Zone1 Why not just amend the National Firearms Act to include ARs and AKs?

They could use specific language to identify ARs and AKs just as the law does for machine guns, short barreled shotguns and silencers etc.
That would just be banning the "scary looking gun" and do nothing. The gun company could just change a few minor things rename it the AS-15 and while they wait for the legislation to ban that come up with the changes for the AT-15 they are going to release as soon as they do.

Why not take all firearm laws and bills against the Second Amendment make them null and void, take all elected officals that sponcered a bill or supported a law against the Second Amendment and have them made to stand trial in a peoples court for violation of their oath following the Constitution?
That seems a bit extreme to me, but just my opinion.

A semi auto ban would get rid of this.

semi auto covers a lot of weapons, not just ARs, I have a shotgun that shoots 10 rounds and is semi auto

They could use specific language to identify ARs and AKs just as the law does for machine guns, short barreled shotguns and silencers etc.
so what, lots of guns hold multiple rounds and are semi auto, I used to own a 17 round semi auto handgun. This new woke attitude keeps police from doing their jobs because of someone's feelings. These shootings are increasing not because of the weapons, they have been around since the 20's. It is because of the handcuffs society puts on law enforcement.

I wonder if it's possible to have a real discussion on so called "assault weapons" without it devolving into hysterics. Let's see. I propose that if the Democrats really wanted to ban ARs and AKs they could do it simply by amending the already existing National FireArms Act of 1934. It has already been amended twice so why not just stop with the angry speeches and amend this law to do it? It is clearly related to the new class of weapons so named "assault weapons". I believe the Democrats don't really want to do anything, they get more political mileage out of posturing and speech making on "Gun Control". What say you?

I say no. The act needs to be recinded.

In a government of the People, for the People, and by the People; the People should never be outgunned by the government they pay to serve them. Let that sink in…

I wonder if it's possible to have a real discussion on so called "assault weapons" without it devolving into hysterics. Let's see. I propose that if the Democrats really wanted to ban ARs and AKs they could do it simply by amending the already existing National FireArms Act of 1934. It has already been amended twice so why not just stop with the angry speeches and amend this law to do it? It is clearly related to the new class of weapons so named "assault weapons". I believe the Democrats don't really want to do anything, they get more political mileage out of posturing and speech making on "Gun Control". What say you?

The Democrats don't want to take the chance of the court overturning the entire NFA.

It isn't a "new class" of weapons......

Sorry, but we live in a democracy so it is unlikely to happen. A ban on these weapons is far more likely. Only 23 percent of all voters oppose an assault weapons ban, a poll found. Including a majority of Republicans.

I amazes me how people can be so in their bubble they have no clue what the average American thinks.

Uninformed Americans have no right to violate the Rights of millions and millions of Americans...

In a government of the People, for the People, and by the People; the People should never be outgunned by the government they pay to serve them. Let that sink in…
Great idea. I can't wait for the next school shooter to come in with something like this:
images

A semi auto ban would get rid of this.

I though Cheaper than Dirt would have changed their name after the way they were ripping off everyone buying ammunition.

Simple; they don't have the votes. Even if they held the House and enough played ball, it would never get past a Senate filibuster.

And that assumes the Democrats are organized, focused, and unified enough to get it through, and that is far from a sure thing.

Forum List

Back