development awed the entire planet. Our military so strong and leaders so smart that when the planet needed saving from evil dictators WE stopped them cold and rolled right over there fortress walls. What happened to the America that no one dared to mess with?
For one modern day manufaction of products have left the US to be moved to Mexico and the Asia’s. This has left America with a hole in our export. Importing our products from China as they go through there industrial revolution, and more and more we pay them while in return we get newer production or replacements for our broken ones. Slowly siphoning off the American economy, and leavening our people jobless and homeless with an uncontrolled growing population. Taking out trillion dollar loans from china, are we going to be there dogs? Will they take us over? They already have us bought out. Are we to be there servants?
With every breath in my body I will not allow America to fall to her new masters. We need to go into Isolation. It's true that this goes against our immigration morals. But that was when America was virtually empty. But were full now, it's time for "America for Americans". It's time for us to concentrate on fixing us and not the word. So recall our troops, stop importing product, instead import only raw materials, and export finished products. Let’s get money flowing INTO America and not OUT OF. Let’s build up the marines into a defensive-offensive force that would make a spetsnaz look like a kid with a cap gun. Let’s use the army to build fortifications, schools, manufactories.
This is the First step to get America back on track. It won’t be easy, maybe a little painful, but Americans used to be able to "Suck it up, and carry on." The process isn't complicated, we just need to decomplicate ourselves. Go back to a streamlined government that was both small and efficient.
[email protected]

[

Bulletin:

Case closed.

Don't be an asshole. Please.

" he will loose"

He didn't say that, he said it would be closer.

Stop lying, and last I saw obama is up in swing states.

3rfd6x064kesnsxudc7dbw.gif

:eusa_whistle:

Why didn't you use current Gallup polls? In mere days that sizable lead Obama held evaporated. You are purposely using daily tracking polls from two weeks ago.

Gallup Presidential Election Trial Heat Results: Barack Obama vs. Mitt Romney

This is willful mass delusion, or what sane people call lying.

:eusa_clap:

Do you know what "polarized" means? Clearly not because this new "Friends don't let friends vote Democrat" is the very definition Of Polarizing. God. You're the worst kind of political follower. Smug and just full of talking points. It's also proof of who reall IS polarizing the country.

Then again Rush has been polarizing people for like 20 years now. You're a real Douche.

We should round up all your bold prediction threads for November.

Do you know what "polarized" means?

During his 2008 presidential campaign, Barack Obama portrayed himself as a transformative figure who would usher America – and the world- into a shining new future of international peach, racial harmony, and environmental improvement. With this immodest view of his own historical importance, it makes perfect sense that, as president, hand his team would show little tolerance for dissent or for those who won’t fall in line behind his agenda; after all, these recalcitrant’s are impeding his glorious vision where the oceans stop rising and the planet begins healing. Surely no one of good will would possibly want to delay that day’s arrival. No, in the Obama administration’s view, those who stand in Obama’s way cannot be reasoned with and certainly don’t deserve an audience. Whether local reporters or the president of Standard and Poor’s, they are the enemy and are treated as such. David Limbaugh, “The Great Destroyer,” p. 92.

[

Bulletin:

Case closed.

So why did you attack Xerox in your OP. It's an American company. By your 'logic', case closed.

Bulletin:

Case closed.

News Flash: If the plant is in America, they hire Americans.

Goddamn you're not too smart, are you? You're not Super Girl, you're pooper, girl.

So...you don't understand what 'global marketplace' means?

Bulletin:

Case closed.

Don't be an asshole. Please.

I understand your frustrations, but you aren't speaking to the folks....watch your language.

Forum List

Back