Why NOTHING should be free

I have always worked very hard for a living, and never expected a dime from another.

I too disagree with giving free hand outs... but let me ask you a few questions.

1. How is a baby that was going to be aborted going to be raised ( sorry the non-profits can not handle the huge amount it takes ) I have worked in this field.

2. If a family goes through a really hard time, don't you feel that a family deserves food and shelter for a short time?

3. When a non-insured person gets into a horrible accident, you feel that they should just die ?

I could go on

You're combing the needy with the idle when it comes to helping. I've never heard anyone say we shouldn't have a safety net. When generations of a family have been on the doles, you can see that it's no longer a safety net. Safety nets are temporary.

People over the years have failed to plan for their future. If it was understood that welfare is not a permanent way of life and that people were expected to work, more would make choices to ensure their own security, such as staying in school and avoiding the problems that tend to cause people to mess up their lives. Right now, the left wants to pick up the slack when people don't try. There are too many unwed teen moms, who are likely children of past unwed teen moms, who understand that welfare allowed their mom and maybe their grandparents to avoid work. I have worked with social services and it is amazing how many women get pregnant when their youngest children is nearing age 18. I've seen women with 8 children and the state isn't collecting child support from the father(s) because the woman claims not to know who the father is. Couldn't possibly be the guy she's lived with for 10 years.

It's a scam with certain people and we need to break the cycle.

I think all able bodied people should work while on welfare. If they can't find a regular job, the city should have them doing tasks, such as mowing lawns or shoveling snow. Parks need to be cleaned up, buildings need painting and there are other jobs tax payers currently pay city workers to do. With so many cities going broke, wouldn't you think that welfare recipients would feel better if they were earning their way instead of just taking? That's what I always hear, that they have no choice, so why not set up a system in a way that allows them to keep their pride?

Of course, many I met on welfare claim to be disabled (though their doctors rarely agree) and claim not to be able to do any work. Couldn't be that they've managed to avoid it for so long that the thought of committing to daily work scares them a little? It always amazed me when a woman would claim she couldn't even do simple jobs, yet also claimed to be a good mom to a half dozen children. I have children and keeping up with them is a lot harder than most jobs I've held.

When gang members and drug dealers are drawing welfare and still selling drugs on the side, it's time to kick them off the welfare wagon. When illegals are letting the tax payers raise their children while they work and get paid under the table and support Mexico's economy, time to send them home. When woman keep having children and keep claiming not to know who the father is so the state can collect child support, time to investigate the live-in boyfriend and do some paternity tests.

We also have parents who never bothered to discipline their children so the kids get falsely diagnosed with ADHD when they get to school. Parents get an extra check every month if the child is considered handicapped. I see a lot of suspicious cases where good parenting would solve the problem. Instead, the child is deemed challenged and they don't try hard. If you can be taken care of, why knock yourself out trying to improve your life. That's the tax payers' job.

That's the message being sent from Washington. Screw up, run to government and they will raid what's left of the tax payers money. It's an invitation.

While no one should go without, I think parents who don't take care of their children should lose custody. The parents can go without just long enough to learn that they need to step up to the plate and act like adults. This all has to stop somewhere.

I have met way too many people who have no business being on the doles. It's bad in the small community where I live, so I can imagine the total fraud that goes on all around the country.

I am sick of the left accusing people of being cold and uncaring when they state that welfare recipients should do more for themselves. The able bodied ones should be and too many don't. I have a problem with that.

If an uninsured person falls ill or has an accident, they will receive life saving treatment. Yes, there will be a bill. The person will receive that bill and has a choice to make payments on it or not. Maybe they'll never get it all paid off. But, if they start sending small payments, it shows good faith and if the millions of people across the country would make small payments on their medical bills, it would make a huge difference and might even save some hospitals from closing their doors. Nothing is free. It's a hardship for some to make payments on their bills. It's a hardship on many tax payers to have to pay other people's bills. All we can ask is that some put a little more effort toward their own welfare. Too many don't do that.

We all know darn well there are freeloaders who are experts at scamming the system. They would be the ones driving the nice vehicles, living in a nice government house and using their EBT cards to purchase expensive things like tattoos, nail salon, cigarettes, big TVs and gambling. There is no excuse for the things people are buying with money given for the benefit of children and families.

Helping others truly in need makes people feel good. Getting drained by people who just don't want to work sucks and feels horrible. None of us like getting taken advantage of, but that is happening.

The problem I see with many cons is that they are so very detached from reality. I live in an area that is not doing so well, but people do work. A lot of them in this area work for minimum wage because that is all they can find. They have kids and work second jobs and struggle to get by. Some of them also get food stamps and are on SCHIP because they don't get benefits with their minimum wage jobs.

I realize there are some out there taking advantage or who are lifers to the public dole, but their numbers aren't near what you would think. It's just a pisser that we can't weed those people out. The difference is that I don't believe we should drop the safety net for all those who are trying and who desperately need it so that we can cut off the few who we don't care for who are taking advantage of the system. Many on the conservative side would just love to shut it all down because they can't stand the idea of someone getting a free check.

I have always worked very hard for a living, and never expected a dime from another.

I too disagree with giving free hand outs... but let me ask you a few questions.

1. How is a baby that was going to be aborted going to be raised ( sorry the non-profits can not handle the huge amount it takes ) I have worked in this field.

2. If a family goes through a really hard time, don't you feel that a family deserves food and shelter for a short time?

3. When a non-insured person gets into a horrible accident, you feel that they should just die ?

I could go on

You're combing the needy with the idle when it comes to helping. I've never heard anyone say we shouldn't have a safety net. When generations of a family have been on the doles, you can see that it's no longer a safety net. Safety nets are temporary.

People over the years have failed to plan for their future. If it was understood that welfare is not a permanent way of life and that people were expected to work, more would make choices to ensure their own security, such as staying in school and avoiding the problems that tend to cause people to mess up their lives. Right now, the left wants to pick up the slack when people don't try. There are too many unwed teen moms, who are likely children of past unwed teen moms, who understand that welfare allowed their mom and maybe their grandparents to avoid work. I have worked with social services and it is amazing how many women get pregnant when their youngest children is nearing age 18. I've seen women with 8 children and the state isn't collecting child support from the father(s) because the woman claims not to know who the father is. Couldn't possibly be the guy she's lived with for 10 years.

I think all able bodied people should work while on welfare. If they can't find a regular job, the city should have them doing tasks, such as mowing lawns or shoveling snow. Parks need to be cleaned up, buildings need painting and there are other jobs tax payers currently pay city workers to do. With so many cities going broke, wouldn't you think that welfare recipients would feel better if they were earning their way instead of just taking? That's what I always hear, that they have no choice, so why not set up a system in a way that allows them to keep their pride?

Of course, many I met on welfare claim to be disabled (though their doctors rarely agree) and claim not to be able to do any work. Couldn't be that they've managed to avoid it for so long that the thought of committing to daily work scares them a little? It always amazed me when a woman would claim she couldn't even do simple jobs, yet also claimed to be a good mom to a half dozen children. I have children and keeping up with them is a lot harder than most jobs I've held.

When gang members and drug dealers are drawing welfare and still selling drugs on the side, it's time to kick them off the welfare wagon. When illegals are letting the tax payers raise their children while they work and get paid under the table and support Mexico's economy, time to send them home. When woman keep having children and keep claiming not to know who the father is so the state can collect child support, time to investigate the live-in boyfriend and do some paternity tests.

We also have parents who never bothered to discipline their children so the kids get falsely diagnosed with ADHD when they get to school. Parents get an extra check every month if the child is considered handicapped. I see a lot of suspicious cases where good parenting would solve the problem. Instead, the child is deemed challenged and they don't try hard. If you can be taken care of, why knock yourself out trying to improve your life. That's the tax payers' job.

That's the message being sent from Washington. Screw up, run to government and they will raid what's left of the tax payers money. It's an invitation.

While no one should go without, I think parents who don't take care of their children should lose custody. The parents can go without just long enough to learn that they need to step up to the plate and act like adults. This all has to stop somewhere.

I have met way too many people who have no business being on the doles. It's bad in the small community where I live, so I can imagine the total fraud that goes on all around the country.

I am sick of the left accusing people of being cold and uncaring when they state that welfare recipients should do more for themselves. The able bodied ones should be and too many don't. I have a problem with that.

If an uninsured person falls ill or has an accident, they will receive life saving treatment. Yes, there will be a bill. The person will receive that bill and has a choice to make payments on it or not. Maybe they'll never get it all paid off. But, if they start sending small payments, it shows good faith and if the millions of people across the country would make small payments on their medical bills, it would make a huge difference and might even save some hospitals from closing their doors. Nothing is free. It's a hardship for some to make payments on their bills. It's a hardship on many tax payers to have to pay other people's bills. All we can ask is that some put a little more effort toward their own welfare. Too many don't do that.

We all know darn well there are freeloaders who are experts at scamming the system. They would be the ones driving the nice vehicles, living in a nice government house and using their EBT cards to purchase expensive things like tattoos, nail salon, cigarettes, big TVs and gambling. There is no excuse for the things people are buying with money given for the benefit of children and families.

Helping others truly in need makes people feel good. Getting drained by people who just don't want to work sucks and feels horrible. None of us like getting taken advantage of, but that is happening.

The problem I see with many cons is that they are so very detached from reality. I live in an area that is not doing so well, but people do work. A lot of them in this area work for minimum wage because that is all they can find. They have kids and work second jobs and struggle to get by. Some of them also get food stamps and are on SCHIP because they don't get benefits with their minimum wage jobs.

I realize there are some out there taking advantage or who are lifers to the public dole, but their numbers aren't near what you would think. It's just a pisser that we can't weed those people out. The difference is that I don't believe we should drop the safety net for all those who are trying and who desperately need it so that we can cut off the few who we don't care for who are taking advantage of the system. Many on the conservative side would just love to shut it all down because they can't stand the idea of someone getting a free check.

Just as Auditor mentioned there are true hard workers barely making it and who do not take advantage.
And then there are the lazy ass free loaders who ruin it for the ones who really need it.
The system needs a complete over haul, and there needs to be more workers to do better checks on the scammers.
Right now the social system is maxed out and burned out. Case loads busting out of the walls.

I once had a group of guys drive up in a bad ass Cadillac, ordered a big box of steaks and paid with food stamps. I was 19 years old and it pissed me off.

So yes, something need to be done.

Freedom aint free, and it's called taxes.

That might justify the military, but what do Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, welfare and food stamps have to do with freedom.

Now to make the wealthy cough up their fair share and then tackle economical issues, so we can take people off the food stamps.

The wealthy already pay far more than their "fair share."

Bitching about taxes because it isn't "free" is the most idiotic thing I've seen all week, but then again, Republicans like to avoid taxes. Just look at mittens. :eusa_whistle:

Why else would you bitch about taxes? Here's the bottom line: taxation is theft. No one is entitled to live by taking money from another at gun point. disguising the robbery with the trappings of democracy only fools the gullible.

1. Bush Era tax breaks are STILL ACTIVE, which means tax breaks for the wealthy and Corporations.
2. It's one's obligation to pay taxes. It's what keeps this nation running. If you don't like it, blame our founding fathers and get out. Freedom aint free. And we need to work on making everyone pay their fair share and then focus on other important issues.

Tax is not theft.

Knowledge should be free. And by that, I mean information.

I must be a horrible person, forcing people to provide a roof over the heads of others, food in everyones belly, and welfare to help struggling families.

The shame I should feel!

Republicans only care about money going into their pockets.
>.>

and Democrats dont?.....:eusa_eh:

I don't mind paying my fair share, Honestly. It's a privilege to be in a nation where it's freedoms and liberties are often taken for granted.
Some do, some don't, but despite that, we have stood up and paid our taxes responsibly.

Just as Auditor mentioned there are true hard workers barely making it and who do not take advantage.
And then there are the lazy ass free loaders who ruin it for the ones who really need it.
The system needs a complete over haul, and there needs to be more workers to do better checks on the scammers.
Right now the social system is maxed out and burned out. Case loads busting out of the walls.

I once had a group of guys drive up in a bad ass Cadillac, ordered a big box of steaks and paid with food stamps. I was 19 years old and it pissed me off.

So yes, something need to be done.

I agree. There are people who do abuse food stamps and it should be punished severely.
We need ways on identifying and catching the fraudsters more easily and we must be willing to persecute them.

When I was very small, we were that family out on the street. That was when it was really out on the street and no safety net at all. Many people tried to help us and my parents took what was offered, laughed at the suckers and went on their way when it became obvious that absolutely nothing was going to "help" us get on our feet.

Had there been government help then like there is now, my dad would never have gotten a job. He hated the idea of working. Working was giving in, being a brown nose, doing what you were told. When I became an adult, I became actually angry at the well meaning dolts who tried to help. All they did was keep us going from help to help as long as a sucker could be found. And there was always a sucker to find.

We would have been much better off had they just left us in the street eating out of garbage cans until my parents finally got a clue.

When I was very small, we were that family out on the street. That was when it was really out on the street and no safety net at all. Many people tried to help us and my parents took what was offered, laughed at the suckers and went on their way when it became obvious that absolutely nothing was going to "help" us get on our feet.

Had there been government help then like there is now, my dad would never have gotten a job. He hated the idea of working. Working was giving in, being a brown nose, doing what you were told. When I became an adult, I became actually angry at the well meaning dolts who tried to help. All they did was keep us going from help to help as long as a sucker could be found. And there was always a sucker to find.

We would have been much better off had they just left us in the street eating out of garbage cans until my parents finally got a clue.

You still act like a bum most of the time. And not the down on his luck guy, but rather the stark raving lunatic who talks to himself and needs medication badly to treat his condition.

I call bullshit on your story by the way.

Well the safety net has turned into a hammock for loads out there.

We workers may have trouble paying our bills but those little EBT cards will always have your and my tax dollars available to the welfare crowd.

Personally I don't feel obligated to pay someone elses bills. I just wish I had some conrol over the idiots in Govt who have decided those that work hard need to take care of those that don't.

Those of you who have no problem paying someone elses way are certainly welcome to have at it.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
What will it take to get the idiot liberal Dumbocrat to understand that nothing is "free". When someone gets food stamps, someone else is forced to provide it. When someone gets subsidized housing, someone else is forced to provide it. When someone gets free healthcare, someone else is forced to provide it.

When one labors and the fruits of those labor are given to another by force, there is a term for that - it's called SLAVERY. Leave it to the Dumbocrats to advocate slavery.

It begs the question though: why does the idiot liberal Dumbocrat advocate for free everything except the market?!?!

Serving the birth right King is called monarchy why do dumb ass cons keep trying to bring back the King?

Nothing should be "free" end inheritance today!

Everyone should work for their place, no matter who their daddy was.

>.>

and Democrats dont?.....:eusa_eh:

I don't mind paying my fair share, Honestly. It's a privilege to be in a nation where it's freedoms and liberties are often taken for granted.
Some do, some don't, but despite that, we have stood up and paid our taxes responsibly.

paying taxes was not what was being talked about.....you said...."Republicans only care about money going into their pockets.".....i agree,many do....but so do many Democrats....

Freedom aint free, and it's called taxes.

That might justify the military, but what do Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, welfare and food stamps have to do with freedom.

The wealthy already pay far more than their "fair share."

Bitching about taxes because it isn't "free" is the most idiotic thing I've seen all week, but then again, Republicans like to avoid taxes. Just look at mittens. :eusa_whistle:

Why else would you bitch about taxes? Here's the bottom line: taxation is theft. No one is entitled to live by taking money from another at gun point. disguising the robbery with the trappings of democracy only fools the gullible.

1. Bush Era tax breaks are STILL ACTIVE, which means tax breaks for the wealthy and Corporations.
2. It's one's obligation to pay taxes. It's what keeps this nation running. If you don't like it, blame our founding fathers and get out. Freedom aint free. And we need to work on making everyone pay their fair share and then focus on other important issues.

Tax is not theft.

There you go again...calling for "everyone" to pay their "fair share"...when the reality is that almost half the people in this country pay no Federal taxes and 80% of Federal taxes are paid by the wealthy. Why is it that freedom IS free for some and not for others?

You're right that I have an obligation to pay taxes but when I do so I'd like to think that the government that I pay them to values that money and understands how hard I worked to make it.

We waste obscene amounts of money every single day on bloated inefficient government. Fix THAT and then talk to me about "other important issues"! When you take my money and then squander it, it's worse than "theft".

The non-profits absolutely can handle it. First of all, the families standing in line waiting to adopt are miles long. Second, we have the highest corporate tax rate in the world, yet we also give more to charity than any nation in the world. Can you imagine how much charity would receieve if the Dumbocrats weren't stealing us into poverty?

Yes, from their family. From their friends. From their neighbors. From their church. From their charities. That's more than enough safety nets. Why the fuck does the left insist that everything be done through government - which is full of waste and corruption.

Why does the left have to be so extreme? It's either slavery or death in your mind? Really? There is no other choice? How about this? When an uninsured person gets into a horrible accident, they are held accountable for being uninsured. They are put on a payment plan (just like people who buy homes, cars, property, college loans, etc.) and forced to pay back the cost of their mistake, even if it takes the rest of their life. Personal responsibility and accountability. What a concept, uh?

I could go on

I could too, but I just thoroughly defeated every weak point you just made. I eagerly await any more you might have.

he'd rather we had debtors prisons and workhouses like dickensian england.

Exactly! "Debtors prisons" and "workhouses" is 1,000x's better than having parasite mooches like you taking the American people for all they have and collapsing this once great nation. God forbid we have personal accountability & responsibility, right mooch?

Further more, the idiot liberal like you make such absurd extreme positions. It's either communism or death for the poor in your minds. As if people without insurance can't be put on payment plans and required to pay back their debts, no matter how long it takes.

So much easier to just STEAL from another and force them into SLAVERY, right Jillian?

Once again we find you making weak, uneducated "points" and me thoroughly dismantling them. Doesn't this get tired/embarassing for you ever?

What will it take to get the idiot liberal Dumbocrat to understand that nothing is "free". When someone gets food stamps, someone else is forced to provide it. When someone gets subsidized housing, someone else is forced to provide it. When someone gets free healthcare, someone else is forced to provide it.

When one labors and the fruits of those labor are given to another by force, there is a term for that - it's called SLAVERY. Leave it to the Dumbocrats to advocate slavery.

It begs the question though: why does the idiot liberal Dumbocrat advocate for free everything except the market?!?!

Freedom aint free, and it's called taxes. Now to make the wealthy cough up their fair share and then tackle economical issues, so we can take people off the food stamps.

You're right, the wealthy don't pay their fair share. They pay an ungodly amount MORE for you parasites. The top 1% of American's pay 30% of the taxes. How is that "fair"?!?!? But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your propaganda idiot...

CBO Report Confirms Rich Already Pay Their "Fair Share"

I must be a horrible person, forcing people to provide a roof over the heads of others, food in everyones belly, and welfare to help struggling families.

The shame I should feel!

You're right - you are a horrible person. First of all, who are you to FORCE anyone to do anything? Why don't YOU provide "a roof over the heads of others, food in everyone's belly, and welfare to help struggling families" instead of hording your wealth like a greedy hypocrite?

Second, SLAVERY is slavery, no matter how you try to sugarcoat it. You could make the same idiot argument for the slave owners in the 1700's and 1800's. Forcing black people to "provide a roof over the heads of others, food in everyone's belly, and welfare to help struggling families" for the slave owners was a very honorable thing to do, right? See how stupid you sound now? You absolutely should be ashamed for your arrogance and your ignorance.

No, Republican's care about the survival of this nation. See, you idiot liberal Dumbocrat's are collapsing it with your stupidity. Dubmocrats only care about themselves and redistributing wealth from others into their greedy pockets.

And complaining about paying taxes. Or not paying them at all.

Name ONE family in America that you've helped Noomi. Come on, just ONE. One family you've fed. One family you've housed. One family you've provided healthcare for.

It's easy to sit in your expensive house wallowing in wealth why shedding tears for the poor and demanding OTHERS pay for them, isn't it Noomi?

Of course, nobody really cares what you think anyway since you're not an American and have no vote in America. Even though you feel you should have a voice in America. Arrogance... it's an ugly, ugly thing Noomi.

These teabaggers think Scrooge was a hero.

And you idiot liberal Dumbocrats think that Vladamir Lenin, Joseph Stalin, and Adolf Hitler are "hero's". They controlled wealth. They controlled food supply. They controlled healthcare (you know, all of the things you parasites want). It ended with hundres of millions slaughtered and everyone living in misery.

I'll take the fictional Scrooge over the actual tyrants that you worship and emulate any day.... :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back