Just noticed my AC doesn't cool so good in my car

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
And it's 102 here today. It cools but not good enough so that means the compressor is working. I'll get a can of freon tomorrow and that should take care of it hopefully. If not I'll have to ask Mike, the guy I used to work for. Although I can't think of what else it could be.

And it's 102 here today. It cools but not good enough so that means the compressor is working. I'll get a can of freon tomorrow and that should take care of it hopefully. If not I'll have to ask Mike, the guy I used to work for. Although I can't think of what else it could be.
You could have a leak in the line and losing freon

• Banned
You could have a leak in the line and losing freon
That's true but it's under a lot of pressure and would leak out pretty quick. It still works but not well. Yesterday it was good. I guess I'll see.

iu

What kind of car is it?...

My truck AC works better and better the more I use it.

So I start turning it on in the cool spring when I really don't need it...for about 15 minutes at a time. In about a month it keeps my truck nice & cool (I don't drive all that much).

It's probably the Freon if you haven't had it charged in a while.

When my low side gauge shows about 35 psi or so with the engine on and ac on it will be cooling well.

/----/ Is your vent set to recirculate cabin air? If not, then it's pulling hot outside air into the cabin, making it harder to cool your car.
iu

Forum List

Back