Why Isn't 20,000 Border Patrol Agents Enough

80 million illegal immigrants in the US would be about half the population of Mexico and Central America combined, the primary countries from which illegal immigrants come. I have seen it claimed that the number exceeds 100 million, making 1/3 of the country illegal. If Trump sees this, he'll claim most of nation is illegal.

Ever notice you need to 'Press #1 for English' ????

Take notes, dunce:

1. Case in point: while millions of illegal aliens filter into the country year after year, the very same figure...."11 million illegal aliens live in the country"....neither changes nor is questioned.

2. "... no number has been given greater certitude and less investigation than that. Not even the number of planets in our solar system has enjoyed such constancy and acceptance.

Imagine the reaction if the media reported daily that this 20 million cohort, supplemented by chain migration and family reunification mandates, would swell to 40 million or 50 million in a decade." How Many Illegal Immigrants Live in the US?

There are between 50 million and 80 million illegal aliens living in this country.

3. James H. Walsh, formerly an Associate General Counsel of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) in the United States Department of Justice, writes

"... the U.S. Census Bureau routinely undercounts and then adjusts upward total census numbers of Hispanics and other foreign nationals residing in the United States––counting only, of course, those willing to be counted. For the year 2000, the Census Bureau reported a total U.S. population count of “about 275 million” men, women, and children.

When the states and local governments challenged that number as an undercount, the total was corrected upward to 281.4 million, with no clear count of illegal aliens. The Hispanic 2000 census count was 32.8 million, but on re-count the Census Bureau adjusted this number upward to 35.3 million, a 13 percent increase."

How many illegal aliens reside in the United States? | CAIRCO - Colorado Alliance for Immigration Reform | issues legislation projects research

Increased the totals by 13%!!!

Now....hold on tight....this is gonna involve mathematics, so I may lose you here:

Soooo....if we apply that same 'adjustment' to the fabled 11 million....over a decade of so....we have almost 40 million.

But wait!!!

There's more!

4. Another way to arrive at the numbers of illegals in the country is to base it on the number of apprehensions and escapes.

"The average number of recorded apprehensions of illegal aliens in the United States now hovers at 1.2 million a year [in 2007]. A DHS report, Border Apprehensions: 2005, documented 1.3 million apprehensions in 2005. For the 10-year period (1996–2005), the highest number of apprehensions, 1.8 million, occurred in 2000, and the lowest, 1 million, in 2003. These DHS statistics contradict persistent statements by other government agencies that only 400,000 to 500,000 illegal aliens enter the country each year.

Journeymen Border Patrol agents (on the job five years or more) estimate that a minimum of five illegal aliens enter the United States for each apprehension, and more likely seven. That informed estimate would raise the total number of illegal aliens entering the United States in 2003 to 8 million men, women, and children.

He concludes that:

My estimate of 38 million illegal aliens residing in the United States is calculated, however, using a conservative annual rate of entry (allowing for deaths and returns to their homelands) of three illegal aliens entering the United States for each one apprehended. My estimate includes apprehensions at the Southern Border (by far, the majority), at the Northern Border, along the Pacific, Atlantic, and Gulf of Mexico coasts, and at seaports and airports.

5. Taking the DHS average of 1.2 million apprehensions per year and multiplying it by 3 comes to 3.6 million illegal entries per year; then multiplying that number by 10 for the 1996–2005 period, my calculations come to 36 million illegal entries into the United States. Add to this the approximately 2 million visa overstays during the same period, and the total is 38 million illegal aliens currently in the United States."

How many illegal aliens reside in the United States? | CAIRCO - Colorado Alliance for Immigration Reform | issues legislation projects research

....and that number is over a decade old!!!!!!

Gettin' nervous?

6. But other Border Patrol agents estimate that a minimum of five illegal aliens enter the United States for each apprehension, and more likely seven......which would give a total of nearly 80 million illegals occupying our country.

The number of illegals would be at least.....at least.....60-80 million at this time.....permanently residing right here is this country.

Hence...even a tiny fraction of them voting would be 3-6 million votes.

======================================================

Judging by the amount of time and effort that the Democrats spend advancing the aims and claims of illegal aliens....one can begin to see what a huge constituency they make up for the Democrat Party.

" Democrats had extensive get-out-the-vote campaigns in areas heavily populated by illegal aliens. As far back as 2008, Obama made sure that those who wanted to vote knew it was safe, announcing that election records would not be cross-checked with immigration databases.

... the Obama White House supported a court injunction that kept Kansas, Alabama and Georgia from requiring proof of citizenship to register to vote. The message was sent, loud and clear: If you're a noncitizen or here illegally, don't be afraid. You're free to vote. No one will stop you."

Did Votes By Noncitizens Cost Trump The 2016 Popular Vote? Sure Looks That Way | Investor's Business Daily
I chased down the estimate you quoted of 80 million illegal immigrants. Actually the number jumps around, 37 million, 60 million, or 80 million. Apparently these figures come from the Colorado Alliance for Immigration Reform, an activist group that opposes all immigration. They have been listed as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. What's interesting is their methodology for calculating undocumented immigrants. It might be more appropriate to call it a scientific wild ass guess, eliminating the scientific part.
  1. Select a realistic number of illegal aliens present in 2007 based on a previous study or equivalent analysis. Apparently they asked some people in the Border patrol, and some other law enforcement people how many undocumented immigrants that cross our border did not get caught.
  2. Extrapolate the number to the current year. No details given as to how this was done.
  3. Subtract 5 million illegal aliens who were amnestied by the Obama royal decree.????
  4. Factor in increased inflow of illegal aliens based upon the incentive of future amnesty coupled with Obama's blatant non-enforcement of existing immigration laws and de-emphasized border security. There was no explanation of how they estimated the impact of the incentive of possible future amnesty.
I never said there weren't Million of illegals in the country. In fact, I have always used the Pew Research estimates that have run 10 to 12 million, the actual figures are 10.7 million in 2016, down from a peak of 12.2 million in 2007. I use Pew Research figures because to my knowledge they are the only research group that publishes their complete methodology.

The Dept of Homeland Security also publishes and estimate the size of the undocumented immigrant population. It appears that their mythology is similar to Pew Research as is their results. DHS estimates that 12.0 million illegal aliens were living in the United States in January 2015, compared to 11.5 million in January 2014 and 11.6 million in January 2010.

Studies at the University of Texas and University of New Hampshire of Mexican immigrants confirm Pew estimates. The Center for Migration Studies says there were 10.8 million people in 2016 living in the U.S. illegally. However, I can't find their methodology on the Net.

A Yale MIT study concludes that the numbers from DHS and Pew are incorrect due to errors in the census. They estimate the number of undocumented immigrants for 2016 at 16 to 22 million. They use US census data for each year between 1990 and 2016 to adjust the census figures for changes in method.
https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/18_1214_PLCY_pops-est-report.pdf
The challenges of counting the nation's unauthorized immigrants
Illegal Immigration Statistics - FactCheck.org
The number of undocumented immigrants in the United States: Estimates based on demographic modeling with data from 1990 to 2016
Colorado Alliance for Immigration Reform - Wikipedia

Now.....be honest.

Would Hussein have told .....publicly told.....illegal aliens to go and vote ......if there weren't multiple millions of 'em as Democrat voters?

WTH. You’ve been blasted several times by other members with this same false accusation.
And you keep repeating it. Very funny.
You think there arent millions of illegals in the US, therefore youre too ignorant on this subject to be worthy of debate. Do some research, retard.

60-80 million.

Obama would not have publicly told illegals to go and vote if the potential for millions of votes wasn't there.

So let me repeat what I just said. We do NOT have millions of illegals coming in to this country at the southern border. Stupid fuck.

If there are millions coming in show me your proof. Prove it. I’ll wait.
This is exactly what im talking about. Youre knowledge on this subject is fucking terrible. You have no business posting in this thread.

"52% of unauthorized immigrants were from Mexico"

Illegal immigration to the United States - Wikipedia

Now go read more on the subject or quietly listen to the rest of us talk, but dont you dare pretend like you know a fucking thing about immigration because, you clearly dont.

And when I see these fucking thing post from ignorant like you. I know I’m winning. But I will not lower myself to your kind of animal. UNDERSTAND?

Let me make it clear for you. I’ve been involved with this immigration subject and real life since late 80s long before TAPATALK was born.
I’ve challenged at 4 or 5 members of this site. Real live tour. To give them a clear view and real life experiences how and what and where these CBP works.
With my own expense from wherever they live. I can’t remember all of them but one is Here we go again. No takers.

I also challenged members of this site real life debate. Also no takers.

You are giving me a link as your reference that existed a long time ago. What made you think I have not seen that years ago?

1. The only reason you got involved because of Trump. Suddenly you became an expert just by watching Trump lies. LMAO.

READ don’t just stare at my post. The only reason and only reason we are talking about this bullshit is Trump’s wall and illegals coming in. Remember the word WALLS and ILLEGALS COMING IN.

We are NOT talking about illegals that are already here.
Are you with me?

So I am asking you. Show me an evidence that millions of illegals are coming in.
If you made good arguments, i might be more enticed to debate you. You bore me.

I said read my post. Not just stared at it.

Let me repeat it again.
Show me your evidence that millions are coming IN illegally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So let me repeat what I just said. We do NOT have millions of illegals coming in to this country at the southern border. Stupid fuck.

If there are millions coming in show me your proof. Prove it. I’ll wait.
This is exactly what im talking about. Youre knowledge on this subject is fucking terrible. You have no business posting in this thread.

"52% of unauthorized immigrants were from Mexico"

Illegal immigration to the United States - Wikipedia

Now go read more on the subject or quietly listen to the rest of us talk, but dont you dare pretend like you know a fucking thing about immigration because, you clearly dont.

And when I see these fucking thing post from ignorant like you. I know I’m winning. But I will not lower myself to your kind of animal. UNDERSTAND?

Let me make it clear for you. I’ve been involved with this immigration subject and real life since late 80s long before TAPATALK was born.
I’ve challenged at 4 or 5 members of this site. Real live tour. To give them a clear view and real life experiences how and what and where these CBP works.
With my own expense from wherever they live. I can’t remember all of them but one is Here we go again. No takers.

I also challenged members of this site real life debate. Also no takers.

You are giving me a link as your reference that existed a long time ago. What made you think I have not seen that years ago?

1. The only reason you got involved because of Trump. Suddenly you became an expert just by watching Trump lies. LMAO.

READ don’t just stare at my post. The only reason and only reason we are talking about this bullshit is Trump’s wall and illegals coming in. Remember the word WALLS and ILLEGALS COMING IN.

We are NOT talking about illegals that are already here.
Are you with me?

So I am asking you. Show me an evidence that millions of illegals are coming in.
If you made good arguments, i might be more enticed to debate you. You bore me.

Debate me? Very funny. You are just an ignorant Trump follower suddenly you became an expert of illegal aliens. Maybe UFO?

Because it is necessary to keep some military guys busy, and cut from the military budget, so his buddy Putin can do whatever.

80 million illegal immigrants in the US would be about half the population of Mexico and Central America combined, the primary countries from which illegal immigrants come. I have seen it claimed that the number exceeds 100 million, making 1/3 of the country illegal. If Trump sees this, he'll claim most of nation is illegal.

Take notes, dunce:

1. Case in point: while millions of illegal aliens filter into the country year after year, the very same figure...."11 million illegal aliens live in the country"....neither changes nor is questioned.

2. "... no number has been given greater certitude and less investigation than that. Not even the number of planets in our solar system has enjoyed such constancy and acceptance.

Imagine the reaction if the media reported daily that this 20 million cohort, supplemented by chain migration and family reunification mandates, would swell to 40 million or 50 million in a decade." How Many Illegal Immigrants Live in the US?

There are between 50 million and 80 million illegal aliens living in this country.

3. James H. Walsh, formerly an Associate General Counsel of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) in the United States Department of Justice, writes

"... the U.S. Census Bureau routinely undercounts and then adjusts upward total census numbers of Hispanics and other foreign nationals residing in the United States––counting only, of course, those willing to be counted. For the year 2000, the Census Bureau reported a total U.S. population count of “about 275 million” men, women, and children.

When the states and local governments challenged that number as an undercount, the total was corrected upward to 281.4 million, with no clear count of illegal aliens. The Hispanic 2000 census count was 32.8 million, but on re-count the Census Bureau adjusted this number upward to 35.3 million, a 13 percent increase."

Now....hold on tight....this is gonna involve mathematics, so I may lose you here:

Soooo....if we apply that same 'adjustment' to the fabled 11 million....over a decade of so....we have almost 40 million.

But wait!!!

There's more!

4. Another way to arrive at the numbers of illegals in the country is to base it on the number of apprehensions and escapes.

"The average number of recorded apprehensions of illegal aliens in the United States now hovers at 1.2 million a year [in 2007]. A DHS report, Border Apprehensions: 2005, documented 1.3 million apprehensions in 2005. For the 10-year period (1996–2005), the highest number of apprehensions, 1.8 million, occurred in 2000, and the lowest, 1 million, in 2003. These DHS statistics contradict persistent statements by other government agencies that only 400,000 to 500,000 illegal aliens enter the country each year.

Journeymen Border Patrol agents (on the job five years or more) estimate that a minimum of five illegal aliens enter the United States for each apprehension, and more likely seven. That informed estimate would raise the total number of illegal aliens entering the United States in 2003 to 8 million men, women, and children.

He concludes that:

My estimate of 38 million illegal aliens residing in the United States is calculated, however, using a conservative annual rate of entry (allowing for deaths and returns to their homelands) of three illegal aliens entering the United States for each one apprehended. My estimate includes apprehensions at the Southern Border (by far, the majority), at the Northern Border, along the Pacific, Atlantic, and Gulf of Mexico coasts, and at seaports and airports.

5. Taking the DHS average of 1.2 million apprehensions per year and multiplying it by 3 comes to 3.6 million illegal entries per year; then multiplying that number by 10 for the 1996–2005 period, my calculations come to 36 million illegal entries into the United States. Add to this the approximately 2 million visa overstays during the same period, and the total is 38 million illegal aliens currently in the United States."

Gettin' nervous?

6. But other Border Patrol agents estimate that a minimum of five illegal aliens enter the United States for each apprehension, and more likely seven......which would give a total of nearly 80 million illegals occupying our country.

The number of illegals would be at least.....at least.....60-80 million at this time.....permanently residing right here is this country.

Judging by the amount of time and effort that the Democrats spend advancing the aims and claims of illegal aliens....one can begin to see what a huge constituency they make up for the Democrat Party.

" Democrats had extensive get-out-the-vote campaigns in areas heavily populated by illegal aliens. As far back as 2008, Obama made sure that those who wanted to vote knew it was safe, announcing that election records would not be cross-checked with immigration databases.

... the Obama White House supported a court injunction that kept Kansas, Alabama and Georgia from requiring proof of citizenship to register to vote. The message was sent, loud and clear: If you're a noncitizen or here illegally, don't be afraid. You're free to vote. No one will stop you."

Did Votes By Noncitizens Cost Trump The 2016 Popular Vote? Sure Looks That Way | Investor's Business Daily
I chased down the estimate you quoted of 80 million illegal immigrants. Actually the number jumps around, 37 million, 60 million, or 80 million. Apparently these figures come from the Colorado Alliance for Immigration Reform, an activist group that opposes all immigration. They have been listed as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. What's interesting is their methodology for calculating undocumented immigrants. It might be more appropriate to call it a scientific wild ass guess, eliminating the scientific part.
  1. Select a realistic number of illegal aliens present in 2007 based on a previous study or equivalent analysis. Apparently they asked some people in the Border patrol, and some other law enforcement people how many undocumented immigrants that cross our border did not get caught.
  2. Extrapolate the number to the current year. No details given as to how this was done.
  3. Subtract 5 million illegal aliens who were amnestied by the Obama royal decree.????
  4. Factor in increased inflow of illegal aliens based upon the incentive of future amnesty coupled with Obama's blatant non-enforcement of existing immigration laws and de-emphasized border security. There was no explanation of how they estimated the impact of the incentive of possible future amnesty.
I never said there weren't Million of illegals in the country. In fact, I have always used the Pew Research estimates that have run 10 to 12 million, the actual figures are 10.7 million in 2016, down from a peak of 12.2 million in 2007. I use Pew Research figures because to my knowledge they are the only research group that publishes their complete methodology.

The Dept of Homeland Security also publishes and estimate the size of the undocumented immigrant population. It appears that their mythology is similar to Pew Research as is their results. DHS estimates that 12.0 million illegal aliens were living in the United States in January 2015, compared to 11.5 million in January 2014 and 11.6 million in January 2010.

Studies at the University of Texas and University of New Hampshire of Mexican immigrants confirm Pew estimates. The Center for Migration Studies says there were 10.8 million people in 2016 living in the U.S. illegally. However, I can't find their methodology on the Net.

A Yale MIT study concludes that the numbers from DHS and Pew are incorrect due to errors in the census. They estimate the number of undocumented immigrants for 2016 at 16 to 22 million. They use US census data for each year between 1990 and 2016 to adjust the census figures for changes in method.
https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/18_1214_PLCY_pops-est-report.pdf
The number of undocumented immigrants in the United States: Estimates based on demographic modeling with data from 1990 to 2016

Now.....be honest.

Would Hussein have told .....publicly told.....illegal aliens to go and vote ......if there weren't multiple millions of 'em as Democrat voters?

WTH. You’ve been blasted several times by other members with this same false accusation.
You think there arent millions of illegals in the US, therefore youre too ignorant on this subject to be worthy of debate. Do some research, retard.

I did not say that.

We are talking about illegals coming in and your sexy walls.
So we are not talking about millions of illegals that are IN this country.

Do you want me to repeat it for you?

Figure in 3-shifts, vacation & sick time, retirements, training, etc.
Trump wants 15,000 more agents on the southern border. The border is 2,000 miles. That means there would be 18 agents for ever mile of border or an agent for every 290 feet. This seems like a big overkill when you consider the difficulty in crossing large portions of the border and the technology we have available today to detect and track intruders.

Check your math. 2000 mi x 5280' / 15,000 = 704' x 3-shifts = 2100' avg spacing. Except we need many more at POAs, etc. Its not overkill. Also, we don't want them patrolling alone, so in pairs its 4,200' per pair of agents. That spacing can easily double figuring the workforce needed at POAs.

Also, are all of those agents actually in the field? or do some of them handle other duties? Seems that the answer lies with the people who do the job. They can probably determine how many people they need.

People don't understand the logistics, if they did they'd realize that for every border patrol agent in the field, there are at least three supporting him. Communications, Transportation and means to contain those illegals apprehended crossing the border.

Take notes, dunce:

But wait!!!

There's more!

He concludes that:

Gettin' nervous?

Now.....be honest.

I did not say that.

The millions that came IN this country is exactly what we are talking about. Even you now agree that millions have crossed our border.

That's 1 border agent for every 1,000 illegals. They work hard but come on asking 1 border patrol agent to deal with 1,000 illegals is a bit much. How about 1 million border patrol agents. When they have nothing to do we can have them arrest traitor Dem's who aid and give sanctuary to illegals.
There were 390,000 apprehended in 2018 but that include 120,000 who ask for asylum at points of entry leaving only 270,000 apprehensions of those violating border barriers. That's 1 agent for every 135 apprehensions.

That's 1 border agent for every 1,000 illegals. They work hard but come on asking 1 border patrol agent to deal with 1,000 illegals is a bit much. How about 1 million border patrol agents. When they have nothing to do we can have them arrest traitor Dem's who aid and give sanctuary to illegals.
There were 390,000 apprehended in 2018 but that include 120,000 who ask for asylum at points of entry leaving only 270,000 apprehensions of those violating border barriers. That's 1 agent for every 135 apprehensions.
Why are you only including "apprehended" illegals?

Why are you only including "apprehended" illegals?
Because, when migrants present themselves to an immigration officer at the border crossing and ask for asylum they are initially interviewed by an immigration officer. If they pass the 5 minute interview, they are detained for a formal interview. That means they are illegally entering the US and accounted for as apprehended however the border patrol is not really involved but ICE is.

Plenty of illegals hiding in American who need apprehending.

Interesting facts about undocumented immigrants living in the US:
  • There were 10.7 million unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. in 2016, representing 3.3% of the total U.S. population that year, down 13% from the 2007 peak.
  • 26% of undocumented immigrants are children
  • The U.S. civilian workforce includes 7.8 million unauthorized immigrants, representing a decline since 2007.
  • Almost half the undocumented immigrants entered the country legally.
  • The number of Mexican unauthorized immigrants declined since 2007, but the total from other nations changed little. In 2018, most undocumented immigrants in the US are no longer Mexican.
  • 66% of the adults have live here for more than 10 years. They have lived in the U.S. for a median of 14.8 years, meaning that half had been in the country at least that long.
  • Six states account for 58% of unauthorized immigrants: California, Texas, Florida, New York, New Jersey and Illinois.
5 facts about illegal immigration in the U.S.

• There were 10.7 million unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. in 2016, representing 3.3% of the total U.S. population that year, down 13% from the 2007 peak.
  • The U.S. civilian workforce includes 7.8 million unauthorized immigrants, representing a decline since 2007.
  • The number of Mexican unauthorized immigrants declined since 2007, but the total from other nations changed little. In 2018, most undocumented immigrants in the US are no longer Mexican.
  • 66% of the adults have live here for more than 10 years. They have lived in the U.S. for a median of 14.8 years, meaning that half had been in the country at least that long.
  • Six states account for 58% of unauthorized immigrants: California, Texas, Florida, New York, New Jersey and Illinois.

I'm a bottom line kind of guy. More than dozens of times, I have laid the phone down on my desk and go on to something else while someone ranted on about whatever.

So, your bottom line is, they are ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Thank you!

But they aren't hiding. Farmers are hiring them. Companies involved in construction are hiring them. Companies running in the hotel service industry are hiring them. Those companies are willfully providing them a reward for coming into the USA.

Compare two of these side by side, the influx of illegal drugs and illegal immigrants.

Imagine if we left companies alone which were hiring and selling those illegal drugs? Then why when a company like a golf course, or a resort, or a farm hires these illegal aliens to work to build their business do we not have the same issue?

So, your bottom line is, they are

I'm a bottom line kind of guy. More than dozens of times, I have laid the phone down on my desk and go on to something else while someone ranted on about whatever.

Thank you!
Actually, NO. They are only illegal aliens when a judge says so. Many people that lack proper documentation are guilty of nothing. People whose visa expires while waiting for INS to change their status are undocumented but not illegal. I know your brain can't handle all these complications so you're a bottom line guy.

Now.....be honest.

I did not say that.

The millions that came IN this country is exactly what we are talking about. Even you now agree that millions have crossed our border.

No.
The only reason and only reason we are talking about this subject is.....

1. Illegals coming in.
2. Trump sexy wall.

Not the illegals that are already in here. What’s the point of talking about walls If the illegals that are already in here?

So, your bottom line is, they are

Thank you!
Actually, NO. They are only illegal aliens when a judge says so. Many people that lack proper documentation are guilty of nothing. People whose visa expires while waiting for INS to change their status are undocumented but not illegal. I know your brain can't handle all these complications so you're a bottom line guy.

Ouch!

What’s the point of talking about walls If the illegals that are already in here?
I guess i just figured we should stop millions more from coming in. :dunno:

Seriously man, what is wrong with you? Why must i explain such a basic concept?

About 99% I always agree with you Flopper. I totally agree with 390,000. But I have a different information about your numbers of 270,000 apprehension barriers violations. And the 120,000 seeking asylums.

For 2018. The number of unaccompanied children seeking asylums alone are 107,000. That leaves only 13,000 adults seeking asylum.

I believe the numbers of seeking asylums are much higher than 120,000.
The numbers of 270,000 apprehensions is much lower than that.

Just imagine 270,000 (22,500 per month) humans crossing the border. These CBP could have been overwhelmed.

To justify. By now Trump and his buddies coulda/shoulda published several videos showing all these illegals coming in overwhelming these CBP. Plus my friends could have told me that.

So far all videos published even Fox is 2 or 3 here and there.

But please correct me if I’m wrong.

Comparisons below reflect Fiscal Year 2018 compared to Fiscal Year 2017.

Family Unit* Apprehensions by Sector
Sector

FY2017

FY2018

% Change
FY17 to FY18

Big Bend

941 741 -21%
Del Rio

2,453 2,829 15%
El Centro

1,798 3,539 97%