Why labor unions can't win

Is it just a coincidence that those graphs in the OP are eerily similar to wage stagnation and income mobility graphs for the same period. The Oligarchs are the only ones winning. Pitting the middle class against each other while they enjoy massive proffits.

Yeah! Look at all the good the Unions have done for the US Educational system!! For Detroit!! For the Hostess Drivers!!

Oh Goodie! :happy-1: You going to let me know what it is?

Yeah, you don't know what economics is, much less anything about it.

Economics where some asshole takes credit for someone else's hard work and gets promoted, right?

Promotion through incompetence? Hmmm

Joe_Biden_4_.jpg

Is it just a coincidence that those graphs in the OP are eerily similar to wage stagnation and income mobility graphs for the same period. The Oligarchs are the only ones winning. Pitting the middle class against each other while they enjoy massive proffits.

There is no wage stagnation. It is a canard invented by the left to feed class warfare.

Oh how you lie constantly for your side

Translation: I must deflect. I must deflect. I can't handle the truth.

Cue "Right wing talking points" in 3..2...1...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ame®icano;8644501 said:

And that's proof that one is caused by the other?

You know, back in 40's, scientist noticed higher number of polio cases in summer and since consumption of ice cream was also higher in summer, guess what was the verdict? That polio is caused by ice cream...

Let's add another line to your chart and it will be easy to prove that lower union membership causes global warming. Oops sorry, climate change. Good enough reason for lefties to fight it.

Quoting myself, LOL.

Statistics can be manipulated to show you whatever you want.

Check this out, article from LA Times claims that Climate change brings more crime.

I'm wondering what's next. Maybe they'll claim that higher taxes prevent drought. Who knows?

There is no wage stagnation. It is a canard invented by the left to feed class warfare.

Oh how you lie constantly for your side

Translation: I must deflect. I must deflect. I can't handle the truth.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6FmhXQ32Wo]The Real "Truth About the Economy:" Have Wages Stagnated? - YouTube[/ame]

Cue "Right wing talking points" in 3..2...1...

The only thing that video really does is claim that the wage stagnation isn't as bad as everyone thinks and hey who cares because we have way better TVs these days.

I generally agree that stagnation is too strong of a word. Growing income inequality is a better way to describe what is happening. You can also include a growing dependence on the government to supplement income and a large increase in education levels and the number of women/mothers that work.

Very well stated. Also one of the problems for Unions was relying to heavily on International agenda. However, when industry was incorporated that changed the playing field greatly.

It would be a delicate balancing act to keep power in numbers. But when dealing with local industry on a local level, union and the company could come to a more viable agreement for both parties involved.

Labor unions can work great. But the labor movement lost ground when it fell for the idea that state policy would help their cause. Labor law has never been anything other than a scheme to co-opt unions into 'labor management' devices, herding workers into their corporate pens.

Ame®icano;8795010 said:
Is your Google broken?

I know exactly whats going on there. My question is directed to those who are not trying to avoid the conversation about the topic. Which one are you?

Ah - so you're trolling.

No darlin', thats what you're doing. I was right on the topic and still am.

Now, if tables were turned and Union won and opposition to Union asked for a new vote, what we would be hearing from left? Probably something like: people have spoken, deal with it.

Forum List

Back