Why Not Build the Fence?

I say we can seal the borders to a large degree as we eventually catch the ones that make it through . Do as you guys like , yer grandchildren inherit it !!

The government will still do whatever they want, no matter how We The People feel about it. Let's not get our panties in a bunch over a situation that's more than likely out of our control.

I've been seeing some tunnels on occasion but I know that if serious attempts are made then tunneling can be detected and stopped .

Do you have any idea how long the tunnels have been in use? You might want to educate yourself.

While you're at it, learn to use the quote function.

Amazing what technology can do:

Ground-penetrating radar is used to search for smuggling tunnels along the U.S. border with Mexico. Mike Carney, of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, says it's good at mapping cavities under the ground. Carney, a deputy special agent in charge of ICE's San Diego office of investigations, notes though, that a highly sophisticated tunnel found in 2006 was 80 feet deep in some places.

"Something that deep," he says, "would be very hard to detect."

Another technique that might be used is seismic measurement. Oden says the technology can be used to detect the sound of digging or movement underground. Seismic sensors can also measure the normal, ambient sound caused by earth movement, traffic and other sources, and find anomalies — places where the sound is different. Oden cautions that it's easy finding anomalies, though, and harder to explain what's causing them.

Electro-magnetic induction — "essentially it's a fancy metal detector," Oden says — can be used to detect wiring underground, if the tunnels are provided with electric lighting systems. The problem is that it can't detect tunnelers using flashlights or miners' headlamps.

InSAR is a type of radar satellite system that can detect minor changes in the Earth's crust, in some cases, down to the centimeter. Oden says the system can observe places where the ground is sinking slightly because of excavations deep below.

Oden says that if he were advising the effort to find tunnels, he'd try to use several different techniques at once, starting with remote sensing.

"No geophysical technique works all the time, so you try using several and compare notes between them," he says.​

LEGAL immigrants are assimilating just as they always have.

What's with the problems of the children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren of some of those legal immigrants?

Some are poor, just like some of the descendants of folks who took a boat ride in 1620, ya dope. Overall, today's LEGAL immigrants are assimilating just as other waves of immigrants have. Some people like YOU are playing the role of frightened, ignorant fool, just as previous generations have unfortunately produced. Your ilk has always been proven irrelevant in the long run.

The government will still do whatever they want, no matter how We The People feel about it.

You probably don't even vote, do you?

I haven't yet. I just recently moved to a different town and need to switch my address. I have been so busy with other things that voting really hasn't occurred to me. Its not that I don't want to, I just need to educate myself more on certain issues and the respective people involved.

LEGAL immigrants are assimilating just as they always have.

What's with the problems of the children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren of some of those legal immigrants?

Some are poor, just like some of the descendants of folks who took a boat ride in 1620, ya dope. Overall, today's LEGAL immigrants are assimilating just as other waves of immigrants have. Some people like YOU are playing the role of frightened, ignorant fool, just as previous generations have unfortunately produced. Your ilk has always been proven irrelevant in the long run.

If I won't accept a Christian telling me that God sent a miracle down and diverted a hurricane from hitting a city, why should I take your faith-based fantasy seriously?

and Rizkurhen , yeah , nothing is 100% all the time I guess . Well like I say , space travel didn't work at first but after research it worked . Same with going to the depths of the oceans .

I'd much rather go to a heavy rock concert than get involved in some politics. I focus more on the food industry and being able to farm freely without the government hanging over your shoulder, marijuana reform, upholding our Constitutional rights, more acceptance and rights for midwives and to steer healthcare from the industrialized way its become to make it more personal (one-on-one).

and once again that old chestnut of assimilation , well that ain't MY issue although people can have at it about assimilation if they like . My issue is a growing population in the USA and I don't want to see 400 million people in the USA . --- just saying !!

If I won't accept a Christian telling me that God sent a miracle down and diverted a hurricane from hitting a city, why should I take your faith-based fantasy seriously?

If you want to advertise your anti-religious bigotry, start a new thread so people can ignore it. As for my comments, they are based on history and fact.

and once again that old chestnut of assimilation , well that ain't MY issue although people can have at it about assimilation if they like . My issue is a growing population in the USA and I don't want to see 400 million people in the USA . --- just saying !!

I've already told you that you don't need to worry about that. Learn something about demographic trends.

yeah , you oughta quit repeating yourself, and your links and reasoning makes no sense to me UNKATORE , IMO !!

yeah , you oughta quit repeating yourself, and your links and reasoning makes no sense to me UNKATORE , IMO !!

Unkotare is the textbook case of Dunning-Kruger Effect:

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias manifesting in unskilled individuals suffering from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than is accurate. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude​

yeah , thing is that the guy makes a decree as if it means something and then he repeats and repeats the decree . He also posts off topic information that backs up a change in the subject of the thread . Assimilation , overcrowding of the world , feeding huge populations in the USA has nothing to do with my arguments against immigration . He is welcome to do it as this ain't my board !!

Last edited:
yeah , you oughta quit repeating yourself, and your links and reasoning makes [sic] no sense to me UNKATORE , IMO !!

Wearing your ignorance proudly doesn't make it anything other than what it is.

MexicanPerformance_zps561f3c2e.jpg

Bring it 25 years forward to 2014, then I will pay attention to you.

Why bother? You've already shown yourself ready to dismiss evidence presented which directly addresses your issues, so why would anyone on this board believe you when you write the above? You just ignore inconvenient data. That's who you are, that's your schtick and we all know it.

I addressed the issue that you are 25 years out of date. You are so out of date on all the important issues. No one wants your far right drone bot nonsense in the GOP.

Forum List

Back