Why My Fellow Liberals Should Support Israel in Her Conflict with Hamas

Mojo2

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2013

Posted: 11/20/2012 11:15 am

As an American liberal who loves Israel because I'm a liberal, I've been disturbed by the recent diminishing trend of American progressive support for the Jewish state in its decades-long conflict with its increasingly hostile neighbors.

A recent CNN/ORC poll concerning the Gaza conflict intensified my anxiety: While a plurality of self-identified liberals and Democrats support Israel's right of self-defense in taking military action against Hamas, Democrats were three times more likely than Republicans to believe that the Jewish State is "not justified" in its targeted bombing campaign.

The roots of liberal sympathy for the radical, fundamentalist, brutal Hamas regime are as complex as they are troubling. We liberals love the underdog, and a media that rewards conflict over context has helped promote the perverse notion that the tiny nation with the Star of David on its flag is really the Goliath in the popular Biblical metaphor. This problem was exacerbated in Campaign 2012 when my fellow progressives watched a coterie of unlikeable, right-wing GOP presidential hopefuls proclaim their uber-passionate support for the Jewish State and try to use it as a political wedge against our beloved progressive President.

But amidst the shouting and finger-pointing, the fundamental reason behind the decline of American progressive support for Israel relates to a profound misunderstanding of the facts on the ground. When confronted with an accurate accounting of the differences between the two sides in the conflict, a true liberal must be compelled to embrace the Zionist cause.

Here are but a few examples:

Israel Values Human Life; Hamas Does Not

There's no moral value more important to American liberals than the preciousness of human life, particularly the lives of those in our society who are most vulnerable: As Hubert Humphrey elegantly framed the liberal credo, "The moral test of government is how it treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the aged; and those who are in the shadows of life -- the sick, the needy and the handicapped."

Israel's current intervention in Gaza is a living example of this principle. Understanding that any military action would provoke its international enemies, Israel simply could no longer tolerate the danger posed to its citizens -- Jews and Arabs -- by the many months of unprovoked bombing of civilian targets in Southern Israel by Hamas militants. Accordingly, Israel has engaged in a painstakingly-measured, precisely-targeted bombing campaign, using the most modern technology to carefully dismantle military targets and avoid civilian casualties. On Monday, for example, the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) used pinpoint accuracy to destroy the second floor of a Gaza City office building, killing only the Islamic Jihad military leaders who had been responsible for training terrorists, planning attacks on Israeli civilians and manufacturing weapons.

Outgoing rockets from #Gaza City moments ago twitter.com/andersoncooper...

— Anderson Cooper (@andersoncooper) November 19, 2012​

Of course, there has been -- and will continue to be -- significant collateral damage; innocent Palestinians -- very, very regretfully -- have been killed in the bombing campaign. But their blood lies entirely in the hands of their Hamas leaders. As the picture above taken by CNN's Anderson Cooper dramatically illustrates, Hamas has embedded its offensive military weaponry within highly populated civilian areas, with the complete knowledge -- and indeed, desired intent -- of provoking the IDF to unintentionally kill innocent Palestinians. Hamas' use of human shields -- its deliberate placement of innocent civilians near combat targets to either deter Israel from attacking those targets or to provoke international sympathy for mounting civilian death tolls -- is an indisputable war crime, a clear violation of the Geneva Convention.

Furthermore, Hamas leaders have actually been daring Israel to launch a ground campaign that would necessarily lead to a significant increase in loss of life on both sides, especially among Palestinian civilians. Hamas' leader, Khaled Meshal, suggested Monday that the Israeli mobilization on the Gaza border was a bluff, and insisted that Hamas would not cease its bombing campaign unless Israel ended its military blockade -- a condition it knows the Israeli government will never accept because that would mean more offensive weapons could be brought into Gaza, dramatically exacerbating the military threat against Israeli civilians.

Israel Seeks Peace; Hamas Does Not

When it comes to American foreign policy, or relations among world nations, there's no liberal value more important than the search for peace.

Since declaring its independence more than six decades ago, Israel has desperately sought peace with its neighbors. Time after time, Israel has reached its hand out to peace, only to be met with shaken fists: From Arab declaration of war in 1948 upon their refusal to accept the United Nations' partition; to the Egyptian military provocations in 1967 that led to the Six Day War; to the Arab League's refusal after that war to accept the U.N.'s resolution of land for peace; to the 1973 three-front invasion of the Jewish State on its holiest day of Yom Kippur, to the present hostilities. Indeed, Israel has no incentive whatsoever to provoke war with its neighbors -- its citizens would like nothing better to live peacefully.

Some have argued this week -- including some well-meaning supporters of the Jewish State -- that if only Israel would sign a peace agreement to establish a Palestinian state in the West Bank, such bombing campaigns would no longer be necessary. Like most American liberals -- indeed like a majority of Israeli citizens -- I too support a two-state solution that transform most of the West Bank into a Palestinian State. But among the wide variety of strong rationales for such an agreement to be reached through bi-lateral negotiation, stopping Hamas from bombing Israeli civilians is not one of them. As vividly outlined in its charter, Hamas is only interested in a one-state solution, with no Jewish State.

Indeed, the recent Hamas military campaigns have made many Israelis recalibrate the value of turning the West Bank over to a people that democratically elected Hamas in the Gaza Strip. And certainly, it has made many rethink the decision of Israel's Sharon Administration to unilaterally withdraw from Gaza in 2004-2005.

But most significantly, such calls ignore the most important factor for the failure of peace in the region -- Israel's inability to identify a willing partner for peace on the other side. Whether it was Yasir Arafat's 2000 rejection of the Bill Clinton negotiated peace settlement in 2000 that would have turned over 97% of the West Bank and control of East Jerusalem to Palestinian hands, or current Palestinian President Mohammad Abbas' 2008 refusal of then-Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Ohlmert's even more generous peace offer, Palestinian leaders have proven time and again that they are the remaining obstacle to peace. And remember: Arafat and Abbas represent the "moderate" wing of the Palestinian movement; Hamas fundamentally rejects Israel's very existence.

Israel Shares Our Liberal Values; Hamas Does Not

I have outlined in this space, and in my recently published book, The Liberal Case for Israel, that Israel models liberal values as well as -- or even better -- than any other nation today. Whether it is its remarkable progressive LGBT culture and legal regime, its feminist approach to the empowerment of women, its warm embrace of immigrant populations, its generous single-payer health care system, or its compassionate form of capitalism, Israel promotes the kind of liberal policies that folks like me that live in red states have been advocating unsuccessfully for years. Moreover, Israel's extraordinary protection of civil rights and civil liberties ensures that its Arab citizens not only have signficantly greater freedoms of speech, assembly and religion than in most Arab nations, but that they have the complete equal rights of their Jewish neighbors.

By contrast, the Hamas government is a brutal, repressive and regressive theocracy. The Hamas regime demeans, oppresses, jails, harasses, assaults, and tortures gays and lesbians. Women are second class citizens; there are no free speech protections, and government corruption runs rampant. American liberals -- particularly those of us from religious, ethnic or sexual orientation minorities -- would not simply vigorously object to Hamas policies being brought to our nation; we'd be wise never to step foot in Gaza territory.

====

The current Hamas campaign is ultimately a cynical, patronizing attempt to win the hearts and minds of American liberals: If they can provoke Israel to unintentionally kill enough innocent Palestinian civilians -- and effectively use the media to paint themselves as the heroic blood-stained victim -- then perhaps enough liberals will join in their efforts to wipe the Jewish State off the map.

My fellow liberals, I urge you not to fall for this. Israel is not perfect. Like in the U.S., these kinds terrorist attacks on the homeland sometimes will provoke official overreaction or create unintentional casualties. (Of course, every day is 9/11 in Israel.)

But in the end, the Zionist experiment has emerged -- quietly and vibrantly -- as a clear demonstration of the power of progressive values. Let's stand with those who continue to uphold our deepest principles, even in the face of the most belligerent anti-liberal provocations.

Jonathan_Miller: Why My Fellow Liberals Should Support Israel in Her Conflict with Hamas

And to show what a joke the Palestinian Peace initiatives are look at the text of this article.

It refers NOT to the CURRENT violence but the most PREVIOUS Hamas propagated violence from the LAST time!

Last edited:
There was a time in the not too distant past when it was this cut and dry for me as well.

I would never support Israel. Never. The Zionist used the holocaust to make money for their state of Israel, Ben Gurion said if he had a choice to save all European Jews and not have Israel , or only save half and have Israel he would save half. He made a deal with Hitler in 1933, The Transfer Agreement. The Zionist did whatever it took to start WWII and get Israel.

Then Jews didn't even want to leave Germany. They had to be coaxed and dragged.

Last edited:
I would never support Israel. Never. The Zionist used the holocaust to make money for their state of Israel, Ben Gurion said if he had a choice to save all European Jews and not have Israel , or only save half and have Israel he would save half. He made a deal with Hitler in 1933, The Transfer Agreement. The Zionist did whatever it took to start WWII and get Israel.

You should be caged or save the guards - on a deserted island somewhere far as possible from any human beings.

You should be caged or save the guards - on a deserted island somewhere far as possible from any human beings.

Truth hurts hey. That's ok let it out. How long are they going to drag on taking and requesting money from Germany, now the survivors kids and soon it will be the grandchildren, if I was Germany I say enough, I think she just did.

Truth hurts hey. That's ok let it out. How long are they going to drag on taking and requesting money from Germany, now the survivors kids and soon it will be the grandchildren, if I was Germany I say enough, I think she just did.
Then you should hand over the money you bitch.

If you are a Liberal all I can say is that condition would explain why you would turn down, in 1933, a chance to do, in effect, th same kind of thing that you go to the movies to watch and then rave about the courage of their act.

The Transfer Agreement saved some Jews from certain death.

Controversial as it may be seen in hindsight, (The Transfer Agreement) marked one of the few rescue of Jews and their assets during the Holocaust

Main Thesis[edit]

This book documents the agreement between Nazi Germany and an organization of German Zionists in 1933 to salvage the smallest amounts of German Jewish assets and the voluntary emigration of German Jews to Palestine before the Third Reich implemented confiscation, expulsion and then extermination. The Transfer Agreement rescued some 60,000 German Jews. A sweeping, worldwide economic boycott of Germany by Jews helped spur a deal between the Nazis and Zionists.[3] At that time, there were few Jews in Palestine, but from 1933 through 1936, 60,000 German Jews immigrated into the region,[4] bringing with them a portion of the assets they once held in Germany.[5]

The Transfer Agreement
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Transfer Agreement
Transfer-agreement.jpg
Author Edwin Black
Country United States
Language English
Subject History, Politics
Publisher Dialog Press
Publication date
Pages 194
ISBN 0-914153-13-7​

The Transfer Agreement: The Dramatic Story of the Pact Between the Third Reich and Jewish Palestine is a historic book written by author Edwin Black, documenting the transfer agreement ("Haavara Agreement" in Hebrew) between Zionist organizations and Nazi Germany to transfer a number of Jews and their assets to Palestine. This agreement was partly inspired by a global boycott of Germany that had appeared to threaten the Reich.[1] Controversial as it may be seen in hindsight, it marked one of the few rescue of Jews and their assets during the Holocaust.[2]

The Transfer Agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you are a Liberal all I can say is that condition would explain why you would turn down, in 1933, a chance to do, in effect, th same kind of thing that you go to the movies to watch and then rave about the courage of their act.

The Transfer Agreement saved some Jews from certain death.

Controversial as it may be seen in hindsight, (The Transfer Agreement) marked one of the few rescue of Jews and their assets during the Holocaust

Main Thesis[edit]

This book documents the agreement between Nazi Germany and an organization of German Zionists in 1933 to salvage the smallest amounts of German Jewish assets and the voluntary emigration of German Jews to Palestine before the Third Reich implemented confiscation, expulsion and then extermination. The Transfer Agreement rescued some 60,000 German Jews. A sweeping, worldwide economic boycott of Germany by Jews helped spur a deal between the Nazis and Zionists.[3] At that time, there were few Jews in Palestine, but from 1933 through 1936, 60,000 German Jews immigrated into the region,[4] bringing with them a portion of the assets they once held in Germany.[5]

The Transfer Agreement
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Transfer Agreement
Transfer-agreement.jpg
Author Edwin Black
Country United States
Language English
Subject History, Politics
Publisher Dialog Press
Publication date
Pages 194
ISBN 0-914153-13-7​

The Transfer Agreement: The Dramatic Story of the Pact Between the Third Reich and Jewish Palestine is a historic book written by author Edwin Black, documenting the transfer agreement ("Haavara Agreement" in Hebrew) between Zionist organizations and Nazi Germany to transfer a number of Jews and their assets to Palestine. This agreement was partly inspired by a global boycott of Germany that had appeared to threaten the Reich.[1] Controversial as it may be seen in hindsight, it marked one of the few rescue of Jews and their assets during the Holocaust.[2]

The Transfer Agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As far as Hitler was concerned he could of taken them all, but most didn't want to go did they? NO. why , the same reason only 45000 went back after King Cyrus freed them, they didn't want to live in an undeveloped area, and it would of been like starting over.

The Final Solution is Zionist wording which is the Final Solution to our problem is our own country, you and I both know it.

Thanks for proving again what a clueless Nazi-suckin' wannabe you are.

Reparations Agreement between Israel and West Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're not a German citizen, are you? So why should you care? The German government and people have taken it upon themselves to do whatever they can to repair the enormous damage to the world as a result of Nazi actions. They have been vigilant in seeking to prevent any resurgence of the horrors of those days.

Your lie that 'the Zionists started WW 2' is absolutely insane: it's an atrocity in itself, l'il pissellope.

As an American liberal who loves Israel because I'm a liberal, I've been disturbed by the recent diminishing trend of American progressive support for the Jewish state in its decades-long conflict with its increasingly hostile neighbors.

A recent CNN/ORC poll concerning the Gaza conflict intensified my anxiety: While a plurality of self-identified liberals and Democrats support Israel's right of self-defense in taking military action against Hamas, Democrats were three times more likely than Republicans to believe that the Jewish State is "not justified" in its targeted bombing campaign.

The roots of liberal sympathy for the radical, fundamentalist, brutal Hamas regime are as complex as they are troubling. We liberals love the underdog, and a media that rewards conflict over context has helped promote the perverse notion that the tiny nation with the Star of David on its flag is really the Goliath in the popular Biblical metaphor. This problem was exacerbated in Campaign 2012 when my fellow progressives watched a coterie of unlikeable, right-wing GOP presidential hopefuls proclaim their uber-passionate support for the Jewish State and try to use it as a political wedge against our beloved progressive President.

But amidst the shouting and finger-pointing, the fundamental reason behind the decline of American progressive support for Israel relates to a profound misunderstanding of the facts on the ground. When confronted with an accurate accounting of the differences between the two sides in the conflict, a true liberal must be compelled to embrace the Zionist cause.

There's no moral value more important to American liberals than the preciousness of human life, particularly the lives of those in our society who are most vulnerable: As Hubert Humphrey elegantly framed the liberal credo, "The moral test of government is how it treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the aged; and those who are in the shadows of life -- the sick, the needy and the handicapped."

Israel's current intervention in Gaza is a living example of this principle. Understanding that any military action would provoke its international enemies, Israel simply could no longer tolerate the danger posed to its citizens -- Jews and Arabs -- by the many months of unprovoked bombing of civilian targets in Southern Israel by Hamas militants. Accordingly, Israel has engaged in a painstakingly-measured, precisely-targeted bombing campaign, using the most modern technology to carefully dismantle military targets and avoid civilian casualties. On Monday, for example, the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) used pinpoint accuracy to destroy the second floor of a Gaza City office building, killing only the Islamic Jihad military leaders who had been responsible for training terrorists, planning attacks on Israeli civilians and manufacturing weapons.

Of course, there has been -- and will continue to be -- significant collateral damage; innocent Palestinians -- very, very regretfully -- have been killed in the bombing campaign. But their blood lies entirely in the hands of their Hamas leaders. As the picture above taken by CNN's Anderson Cooper dramatically illustrates, Hamas has embedded its offensive military weaponry within highly populated civilian areas, with the complete knowledge -- and indeed, desired intent -- of provoking the IDF to unintentionally kill innocent Palestinians. Hamas' use of human shields -- its deliberate placement of innocent civilians near combat targets to either deter Israel from attacking those targets or to provoke international sympathy for mounting civilian death tolls -- is an indisputable war crime, a clear violation of the Geneva Convention.

Furthermore, Hamas leaders have actually been daring Israel to launch a ground campaign that would necessarily lead to a significant increase in loss of life on both sides, especially among Palestinian civilians. Hamas' leader, Khaled Meshal, suggested Monday that the Israeli mobilization on the Gaza border was a bluff, and insisted that Hamas would not cease its bombing campaign unless Israel ended its military blockade -- a condition it knows the Israeli government will never accept because that would mean more offensive weapons could be brought into Gaza, dramatically exacerbating the military threat against Israeli civilians.

When it comes to American foreign policy, or relations among world nations, there's no liberal value more important than the search for peace.

Since declaring its independence more than six decades ago, Israel has desperately sought peace with its neighbors. Time after time, Israel has reached its hand out to peace, only to be met with shaken fists: From Arab declaration of war in 1948 upon their refusal to accept the United Nations' partition; to the Egyptian military provocations in 1967 that led to the Six Day War; to the Arab League's refusal after that war to accept the U.N.'s resolution of land for peace; to the 1973 three-front invasion of the Jewish State on its holiest day of Yom Kippur, to the present hostilities. Indeed, Israel has no incentive whatsoever to provoke war with its neighbors -- its citizens would like nothing better to live peacefully.

Some have argued this week -- including some well-meaning supporters of the Jewish State -- that if only Israel would sign a peace agreement to establish a Palestinian state in the West Bank, such bombing campaigns would no longer be necessary. Like most American liberals -- indeed like a majority of Israeli citizens -- I too support a two-state solution that transform most of the West Bank into a Palestinian State. But among the wide variety of strong rationales for such an agreement to be reached through bi-lateral negotiation, stopping Hamas from bombing Israeli civilians is not one of them. As vividly outlined in its charter, Hamas is only interested in a one-state solution, with no Jewish State.

Indeed, the recent Hamas military campaigns have made many Israelis recalibrate the value of turning the West Bank over to a people that democratically elected Hamas in the Gaza Strip. And certainly, it has made many rethink the decision of Israel's Sharon Administration to unilaterally withdraw from Gaza in 2004-2005.

But most significantly, such calls ignore the most important factor for the failure of peace in the region -- Israel's inability to identify a willing partner for peace on the other side. Whether it was Yasir Arafat's 2000 rejection of the Bill Clinton negotiated peace settlement in 2000 that would have turned over 97% of the West Bank and control of East Jerusalem to Palestinian hands, or current Palestinian President Mohammad Abbas' 2008 refusal of then-Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Ohlmert's even more generous peace offer, Palestinian leaders have proven time and again that they are the remaining obstacle to peace. And remember: Arafat and Abbas represent the "moderate" wing of the Palestinian movement; Hamas fundamentally rejects Israel's very existence.

I have outlined in this space, and in my recently published book, The Liberal Case for Israel, that Israel models liberal values as well as -- or even better -- than any other nation today. Whether it is its remarkable progressive LGBT culture and legal regime, its feminist approach to the empowerment of women, its warm embrace of immigrant populations, its generous single-payer health care system, or its compassionate form of capitalism, Israel promotes the kind of liberal policies that folks like me that live in red states have been advocating unsuccessfully for years. Moreover, Israel's extraordinary protection of civil rights and civil liberties ensures that its Arab citizens not only have signficantly greater freedoms of speech, assembly and religion than in most Arab nations, but that they have the complete equal rights of their Jewish neighbors.

By contrast, the Hamas government is a brutal, repressive and regressive theocracy. The Hamas regime demeans, oppresses, jails, harasses, assaults, and tortures gays and lesbians. Women are second class citizens; there are no free speech protections, and government corruption runs rampant. American liberals -- particularly those of us from religious, ethnic or sexual orientation minorities -- would not simply vigorously object to Hamas policies being brought to our nation; we'd be wise never to step foot in Gaza territory.

====

The current Hamas campaign is ultimately a cynical, patronizing attempt to win the hearts and minds of American liberals: If they can provoke Israel to unintentionally kill enough innocent Palestinian civilians -- and effectively use the media to paint themselves as the heroic blood-stained victim -- then perhaps enough liberals will join in their efforts to wipe the Jewish State off the map.

My fellow liberals, I urge you not to fall for this. Israel is not perfect. Like in the U.S., these kinds terrorist attacks on the homeland sometimes will provoke official overreaction or create unintentional casualties. (Of course, every day is 9/11 in Israel.)

But in the end, the Zionist experiment has emerged -- quietly and vibrantly -- as a clear demonstration of the power of progressive values. Let's stand with those who continue to uphold our deepest principles, even in the face of the most belligerent anti-liberal provocations.

Jonathan_Miller: Why My Fellow Liberals Should Support Israel in Her Conflict with Hamas

And to show what a joke the Palestinian Peace initiatives are look at the text of this article.

It refers NOT to the CURRENT violence but the most PREVIOUS Hamas propagated violence from the LAST time!
This is total garbage! It is a complete load of crap.

Israel is one of the biggest human rights abusers on the planet.

This entire operation is based on a lie. Israel claims Hamas had something to do with the kidnapping of the 3 teens, yet they've presented no evidence proving as such.

Israel constantly lies about what they're doing. Like the following from your link...
Israel simply could no longer tolerate the danger posed to its citizens -- Jews and Arabs -- by the many months of unprovoked bombing of civilian targets in Southern Israel by Hamas militants.
"...tolerate the danger..."? The rocket attacks have only killed 17 people in 11 years. That's not a danger, that's a nuisance. Most of them fall harmlessly in the desert.

And they are not "un-provoked". All the rockets are fired in response to an Israeli missile strike, extra-judicial killing or simply the ongoing 47 year occupation itself.

====

This entire operation is based on a lie. Israel claims Hamas had something to do with the kidnapping of the 3 teens, yet they've presented no evidence proving as such.

Israel constantly lies about what they're doing. Like the following from your link...
Israel simply could no longer tolerate the danger posed to its citizens -- Jews and Arabs -- by the many months of unprovoked bombing of civilian targets in Southern Israel by Hamas militants.
"...tolerate the danger..."? The rocket attacks have only killed 17 people in 11 years. That's not a danger, that's a nuisance. Most of them fall harmlessly in the desert.

And they are not "un-provoked". All the rockets are fired in response to an Israeli missile strike, extra-judicial killing or simply the ongoing 47 year occupation itself.

Bitch all you want but Hamas attacked...The Tel Aviv Lefties who became Righties after 1 rocket.
Must deflate the crap out of you.

====

Once expanded to accommodate a new idea the brain can not return to the same shape as before.

Billo, you know the Israelis have good reasons to be doing what they are doing.

You know the Palestinians are to blame.

And as far as negotiating a peace settlement with Hamas, forget it!

Look at the Hamas Covenant:

Peaceful Solutions, Initiatives and International Conferences:

Article Thirteen:

Initiatives, and so-called peaceful solutions and international conferences, are in contradiction to the principles of the Islamic Resistance Movement. Abusing any part of Palestine is abuse directed against part of religion. Nationalism of the Islamic Resistance Movement is part of its religion. Its members have been fed on that. For the sake of hoisting the banner of Allah over their homeland they fight. "Allah will be prominent, but most people do not know."

Now and then the call goes out for the convening of an international conference to look for ways of solving the (Palestinian) question. Some accept, others reject the idea, for this or other reason, with one stipulation or more for consent to convening the conference and participating in it. Knowing the parties constituting the conference, their past and present attitudes towards Moslem problems, the Islamic Resistance Movement does not consider these conferences capable of realising the demands, restoring the rights or doing justice to the oppressed. These conferences are only ways of setting the infidels in the land of the Moslems as arbitraters. When did the infidels do justice to the believers?

"But the Jews will not be pleased with thee, neither the Christians, until thou follow their religion; say, The direction of Allah is the true direction. And verily if thou follow their desires, after the knowledge which hath been given thee, thou shalt find no patron or protector against Allah." (The Cow - verse 120).

There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are all a waste of time and vain endeavors. The Palestinian people know better than to consent to having their future, rights and fate toyed with. As in said in the honourable Hadith:

The Three Circles:

Article Fourteen:

The question of the liberation of Palestine is bound to three circles: the Palestinian circle, the Arab circle and the Islamic circle. Each of these circles has its role in the struggle against Zionism. Each has its duties, and it is a horrible mistake and a sign of deep ignorance to overlook any of these circles. Palestine is an Islamic land which has the first of the two kiblahs (direction to which Moslems turn in praying), the third of the holy (Islamic) sanctuaries, and the point of departure for Mohamed's midnight journey to the seven heavens (i.e. Jerusalem).

"Praise be unto him who transported his servant by night, from the sacred temple of Mecca to the farther temple of Jerusalem, the circuit of which we have blessed, that we might show him some of our signs; for Allah is he who heareth, and seeth." (The Night-Journey - verse 1).

Since this is the case, liberation of Palestine is then an individual duty for very Moslem wherever he may be. On this basis, the problem should be viewed. This should be realised by every Moslem.

The day the problem is dealt with on this basis, when the three circles mobilize their capabilities, the present state of affairs will change and the day of liberation will come nearer.

"Verily ye are stronger than they, by reason of the terror cast into their breasts from Allah. This, because they are not people of prudence." (The Emigration - verse 13).
The Jihad for the Liberation of Palestine is an Individual Duty:

Article Fifteen:0000

The day that enemies usurp part of Moslem land, Jihad becomes the individual duty of every Moslem. In face of the Jews' usurpation of Palestine, it is compulsory that the banner of Jihad be raised. To do this requires the diffusion of Islamic consciousness among the masses, both on the regional, Arab and Islamic levels. It is necessary to instill the spirit of Jihad in the heart of the nation so that they would confront the enemies and join the ranks of the fighters.

The Avalon Project : Hamas Covenant 1988

Billo posted: "This is total garbage! It is a complete load of crap. Israel is one of the biggest human rights abusers on the planet.

Quote:

And they are not "un-provoked". All the rockets are fired in response to an Israeli missile strike, extra-judicial killing or simply the ongoing 47 year occupation itself. "

You seem confused, Billo. First of all, the rocket attacks from Gaza are indiscriminate, so HAMAS (or whoever: it really doesn't matter since HAMAS is the Gaza 'government' and assumed to be in charge *inside* Gaza) has committed over a thousand war crimes and crimes against humanity recently.

Second, "Israel is one of the biggest human rights abusers on the planet" is NOT true in comparison to ANY other state within the ME region -certainly not as compared to HAMAS. (I'm not saying they're perfect or even 'average' - just significantly better-behaved than the rest of the neighborhood)

Regardless of any HAMAS involvement in the kidnappings and murders of the three boys (one of whom was your and my fellow American citizen) - the rocket attacks alone were 'causus belli', very clearly so. You err in claiming they were "resistance" - because no "resistance" is legit when INDISCRIMINATELY TARGETING CIVILIANS as those rockets do.

It doesn't matter if no Israeli person nor property were harmed in the slightest: HAMAS is in the wrong for allowing those rockets to be fired across the border. The danger those rockets pose is real. The POTENTIAL for damage, injury and loss of life is enough to justify a response.

Israel has not 'lied' as you claim: instead, it is you who are still telling lies about Israel. Please stop: there's nothing to talk about until you do.

What truth would that be then, as the Jews were clamouring to leave Germany as soon as Hitler got into power and started the pogroms against the Jews. That is when the Transfer Agreement was made and the Germans placed a high price on the Jews wanting to leave. So high in fact that many could not afford it, and they ended up in death camps. How long are you going to be a HATEFULL NAZI RACIST ANTI SENITIC JEW HATER and have you passed it on to your children yet.

Germany cant say enough is enough until the treaty runs out that has then paying reparations to the Jews for the way they were treated

i would never support israel. Never. The zionist used the holocaust to make money for their state of israel, ben gurion said if he had a choice to save all european jews and not have israel , or only save half and have israel he would save half. He made a deal with hitler in 1933, the transfer agreement. The zionist did whatever it took to start wwii and get israel.

Then jews didn't even want to leave germany. They had to be coaxed and dragged.

if you are a liberal all i can say is that condition would explain why you would turn down, in 1933, a chance to do, in effect, th same kind of thing that you go to the movies to watch and then rave about the courage of their act.

The transfer agreement saved some jews from certain death.

main thesis[edit]

this book documents the agreement between nazi germany and an organization of german zionists in 1933 to salvage the smallest amounts of german jewish assets and the voluntary emigration of german jews to palestine before the third reich implemented confiscation, expulsion and then extermination. The transfer agreement rescued some 60,000 german jews. A sweeping, worldwide economic boycott of germany by jews helped spur a deal between the nazis and zionists.[3] at that time, there were few jews in palestine, but from 1933 through 1936, 60,000 german jews immigrated into the region,[4] bringing with them a portion of the assets they once held in germany.[5]

the transfer agreement
from wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the transfer agreement
transfer-agreement.jpg
author edwin black
country united states
language english
subject history, politics
publisher dialog press
publication date
pages 194
isbn 0-914153-13-7​

the transfer agreement: The dramatic story of the pact between the third reich and jewish palestine is a historic book written by author edwin black, documenting the transfer agreement ("haavara agreement" in hebrew) between zionist organizations and nazi germany to transfer a number of jews and their assets to palestine. This agreement was partly inspired by a global boycott of germany that had appeared to threaten the reich.[1] controversial as it may be seen in hindsight, it marked one of the few rescue of jews and their assets during the holocaust.[2]

the transfer agreement - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

as far as hitler was concerned he could of taken them all, but most didn't want to go did they? No. Why , the same reason only 45000 went back after king cyrus freed them, they didn't want to live in an undeveloped area, and it would of been like starting over.

The final solution is zionist wording which is the final solution to our problem is our own country, you and i both know it.

bullshit

[MENTION=50023]Penelope[/MENTION]
Wait you mean Kahana Transfer agreement?

Oh I hate this board , way too many adds to hard to get around.

this: there are better art. on it, but I'm short on time.

Haavara Agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kahane was an infant back then when a few jews were desperately trying to ransom
the lives of their family members from the filth of your fellow islamo Nazis. Jews have
been bribing and paying ransoms and making "deals" with your fellow islamo Nazis
dating all the way back to the times of the ROMAN islamo Nazis The roots of islamo Nazism
is actually in the ROMAN EMPIRE-------those deals saved lives but were never a
"bargain"

[MENTION=50023]Penelope[/MENTION]
Wait you mean Kahana Transfer agreement?

Oh I hate this board , way too many adds to hard to get around.

this: there are better art. on it, but I'm short on time.

Haavara Agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kahane was an infant back then when a few jews were desperately trying to ransom
the lives of their family members from the filth of your fellow islamo Nazis. Jews have
been bribing and paying ransoms and making "deals" with your fellow islamo Nazis
dating all the way back to the times of the ROMAN islamo Nazis The roots of islamo Nazism
is actually in the ROMAN EMPIRE-------those deals saved lives but were never a
"bargain"

Irosie I am or I wasn't talking the Kahane agreement I was talking the Zionist Hitler Haavara Transfer Agreement. Read the article. Hitler tired to get the Jews out of Germany, Many didn't want to go. Hitler wanted rid of the Jews, point blank, he didn't want the Communist Jews like were in Ukraine and the Soviet to take over Germany, much like Jews have taken over the US today. Gee I think Ukraine had their celebration not long ago. The Holodomor: Painful Memories of Ukraine's Silent Massacre | The New Order

Truth hurts.

Forum List

Back