damn it just damn it to hell

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
With all the back and forth to down east...i have been keeping both cars in top running form...small noise...get mechanic to check it..oil is changed all things are ready to go...

2008 hyundai sonata with 200 k on it...running great no worries..yesterday i notice a new dash idiot light on...
says "air bag" wtf? i call my mechanic and we discuss the issue...ending with basically cant sell car with light on...he cant fix it as he does not have the needed scanner and told me basically to just die it into the ground...a habit i have with cars...he has called me a couple of times...to say the frame is too rusted to drive off his place and the salt and chemicals have claimed another victim ...but i have two issues...a 9 and 5 yr old i will not put in a car without air bags...no problem i was going to park blanche anyways for the winter...i will just take the subbie...2013...forester...so there i am when the damned check engine light comes on...

all i hear is my father laughing and going...if you are gonna ride you are gonna pay

With all the back and forth to down east...i have been keeping both cars in top running form...small noise...get mechanic to check it..oil is changed all things are ready to go...

2008 hyundai sonata with 200 k on it...running great no worries..yesterday i notice a new dash idiot light on...
says "air bag" wtf? i call my mechanic and we discuss the issue...ending with basically cant sell car with light on...he cant fix it as he does not have the needed scanner and told me basically to just die it into the ground...a habit i have with cars...he has called me a couple of times...to say the frame is too rusted to drive off his place and the salt and chemicals have claimed another victim ...but i have two issues...a 9 and 5 yr old i will not put in a car without air bags...no problem i was going to park blanche anyways for the winter...i will just take the subbie...2013...forester...so there i am when the damned check engine light comes on...

all i hear is my father laughing and going...if you are gonna ride you are gonna pay
first...any airbag job will cost you a grand at least

second, an 08 hyundai IS A RICE BURNING DEATH TRAP

you just found out your frame is about to give.....................you've been driving those rug rats around with a compromised frame????....i'd worry bout that 100 times more......sell it???....lol

don't go over railroad tracks!!

can you read? my current car is not rusted i was speaking of past cars

the rug rats have been safe in both cars...i dont put them in any danger....hell the 9 yr old knows she aint getting in the front seat...period

you cant sell a car with air bag lights on in nc

and hubby and i are already fighting over the money needed to repair..i say park in and let me drive it..i am thinking new to me car but then i looked at resell...people are asking 6500 for the same car with higher mileage..wtf?

Where do you're kids sit when riding in the car?

can you read? my current car is not rusted i was speaking of past cars

the rug rats have been safe in both cars...i dont put them in any danger....hell the 9 yr old knows she aint getting in the front seat...period

you cant sell a car with air bag lights on in nc
I had the same problem with my '97 BMW. Get yourself an OBD scanner. They're pretty cheap (around $25 or so). It plugs into a connector usually somewhere under the dashboard. Chances are, it's just a glitch and can be reset with the scanner.

Good luck.

My "air bag" when I was nine...

Screenshot_20231217-071608-925.png

Take the negative battery cable off for 30 minutes or so then reboot the system and see what happens.

My check engine light came on after I had my brakes done and no one could figure it out, not even the dealer. I took the battery cable off and VOILA

confucius you fucked.jpg

It's more than likely your air bag sensor. It's like 20 bucks, bones.

Find a new mechanic. No real mechanic ''doesn't have a scanner'' for a car as new as an '08.

Heck, even Auto Zone will scan it for you for free with an OBDII scanner and get you whatever fault code it's throwing.

Check engine light is also likely something simple. Something as silly as a bad gas cap can make that come on.

Blues Man's recommendation is also worth a shot. That'll definitely clear any codes at the very least.

Don't let some asshole try to sell you an airbag module for a thousand bucks until you actually get the error code to see where the problem is.

Plastic electrical connectors start breaking on older cars. I'd hate to see you get rolled and pay over a grand when you might just need a 4 dollar connector replaced or a twenty dollar sensor that your old man could fix in about two beers. Maybe even just one.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back