CDZ Why Not Let States Decide?

Conservatives hate the idea of the Constitution being enforced, because they want States to be able to ignore the Constiution.

Here you have an example of Liberal thought: Conservatives are evil; therefore, anything they support must be opposed a priori.

And I was responding to an example of Conservative thought: Liberals are evil, therefore, anything they support must be opposed a priori

Liberals hate the idea of letting states decide anything because people have the ability to move..

We have many contentious issues (e.g., abortion and gay marriage) for which there is no consensus. Why must they all be decided at the Federal level? Why not let States decide for themselves? Please leave out the moral arguments on both sides; there are just as many people who come to opposite conclusions. Also, the 13th and 14th Amendments specifically dealt with the end of slavery and the civil war, so don't bother with applying them to current issues.

I just want to know why you think the States shouldn't be allowed to decide these issues on their own.

Liberals hate the idea of letting states decide anything because people have the ability to move..

Conservatives hate the idea of the Constitution being enforced, because they want States to be able to ignore the Constiution.

The states only gave the Federal government 17 enumerated powers. I would say they hate any other power being enforced outside that realm.

We have many contentious issues (e.g., abortion and gay marriage) for which there is no consensus. Why must they all be decided at the Federal level? Why not let States decide for themselves? Please leave out the moral arguments on both sides; there are just as many people who come to opposite conclusions. Also, the 13th and 14th Amendments specifically dealt with the end of slavery and the civil war, so don't bother with applying them to current issues.

I just want to know why you think the States shouldn't be allowed to decide these issues on their own.

Liberals hate the idea of letting states decide anything because people have the ability to move. This thwarts their ideological inclinations as those who object to their ruinous policies have a say when it comes to voting with their feet. If they can force all states to abide by their will there is little else for people to run to and they are forced to subject themselves to liberal policies that they cant run away from. Thus, democrats are the exact opposite of the root word in their name.
This is a lie, and comprehensively ridiculous, ignorant, and wrong.

'Liberals' have no issue with the states deciding matters appropriate to the states in accordance with the Constitution and its case law.

Indeed, 'liberals' would much rather the states obey the Constitution and allow same-sex couples access to state marriage law they're eligible to participate in – thus avoiding getting the courts involved at all.

And American citizens 'leaving' a state is not a 'remedy' to that state seeking to violate citizens' civil rights, the notion is idiocy.

Oh that's how the constitution magically changed to allow corporate and individual welfare at the expense of the general welfare of the population. Lets not pretend that when liberals and less so conservatives don't simply make up a power within the Constitution when it fits their authoritarian schemes. The most useless amendments in the U.S. Constitution in the 20th century are the 9th and the 10th. No deference is given to either. Don't tell me that the reason those amendments have diminished to federal authority is because the ink magically slid off the parchment.
kinda late to be bitching about that now don't cha think?

Sarcasm. Some people don't get it.

And I was responding to an example of Conservative thought: Liberals are evil, therefore, anything they support must be opposed a priori

Your originality is underwhelming. The correct statement would be that Liberals are unrealistic, therefore anything they propose should be viewed with circumspection.

Your originality is underwhelming. The correct statement would be that Liberals are unrealistic, therefore anything they propose should be viewed with circumspection.
ironic statement of the week!

Forum List

Back