why is this so hard? advice needed

i need the power window control for a 2008 sonata hyundia ...so i order one from car parts....wrong part doesnt fit....the first part was 30 dollars...now they are saying the right part is 120 dollars wtf? i found what looks like the right part but says its for 2005 to 2007...mechanic says the plugs would be different...
/----/ That's why I order OEMs from the dealer. Yeah, aftermarket parts are cheaper --- for a reason.

i need the power window control for a 2008 sonata hyundia ...so i order one from car parts....wrong part doesnt fit....the first part was 30 dollars...now they are saying the right part is 120 dollars wtf? i found what looks like the right part but says its for 2005 to 2007...mechanic says the plugs would be different...
I have a switch bank on the driver side door and two of the four switches quit working, so I ordered a new set from the dealer for $150, when I got home I realized I never checked Amazon, so I went there and the identical (looking) switch set was $25! I quickly called the dealer and canceled my order and asked to refund my credit card, which they did. The switch set works perfectly, and also controls both side mirrors.

Don't buy OEM for electronics.

Nice think about a Hyundai is that if you have any problem with it at all, then what's wrong with it can be answered in once sentence: It's a Hyundai.

Another nice thing about a Hyundai is that I understand they are very easy to steal. So if you leave it parked in a dodgy area, there's a better chance that some fool will steal it. Then, assuming you've got decent insurance, you can take your insurance money and use it toward a real car.

I like blanch

The part arrived a few days ago..I call grumpy ass mechanic..he ask if it fits..I tell him I have not opened it and how would I know..its inside the door panel...long silence in his part..tells me to just put it next to old one..again I tell him I am not taking door panel off..he doesn't yell but his voice raises..open it and hold it up to the switches in arm panel..it dawns me the part is open and visible..he says after I am bothered to open it and compare it to let him know..claiming to be busy..I will drop my care off later today..with eggs..he goes on big camp outs and cooks breakfast for everyone

Thanks for yall help..but again why do they make this so hard

Get the serial # of the part that needs to be replaced. Order it. I think I found it:

Amazon product

Switch
rh50520006_1

Relay
GW7CDLDN.jpg

Which one is it?

You can quickly test the switch and the relay with a battery and a multimeter.

Both available cheap at Radio Shack.

Forum List

Back