Why Is This Fact Not Taught In Churches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The verse describes 4 rivers that exit the Garden near Eden and where they lead to.
The rivers lead to various levels of physicality.
It is our spiritual quest to stay in the Garden and not be tempted by anything outside the Garden.
Where did you get this metaphysical explanation and what makes you believe it is fact?

The verse describes 4 rivers that exit the Garden near Eden and where they lead to.
It is our spiritual quest to stay in the Garden and not be tempted by anything outside the Garden.
Where did you get this metaphysical explanation and what makes you believe it is fact?
Do you really think you understand the context of a cherry picked verse?
Do you really believe your soul won’t live on after your body dies and you won’t see existence from a spiritual point of view?
Now read the verses in context; they are not a geography lesson.

Do you really believe your soul won’t live on after your body dies and you won’t see existence from a spiritual point of view?
You didnt answer my question. You suggested a metaphysical explanation but you didnt support it. I read the verses in context. Its describing where the garden of eden is at the time of the writing of Genesis. If no geography "lesson" as you put it is implied why mention directions, rivers, and the lands these rivers were in?

Was doing some research on the bible and was reading Genesis 2:11-13. The first 2 nations that are mentioned in the bible are Black nations. The first nation listed is Havilah. Havilah is the son of Kush and it was located in East Africa. The second nation is of course Kush. Kush is the son of Ham and it was also located in east Africa. It is known today as Ethiopia.

Bible Gateway passage: Genesis 2:11-13 - English Standard Version

11 The name of the first is the Pishon. It is the one that flowed around the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12 And the gold of that land is good; bdellium and onyx stone are there. 13 The name of the second river is the Gihon. It is the one that flowed around the whole land of Cush.

It is taught in Churches.
It's also taught that Jesus is Jewish and that the first Christians were Jewish.
Jesus also represents all people from all nations.
Each nation has art depicted of Jesus in their own races, Black, Asian, Jewish and White.

Was doing some research on the bible and was reading Genesis 2:11-13. The first 2 nations that are mentioned in the bible are Black nations. The first nation listed is Havilah. Havilah is the son of Kush and it was located in East Africa. The second nation is of course Kush. Kush is the son of Ham and it was also located in east Africa. It is known today as Ethiopia.

11 The name of the first is the Pishon. It is the one that flowed around the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12 And the gold of that land is good; bdellium and onyx stone are there. 13 The name of the second river is the Gihon. It is the one that flowed around the whole land of Cush.
/----/ View attachment 228490
If you had a I dont care button you wouldnt use it because.....well you didnt care right. :cuckoo:

Looks like you too have been emotionally injured by a simple question.
/----/ no one cares .JPG

"Why Is This Fact Not Taught In Churches?"

You mean, like the billions of trillions of other facts, also not taught in churches? Is there a punch line to be found in any of this?
This is a very important fact that should be taught.

Oh, for pity's sake.

You actually think what you read in the bible are "facts", important facts, no less? And that folks go to church to learn about facts?

/----/ View attachment 228490
If you had a I dont care button you wouldnt use it because.....well you didnt care right. :cuckoo:

Looks like you too have been emotionally injured by a simple question.
/----/ View attachment 228527
Still here not caring eh? :laugh:

Two little problems here:

1.) This is an early chapter in Genesis giving the account of Creation and describing the Garden of Eden. The only person who existed at this point in the narrative is Adam. However, the lands mentioned here - Havilah and Kush - are supposedly named after descendants of Noah. Problem is, Adam being the only person alive at this point, Noah himself hadn't been born yet, much less his descendants.

2.) The English Standard Version you cite from mentions the rivers in the past tense; "...that flowed around...". The original Hebrew text does not use the past tense when describing these rivers. The original Hebrew text reads thus:

"The name of the first is Pishon; that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold; and the gold of that land is good; there is bdellium and the onyx stone. And the name of the second river is Gihon; the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Cush."

I have no idea if these were black nations or not but these inconsistencies need to be bore in mind.

You mean, like the billions of trillions of other facts, also not taught in churches? Is there a punch line to be found in any of this?

Oh, for pity's sake.

You actually think what you read in the bible are "facts", important facts, no less? And that folks go to church to learn about facts?
Yep. Its a fact that this is in the bible. Yes its a important fact. It begs the question of why did white people try to make everything about whites instead of telling the truth?

Last edited:
You didnt answer my question. You suggested a metaphysical explanation but you didnt support it. I read the verses in context. Its describing where the garden of eden is at the time of the writing of Genesis. If no geography "lesson" as you put it is implied why mention directions, rivers, and the lands these rivers were in?
You did not read the verses in context.
What happens prior to and immediately after the description of the rivers.
And you wonder why Christians know zip.

Oh, for pity's sake.

What I think is that literally no one goes to YOU for facts or anything else.

You seem to spend an awful lot of time announcing that we can't have your approval, without anyone ever having asked for it. Odd.

Two little problems here:

1.) This is an early chapter in Genesis giving the account of Creation and describing the Garden of Eden. The only person who existed at this point in the narrative is Adam. However, the lands mentioned here - Havilah and Kush - are supposedly named after descendants of Noah. Problem is, Adam being the only person alive at this point, Noah himself hadn't been born yet, much less his descendants.

2.) The English Standard Version you cite from mentions the rivers in the past tense; "...that flowed around...". The original Hebrew text does not use the past tense when describing these rivers. The original Hebrew text reads thus:

"The name of the first is Pishon; that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold; and the gold of that land is good; there is bdellium and the onyx stone. And the name of the second river is Gihon; the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Cush."

I have no idea if these were black nations or not but these inconsistencies need to be bore in mind.
At this point Adam was just created. Yes these are descendants of Noah but more importantly they are closer descendants of Ham and Kush respectively. Why you see that as "a problem" needs explaining. People tell stories using past or present tenses all the time. All this tells me is that the Hebrew rendition was obviously the original and the christian one was written later after something had changed.

These are definitely Black nations. Havilah as I pointed out is a son of Kush and Kush is a son of Ham. These were all Black people.

Last edited:
So youre just going to continue to claim I didnt read the verses in context and avoid explaining your weird metaphysical take on the whole thing? :rolleyes:

So youre just going to continue to claim I didnt read the verses in context and avoid explaining youre weird metaphysical take on the whole thing? :rolleyes:
What happens prior and what happens after?
And where does Adam decide to reside?
I get it; I’m a Honky and you can’t give in to a Honky...even when your soul is on the line.

So youre just going to continue to claim I didnt read the verses in context and avoid explaining youre weird metaphysical take on the whole thing? :rolleyes:
I get it; I’m a Honky and you can’t give in to a Honky...even when your soul is on the line.
I will tell you after you answer my question. If you cant or wont then dont bother.

I will tell you after you answer my question. If you cant or wont then dont bother.
What question?
The Torah is the blueprint of existence; it’s not a history book.
You cannot read the Torah at the age of 30 the way you read it at 5.

What question?
The Torah is the blueprint of existence; it’s not a history book.
You cannot read the Torah at the age of 30 the way you read it at 5.
The question you avoided because you had no answer.
"Where did you get this metaphysical explanation and what makes you believe it is fact?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back