Zone1 Why Jews shall either convert to Christianity or reject Talmud?

Just one question:

Can you find a whiff of violence here?
Many Jews convert to Christianity now and True Christians support this process

Very few Jews, relatively, covert to Christianity. Even that fake “Jews for Jewish” group failed miserably in trying to get Jews to abandon their religion.

Both met Jesus after he was dead? Nothing more than Christian belief.

And it is this and many other beliefs which keep fueling hatred for Jews and the attacks on them.

Be a Christian. Let Jews be.
I’m agreeing with you on this thread. it must be freezing in you-know-where this morning! ;)

Christianity is Paganism dressed in Judaism. Nothing more, nothing less.
First, we are poles apart on known facts. Second, no specific complaints are being offered. Third, Christianity's roots are clearly in Judaism, not paganism. Remember, paganism is a general term for religions that do not fall into a major religion category.

First, we are poles apart on known facts. Second, no specific complaints are being offered. Third, Christianity's roots are clearly in Judaism, not paganism. Remember, paganism is a general term for religions that do not fall into a major religion category.
Christianity follows the idea that a baby was born from a god and a human female. That is 100% Paganism. Hercules was one. A Demi god. This was never Judaism and never will be.

Paul used the idea to attract non Jews to his idea. And it worked. Roman violence creates the need for a savior, for anyone who will put an end to the pain, the misery, the invasion by one people on other people.

And the Christian Messiah is someone who comes back to life to save humanity. A far cry from the original Jewish Messiah, who is simply a person, Jew or non Jew, who is born at a certain time and frees the Jewish people from their invaders and frees their land.

You do not know facts. You do know 2000 years of repeated Christian teachings which were meant to get rid of Judaism and therefore, of Jews.

Which is exactly why Baron seems to insist that all Jews should convert to Christianity. According to extreme Christians, Jews do not have a right to exist. They are wrong, always have been wrong, and at some time they "Will Find Jesus".

2000 years of persecution, torture, rape, forced conversions, expulsions and murder.

No, Christianity is not a Peace religion. It is an idea of superiority over Judaism, an idea of disgust over Judaism , and Judaism has to at some point go away for good.

Christianity follows the idea that a baby was born from a god and a human female. That is 100% Paganism. Hercules was one. A Demi god. This was never Judaism and never will be.
Christianity teaches Jesus was born of a Jewish mother, and by definition this makes him a Jew. He was raised in a Jewish family, followed Judaism's culture, history, scriptures, and traditions.

Next, Greek and Roman gods were considered immortal, corporeal beings residing on Mount Olympus who conceived children with mortal women.

Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit. The second verse in Hebrew scriptures (Genesis) notes the Spirit of God hovering over the waters.

As we see, the charge of paganism fails, while the assertion of Christian roots in Judaism holds strong.

Paul used the idea to attract non Jews to his idea. And it worked. Roman violence creates the need for a savior, for anyone who will put an end to the pain, the misery, the invasion by one people on other people.
Not what Paul did.

And the Christian Messiah is someone who comes back to life to save humanity. A far cry from the original Jewish Messiah, who is simply a person, Jew or non Jew, who is born at a certain time and frees the Jewish people from their invaders and frees their land.
'Messiah' means 'anointed one'. Jesus said he was not the Messiah Jews were expecting to be a national leader. He was anointed for another purpose. Most of the Christians I know are aware of this distinction. All 'Messiahs' or 'Anointed Ones' are not called to the same purpose. Jesus noted this time and again saying he was not the Messiah people were looking for to upset Roman rule and take over the government. He insisted his kingdom was not of this world.

He also noted that God did anoint and dispatch him to serve another purpose, and that purpose was the forgiveness of sins and to assure everyone (especially the lost) that the Kingdom of God is within the reach of everyone. His mission in all of this was to the Lost Sheep of Israel.

You do not know facts. You do know 2000 years of repeated Christian teachings which were meant to get rid of Judaism and therefore, of Jews.
And throughout all this time when some may have been trying to get rid of Judaism/Jews you had the aid of many Christians who supported Jews.

Christianity teaches Jesus was born of a Jewish mother, and by definition this makes him a Jew. He was raised in a Jewish family, followed Judaism's culture, history, scriptures, and traditions.

Next, Greek and Roman gods were considered immortal, corporeal beings residing on Mount Olympus who conceived children with mortal women.

Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit. The second verse in Hebrew scriptures (Genesis) notes the Spirit of God hovering over the waters.

As we see, the charge of paganism fails, while the assertion of Christian roots in Judaism holds strong.
No need to teach me Christianity. I know it very well.

There is no "Holy Spirit" in Judaism. That is total Paganism. It would have to be the Jewish G-D, and that G-D, does not go around begetting anyone with a human female.

That always has been a Pagan concept and continues to be one to this day.

Which is exactly why Baron seems to insist that all Jews should convert to Christianity. According to extreme Christians, Jews do not have a right to exist. They are wrong, always have been wrong, and at some time they "Will Find Jesus".
Jews do not need to convert to Christianity. Jesus flat out said that he did not come for the spiritually healthy; a physician is not needed to care for the healthy. He came for the sinners and the lost. In Jesus' day the high priest and his family was more concerned about his own position among the Romans than he was about the poor. Jesus reached out to these poor.

'Messiah' means 'anointed one'. Jesus said he was not the Messiah Jews were expecting to be a national leader. He was anointed for another purpose. Most of the Christians I know are aware of this distinction. All 'Messiahs' or 'Anointed Ones' are not called to the same purpose. Jesus noted this time and again saying he was not the Messiah people were looking for to upset Roman rule and take over the government. He insisted his kingdom was not of this world.

He also noted that God did anoint and dispatch him to serve another purpose, and that purpose was the forgiveness of sins and to assure everyone (especially the lost) that the Kingdom of God is within the reach of everyone. His mission in all of this was to the Lost Sheep of Israel.
You really do not know and do not care about the concept of Messiah in Judaism, from the time the Jews were taken to Babylon to present day.

Nice Christian fairytale where Christians can commit sins and crimes and consider themselves "forgiven" because Jesus died for them.

NOT, a Jewish concept, therefore Jesus could never haver believed in that.

Jews do not need to convert to Christianity. Jesus flat out said that he did not come for the spiritually healthy; a physician is not needed to care for the healthy. He came for the sinners and the lost. In Jesus' day the high priest and his family was more concerned about his own position among the Romans than he was about the poor. Jesus reached out to these poor.
You only know what Paul and other Christians have written. You really know nothing of what life and thinking was like in the 1st Century.

You are repeating ALL of Paul's words to his followers.

When you say ”Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit,” please be aware that this is the Christian belief and not a proven fact.

No need to teach me Christianity. I know it very well.

There is no "Holy Spirit" in Judaism. That is total Paganism. It would have to be the Jewish G-D, and that G-D, does not go around begetting anyone with a human female.
According to Judaism, the Spirit of God is not holy? I beg to differ. God is spirit, God is holy, His spirit is holy.

The Greek and Roman gods were not spiritual beings, and nor was their religion.

Judaism rejects the origins of Christ's birth. That is clear and I understand it. I also understand that if we had a follower of the Gods of Mt. Olympus here among us, s/he would also reject the origins of Christ's birth as being of Olympus and its Gods.

According to Judaism, the Spirit of God is not holy? I beg to differ. God is spirit, God is holy, His spirit is holy.

Judaism rejects the origins of Christ's birth. That is clear and I understand it. I also understand that if we had a follower of the Gods of Mt. Olympus here among us, s/he would also reject the origins of Christ's birth as being of Olympus and its Gods.
Please tell me what Jesus was doing when he was about three years old, and where in Israel he was living. Also, did he remain in that area for his entire childhood, or did the family relocate when Jesus was around 10?

That always has been a Pagan concept and continues to be one to this day.
It is not a pagan concept that a woman becomes pregnant by a spirit.

Christians say Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and both Jews and pagans disagree this is how it happened.

We are talking about the G-D of the Jews, of Abraham. Of course he is holy, BUT he does not go around begetting children the way Zeus and all other Pagan gods did.

And Jesus is also NOT a god.

You really do not know and do not care about the concept of Messiah in Judaism, from the time the Jews were taken to Babylon to present day.
I really do know and do care about the concept of Messiah in Judaism. I reiterate what Jesus said two thousand years ago: Jesus is not that Messiah. Period.

Forum List

Back