Why NOTHING should be free

Rotwieler I was kthenunderstanding a 8th a eduicatiion level cozier this obit take out his qsss

Freedom aint free, and it's called taxes.

That might justify the military, but what do Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, welfare and food stamps have to do with freedom.

Now to make the wealthy cough up their fair share and then tackle economical issues, so we can take people off the food stamps.

The wealthy already pay far more than their "fair share."

Bitching about taxes because it isn't "free" is the most idiotic thing I've seen all week, but then again, Republicans like to avoid taxes. Just look at mittens. :eusa_whistle:

Why else would you bitch about taxes? Here's the bottom line: taxation is theft. No one is entitled to live by taking money from another at gun point. disguising the robbery with the trappings of democracy only fools the gullible.

Last edited:
I must be a horrible person, forcing people to provide a roof over the heads of others, food in everyones belly, and welfare to help struggling families.

The shame I should feel!

Robbery is robbery, no matter what you do with the money.

You're a cheap thug.

What will it take to get the idiot liberal Dumbocrat to understand that nothing is "free". When someone gets food stamps, someone else is forced to provide it. When someone gets subsidized housing, someone else is forced to provide it. When someone gets free healthcare, someone else is forced to provide it.

When one labors and the fruits of those labor are given to another by force, there is a term for that - it's called SLAVERY. Leave it to the Dumbocrats to advocate slavery.

It begs the question though: why does the idiot liberal Dumbocrat advocate for free everything except the market?!?!

Freedom aint free, and it's called taxes. Now to make the wealthy cough up their fair share and then tackle economical issues, so we can take people off the food stamps.

Bitching about taxes because it isn't "free" is the most idiotic thing I've seen all week, but then again, Republicans like to avoid taxes. Just look at mittens. :eusa_whistle:

So if I understand this correctly successful people owe something to people who don't strive to succeed in their own lives because it's only fair... You lazy bums are friggin' NUTS.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I have always worked very hard for a living, and never expected a dime from another.

I too disagree with giving free hand outs... but let me ask you a few questions.

1. How is a baby that was going to be aborted going to be raised ( sorry the non-profits can not handle the huge amount it takes ) I have worked in this field.

2. If a family goes through a really hard time, don't you feel that a family deserves food and shelter for a short time?

3. When a non-insured person gets into a horrible accident, you feel that they should just die ?

I could go on

This is the biggest problem with the thought process of those on the right; they actually believe that every moderate and liberal actually wants all these handouts. The truth is that there are certain people who have become leeches in the system and getting them out of the system and actually working will never be an easy accomplishment. But to say that all these people want free handouts and don't want to work is just absolutely absurd. Try living on those freebies for a while. While it may allow for some type of subsistence, it's not the kind of life most people want to live. This is, in fact, the reason that most people who are on welfare for a given amount of time actually do get off of it and find real jobs.

Here is another thing to think about; the vast majority of those who are receiving government aid in the form of food stamps are actually the working poor. Most of them have jobs, but they make so little at them that they can't afford to feed their kids, so they get food stamps. The bigger problem that we have is that we have so many working poor.

he'd rather we had debtors prisons and workhouses like dickensian england.
These teabaggers think Scrooge was a hero.

To bad the dems don't have the same feeling toward Jesus Christ. :D

Why is it that the christians on the right feel that they are so superior than those who vote any other way?
Knock it off with the "Holier-than-thou", self-righteous attitude. That crap worked for the fizzled out Pat Robertson nut jobs during the Bush terms sadly to say. You might just be surprised that the many people sitting next to you in church do not vote republican.

What will it take to get the idiot liberal Dumbocrat to understand that nothing is "free". When someone gets food stamps, someone else is forced to provide it. When someone gets subsidized housing, someone else is forced to provide it. When someone gets free healthcare, someone else is forced to provide it.

When one labors and the fruits of those labor are given to another by force, there is a term for that - it's called SLAVERY. Leave it to the Dumbocrats to advocate slavery.

It begs the question though: why does the idiot liberal Dumbocrat advocate for free everything except the market?!?!

I must be a horrible person, forcing people to provide a roof over the heads of others, food in everyones belly, and welfare to help struggling families.

The shame I should feel!

Republicans only care about money going into their pockets.
>.>

and Democrats dont?.....:eusa_eh:

I have always worked very hard for a living, and never expected a dime from another.

I too disagree with giving free hand outs... but let me ask you a few questions.

1. How is a baby that was going to be aborted going to be raised ( sorry the non-profits can not handle the huge amount it takes ) I have worked in this field.

2. If a family goes through a really hard time, don't you feel that a family deserves food and shelter for a short time?

3. When a non-insured person gets into a horrible accident, you feel that they should just die ?

I could go on

This is the biggest problem with the thought process of those on the right; they actually believe that every moderate and liberal actually wants all these handouts. The truth is that there are certain people who have become leeches in the system and getting them out of the system and actually working will never be an easy accomplishment. But to say that all these people want free handouts and don't want to work is just absolutely absurd. Try living on those freebies for a while. While it may allow for some type of subsistence, it's not the kind of life most people want to live. This is, in fact, the reason that most people who are on welfare for a given amount of time actually do get off of it and find real jobs.

Here is another thing to think about; the vast majority of those who are receiving government aid in the form of food stamps are actually the working poor. Most of them have jobs, but they make so little at them that they can't afford to feed their kids, so they get food stamps. The bigger problem that we have is that we have so many working poor.

Lazy unmotivated bums is what I call people who believe that they are entitled to milk off of the hard work of others.

The shame I should feel!

Republicans only care about money going into their pockets.
>.>

And complaining about paying taxes. Or not paying them at all.

look lady i know plenty of Democrats who dont like paying taxes.....live in California and you will do a little complaining yourself....

The shame I should feel!

If you want so much to feed, house and cloth poor folk, why don't you invite a poor family to come live with you?

But those who want ro pay no taxes seem to think that living in the USA should be free.

Why should anyone pay to live in any particular location?

What the??? You must live in the boonies on grandmas farm. People pay very high taxes to live in the most desirable areas. We pay those high taxes for better schools and roads, libraries, emergency 911.

Well GOPer's and other RW's, you can take solice in knowing that the sun, and the air we breath are free.

Also under Pre afa health care was given out for free a lot, under aca people will not be liable for not getting health care u cons should love Obama care you just to stupid to know what it really is

I could go on

You're combining the needy with the idle when it comes to helping. I've never heard anyone say we shouldn't have a safety net. When generations of a family have been on the doles, you can see that it's no longer a safety net. Safety nets are temporary.

People over the years have failed to plan for their future. If it was understood that welfare is not a permanent way of life and that people were expected to work, more would make choices to ensure their own security, such as staying in school and avoiding the problems that tend to cause people to mess up their lives. Right now, the left wants to pick up the slack when people don't try. There are too many unwed teen moms, who are likely children of past unwed teen moms, who understand that welfare allowed their mom and maybe their grandparents to avoid work. I have worked with social services and it is amazing how many women get pregnant when their youngest children is nearing age 18. I've seen women with 8 children and the state isn't collecting child support from the father(s) because the woman claims not to know who the father is. Couldn't possibly be the guy she's lived with for 10 years.

It's a scam with certain people and we need to break the cycle.

I think all able bodied people should work while on welfare. If they can't find a regular job, the city should have them doing tasks, such as mowing lawns or shoveling snow. Parks need to be cleaned up, buildings need painting and there are other jobs tax payers currently pay city workers to do. With so many cities going broke, wouldn't you think that welfare recipients would feel better if they were earning their way instead of just taking? That's what I always hear, that they have no choice, so why not set up a system in a way that allows them to keep their pride?

Of course, many I met on welfare claim to be disabled (though their doctors rarely agree) and claim not to be able to do any work. Couldn't be that they've managed to avoid it for so long that the thought of committing to daily work scares them a little? It always amazed me when a woman would claim she couldn't even do simple jobs, yet also claimed to be a good mom to a half dozen children. I have children and keeping up with them is a lot harder than most jobs I've held.

When gang members and drug dealers are drawing welfare and still selling drugs on the side, it's time to kick them off the welfare wagon. When illegals are letting the tax payers raise their children while they work and get paid under the table and support Mexico's economy, time to send them home. When woman keep having children and keep claiming not to know who the father is so the state can collect child support, time to investigate the live-in boyfriend and do some paternity tests.

We also have parents who never bothered to discipline their children so the kids get falsely diagnosed with ADHD when they get to school. Parents get an extra check every month if the child is considered handicapped. I see a lot of suspicious cases where good parenting would solve the problem. Instead, the child is deemed challenged and they don't try hard. If you can be taken care of, why knock yourself out trying to improve your life. That's the tax payers' job.

That's the message being sent from Washington. Screw up, run to government and they will raid what's left of the tax payers money. It's an invitation.

While no one should go without, I think parents who don't take care of their children should lose custody. The parents can go without just long enough to learn that they need to step up to the plate and act like adults. This all has to stop somewhere.

I have met way too many people who have no business being on the doles. It's bad in the small community where I live, so I can imagine the total fraud that goes on all around the country.

I am sick of the left accusing people of being cold and uncaring when they state that welfare recipients should do more for themselves. The able bodied ones should be and too many don't. I have a problem with that.

If an uninsured person falls ill or has an accident, they will receive life saving treatment. Yes, there will be a bill. The person will receive that bill and has a choice to make payments on it or not. Maybe they'll never get it all paid off. But, if they start sending small payments, it shows good faith and if the millions of people across the country would make small payments on their medical bills, it would make a huge difference and might even save some hospitals from closing their doors. Nothing is free. It's a hardship for some to make payments on their bills. It's a hardship on many tax payers to have to pay other people's bills. All we can ask is that some put a little more effort toward their own welfare. Too many don't do that.

We all know darn well there are freeloaders who are experts at scamming the system. They would be the ones driving the nice vehicles, living in a nice government house and using their EBT cards to purchase expensive things like tattoos, nail salon, cigarettes, big TVs and gambling. There is no excuse for the things people are buying with money given for the benefit of children and families.

Helping others truly in need makes people feel good. Getting drained by people who just don't want to work sucks and feels horrible. None of us like getting taken advantage of, but that is happening.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back