I Had Positive Contact Today...

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
With a white person. Two to be specific. I was at the gym giving the 20 year old youngsters buckets from the 3 point line. Hit the last two 3 pointers to win the game. After the game this white kid that has Downs syndrome ran on the court and shoved the ball in my hand. He wanted me to shoot again so I did. I made it and he started running around in circle obviously happy. I gave him a high five and started walking away. He got the ball and asked me to shoot again. This went on for about 10 minutes and then his mother came up and apologized. I told her it was ok. I asked her if she didnt mind me teaching him how to shoot. The kid got lucky and hit the first one right away. I gave him another high five but he wasnt having it. He missed about 20 in a row after that but never gave up. I kept encouraging him and he finally hit another one and his mom started crying. All the guys in the gym were cheering for the kid. I was kind of startled. I was so engrossed I hadnt noticed everyone had stopped playing and was watching. Everyone came over and gave the kid high fives. It made his day.

It's hard to beat the feeling of knowing you did the right thing. Good for you.

With a white person. Two to be specific. I was at the gym giving the 20 year old youngsters buckets from the 3 point line. Hit the last two 3 pointers to win the game. After the game this white kid that has Downs syndrome ran on the court and shoved the ball in my hand. He wanted me to shoot again so I did. I made it and he started running around in circle obviously happy. I gave him a high five and started walking away. He got the ball and asked me to shoot again. This went on for about 10 minutes and then his mother came up and apologized. I told her it was ok. I asked her if she didnt mind me teaching him how to shoot. The kid got lucky and hit the first one right away. I gave him another high five but he wasnt having it. He missed about 20 in a row after that but never gave up. I kept encouraging him and he finally hit another one and his mom started crying. All the guys in the gym were cheering for the kid. I was kind of startled. I was so engrossed I hadnt noticed everyone had stopped playing and was watching. Everyone came over and gave the kid high fives. It made his day.
Good story. Thanks for sharing. There are pockets of beauty in this world if we are open to seeing them. Good on you for shining a light

This is a lot better than what went through my head when I read the title of the thread. :abgg2q.jpg:

I thought this was going to be a story about how a chick gave you some cold sores.

Thanks for giving a shit pal..

i cannot imagine the mindset a black man or woman must have at this point..how to avoid being shot....even being in your own home is risky now...and they just shot and killed the good guy with a gun cause he was black...

Great story A. You gave the kid an awesome memory to look back on.

i cannot imagine the mindset a black man or woman must have at this point..how to avoid being shot....even being in your own home is risky now...and they just shot and killed the good guy with a gun cause he was black...
What does that have to do with the op?

i cannot imagine the mindset a black man or woman must have at this point..how to avoid being shot....even being in your own home is risky now...

1jamyla_bolden.jpg

Jamyla Bolden’s mother recounts the night her daughter died

Peace.

One of the greatest pleasures in life is doing things for others and seeing the joy that it can bring them.

I saw that on the Disney Channel. :lol:

Enjoy his happiness while you can. Downs Syndrome children are being abortioned out of existence. They are inferior and we are Hitler...​

Try fighting for born children with pre existing conditions covered by by Obamacare.

Your an ass

Yu cant spel.
Enjoy his happiness while you can. Downs Syndrome children are being abortioned out of existence. They are inferior and we are Hitler...​

Try fighting for born children with pre existing conditions covered by by Obamacare.

Your an ass

Yu cant spel.

Your an ass

Yu cant spel.

He spelled correctly.
It's the grammar. :)
Lots of people do this.

Forum List

Back