Why is the IQ in the U.S. getting lower?

The US already has a lower average IQ and is getting lower. Why?

There is only one place to put the blame.....

Our public education system is a FUCKING JOKE!!!

Give me a break. Our education system is the best in the world. We spend more on education than any other country in the world.

What's a JOKE is the parents of these kids that pay no attention to what they're kids are doing & or could care less. And like YOU--think their kids education problems belong to others.

You actually think throwing money at the educational system is the answer?
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

The current national average high school drop out rate is 30%. In many cities it's NEARLY 50%!!!! How is throwing MORE money at this problem going to solve the crisis.

The problems are these:
1. Drugs. You dumb ass hippie fucks who brought all of this shit into the U.S.A. in the 60's and 70's....
2. Gang violence/bullying.
3. Teachers who no longer give a shit about their students.

Funny how all of the blue states have the highest dropout rates and the red states have the highest graduation rates. Looks like we know who has their priorities right.

The US already has a lower average IQ and is getting lower. Why?

There is only one place to put the blame.....

Our public education system is a FUCKING JOKE!!!

Give me a break. Our education system is the best in the world. We spend more on education than any other country in the world.

What's a JOKE is the parents of these kids that pay no attention to what they're kids are doing & or could care less. And like YOU--think their kids education problems belong to others.

The current national average high school drop out rate is 30%. In many cities it's NEARLY 50%!!!! How is throwing MORE money at this problem going to solve the crisis.

The problems are these:
1. Drugs. You dumb ass hippie fucks who brought all of this shit into the U.S.A. in the 60's and 70's....

Funny how all of the blue states have the highest dropout rates and the red states have the highest graduation rates. Looks like we know who has their priorities right.

Reread Oreo's post, because you clearly didn't the first time.

The problems are these:

Read my post...obviously you failed to comprehend this simple fact.

Everything I said is directly related to piss poor parenting.

WOW, this thread was an interesting read
i'm shocked at how few here really understand what IQ is about
its ones ABILITY to learn, not how smart or dumb one is
someone with a high IQ could be useless and someone with a low IQ could be a really smart person(via working harder to accomplish their goals)

I've been reading this thread through, and I think everyone seems to be missing something...

IQ tests are usually done long before a child enters school. Education has almost no effect on IQ scores.

Plus, I'm fairly certain the numbers in this thread are bullshit, anyway.

Teachers are getting more conservative. And this year I am starting to notice that the good kids, the ones that want to learn, are getting fed up with the troublemakers disrupting classes and getting rewarded for their bad behavior. It is not some liberal conspiracy; it is the unintended consequence of turning schools into parents. Our administrators have given up on some parents (they don't have a car, they are too drunk, they don't understand, they don't care, etc) so instead of sending kids home who commit some egregious act, they put them in time out or some 'alternative program". It's a reward. There is now a waiting list for our p.m. school. The kids go 2.5 hours a day, eat pizza, watch TV, and go to Sixers games. And they get the same damn diploma as the good kids.

Rewarding bad behavior is a liberal thing. Punishment and discipline are conservative. That's why the teachers themselves are moving right. IT'S NOT WORKING!!!!

I've been reading this thread through, and I think everyone seems to be missing something...

IQ tests are usually done long before a child enters school. Education has almost no effect on IQ scores.

i'm pretty sure you are correct also, notice no source link in the OP

Teachers are getting more conservative. And this year I am starting to notice that the good kids, the ones that want to learn, are getting fed up with the troublemakers disrupting classes and getting rewarded for their bad behavior. It is not some liberal conspiracy; it is the unintended consequence of turning schools into parents. Our administrators have given up on some parents (they don't have a car, they are too drunk, they don't understand, they don't care, etc) so instead of sending kids home who commit some egregious act, they put them in time out or some 'alternative program". It's a reward. There is now a waiting list for our p.m. school. The kids go 2.5 hours a day, eat pizza, watch TV, and go to Sixers games. And they get the same damn diploma as the good kids.

Rewarding bad behavior is a liberal thing. Punishment and discipline are conservative. That's why the teachers themselves are moving right. IT'S NOT WORKING!!!!
:eusa_wall::disbelief::eusa_doh:

IQ is not something that is taught or learned, it is ones ABILITY to learn

If you google the OP, pretty much all you find is it repeated in forum after forum... I had to do a bit of digging to find the original source (posted earlier on the thread). And as was pointed out in a later post, that source was debunked.

If you google the OP, pretty much all you find is it repeated in forum after forum... I had to do a bit of digging to find the original source (posted earlier on the thread). And as was pointed out in a later post, that source was debunked.
i must have missed that post, but no matter
this thread has been debunked without the source ;)

Here's a blue state celebration:
Bloomberg: "This is a great day for New York City schools.”
June 22, 2009
NYC High School Graduation Rate Rises Above 60 Percent

Pathetic!!!!

Patek, the quote in your sig line isn't from W. Kristol (William, or Bill Kristol). It's by Irving Kristol, Bill's dad - the founder of the Neo-Con movement.

There is general consensus that IQ can be affected minimally by environment. Nutrition and schooling do play a part. And not to change the subject but the number cause of poverty is out of wedlock birth. And I'm sure we can find a connection between poverty and IQ. Celebrating and rewarding single motherhood is a liberal thing. Lol

The problems are these:

Read my post...obviously you failed to comprehend this simple fact.

Everything I said is directly related to piss poor parenting.

... and that's what Oreo said. ;)

You're absolutely correct. Though it is possible to improve your IQ...why just last week I finally managed to go from 85 to 86.5.

:lol: Bullshit.

There is general consensus that IQ can be affected minimally by environment. Nutrition and schooling do play a part. And not to change the subject but the number cause of poverty is out of wedlock birth. And I'm sure we can find a connection between poverty and IQ. Celebrating and rewarding single motherhood is a liberal thing. Lol

Actually poor health or nutrition (especially in the womb, or in the early developing years) can decrease IQ dramatically.

But I am dubious that education can really increase it.

Are median IQs US really decreasing?

I'd like to see the studies that support that theory.

Then maybe some people shouldn't have children... if it were up to you right wing morons, every woman that got pregnant would be forced to raise the child...

Some people are NOT parenting material...

well i dont know about that....years ago maybe....now....mmm

I have two nieces that are elementary school teachers. They will tell you it's not the books--it's not the schools--it's not the education--it's the deliquent--non-caring parents.

but....look at all the stuff that they DONT teach anymore....someone in these threads who teaches i believe said Geography has been cut....its not relevant they said... i just feel compared to when i went to school,the kids of today,unless they learn it themselves,are getting a less rounded education....

Forum List

Back