Why is the IQ in the U.S. getting lower?

Dumb ol' blue collar liberal. Mensa member and Intertel qualified. But, of course, on the net, I could also claim to be the reincarnation of Napoleon.:lol:

This is true. I tried to qualify for Mensa, but didn't even come close. I forget what you have to score, but it was way above 120.

but, wIn sumbuddy trys ta saye thet they's gotta scor uv 160, it wudden seam vury cretible. Don't you think?
I'm a Mensa member. Doesn't mean shit.
sure it does, it means you have a high IQ, but still were foolish enough to pay the membership dues for a group that gives you nothing ;)

This is true. I tried to qualify for Mensa, but didn't even come close. I forget what you have to score, but it was way above 120.

but, wIn sumbuddy trys ta saye thet they's gotta scor uv 160, it wudden seam vury cretible. Don't you think?

Mensa is 160.

If it were 160 they wouldn't have many members. The minimum IQ is around 130 depending on the test.

This is a racist thread since it implies that the country's IQ must have lowered to elect Ubama.
its 130
my ex was a mensa member and she had a 131
she wanted me to join as well, but i refused to pay for membership in a group that returned nothing to me

Mensa is 160.

If it were 160 they wouldn't have many members. The minimum IQ is around 130 depending on the test.

This is a racist thread since it implies that the country's IQ must have lowered to elect Ubama.
its 130
she wanted me to join as well, but i refused to pay for membership in a group that returned nothing to me

I still don't get why so many people are willing to pay for a piece of paper to prove they are intelligent ... that's just not very intelligent. :cool:

Where the hell do you get this shit?

We should only have babies if they're super intelligent? WTF?

The right wants to force women to RAISE children? Are you insane? We're the ones who support adoption, you fucking retard.

Allie....you are dealing with one of them thar low IQuers....

I have two nieces that are elementary school teachers. They will tell you it's not the books--it's not the schools--it's not the education--it's the deliquent--non-caring parents.

but....look at all the stuff that they DONT teach anymore....someone in these threads who teaches i believe said Geography has been cut....its not relevant they said... i just feel compared to when i went to school,the kids of today,unless they learn it themselves,are getting a less rounded education....

That's good to know. Especially when clips show Americans being stopped on the streets and asked to point out China on the map. And they have no idea. GREAT IDEA!

many can not even point out the USA on a unmarked map....

"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between."
Oscar Wilde

those dam morons sure invented and developed a lot of stuff last century....dam idiots...

As did Nazi Germany, and they were barbarians. However, I would disagree vehemetly with Oscar Wilde.

i know the US has developed and advanced the art of military destruction Rocks as did Nazi Germany...but tell me...what advances in peaceful technology did the Nazis develop?....what Medical advances did they make?....what happened to their short lived society?....how come the US is still hanging,if we are like them?....you still wanna compare the two Rocks?.....you have compared this country with Nazi Germany a few other times too.....you are some American dude....:eusa_eh:

WOW, this thread was an interesting read
i'm shocked at how few here really understand what IQ is about
its ones ABILITY to learn, not how smart or dumb one is
someone with a high IQ could be useless and someone with a low IQ could be a really smart person(via working harder to accomplish their goals)

i have heard this ABILITY to learn theory also Dive....Einstein was great in math and Physics....but i hear was kinda dense in many other things.....he had a dog and a cat and had a doggy door built,and right next to it,put a Catty door ........:eusa_eh:

WOW, this thread was an interesting read
i'm shocked at how few here really understand what IQ is about
its ones ABILITY to learn, not how smart or dumb one is
someone with a high IQ could be useless and someone with a low IQ could be a really smart person(via working harder to accomplish their goals)

i have heard this ABILITY to learn theory also Dive....Einstein was great in math and Physics....but i hear was kinda dense in many other things.....he had a dog and a cat and had a doggy door built,and right next to it,put a Catty door ........:eusa_eh:
LOL now that is funny
but i'd like to see a link to something that backs that up

its 130

I still don't get why so many people are willing to pay for a piece of paper to prove they are intelligent ... that's just not very intelligent. :cool:

I was going to join once because I had moved and was bored and lonely, figured they might keep me stimulated with a little intelligent conversation once in a while.

He failed his initial college entrance exams, but he was only 16 when he took them the first time.

Apparently some of his teachers thought he was a little slow, but from what I've read, there's little to no evidence to back this up..and his mother wrote about his good grades.

However I will tell you I know a few geniuses, including my ex.

Yeah, he's book smart but the most shallow repetitive turd on the face of the earth.

Well the main reason is that standardized IQ tests don't actually measure IQ per se. What they do measure is how much information you have acquired by a given age. It can be a fairly accurate measure of IQ provided everyone starts out on the same basic playing field. That simply doesn't happen in this country any more.

I don't trust IQ measurements.

My brother's IQ is even higher than mine (152) and he works at a minimum wage job is late 30's.

I think that you have to combine IQ with some sort of "motivation quotient" or it is meaningless.

The US already has a lower average IQ and is getting lower. Why?

Hong Kong 107 Korea, South 106Japan 105 Taiwan 104 Singapore 104 Austria 102Germany 102Italy 102 Netherlands 102 Sweden 101 Switzerland 101 Belgium 100 China 100 New Zealand 100 U. Kingdom 100 Hungary 99 Poland 99 Australia 98 Denmark 98 France 98 Norway 98 United States 98 Canada 97 Czech Republic 97 Finland 97 Spain 97 Argentina 96 Russia 96 Slovakia 96 Uruguay 96 Portugal 95 Slovenia 95 Israel 94 Romania 94 Bulgaria 93 Ireland 93 Greece 92 Malaysia 92 Thailand 91 Croatia 90 Peru 90Turkey 90 Colombia 89 Indonesia 89 Suriname 89 Brazil 87 Iraq 87Mexico 87 Samoa (Western) 87 Tonga 87 Lebanon 86 Philippines 86 Cuba 85 Morocco 85 Fiji 84 Iran 84 Marshall Islands 84 Puerto Rico 84Egypt 83India 81 Ecuador 80 Guatemala 79 Barbados 78 Nepal 78 Qatar 78 Zambia 77 Congo (Brazz) 73 Uganda 73 Jamaica 72 Kenya 72 South Africa 72 Sudan 72 Tanzania 72 Ghana 71 Nigeria 67 Guinea 66 Zimbabwe 66 Congo (Zaire) 65 Sierra Leone 64 Ethiopia 63 Equatorial Guinea 59

There are many reasons but one big reason is immigration. The U.S. takes in more immigrants than the rest of the world combined and MILLIONS of UNSKILLED and UNEDUCATED illegal immigrants have been sneaking into the U.S. for DECADES. It's starting to show now.

But today’s Democrats, bent on consolidating the Hispanic vote, aren’t likely to seek a lower immigration rate, or a better-educated pool of immigrants. The kind of “comprehensive” immigration reform that liberals support would probably increase low-skilled migration to the United States.

You do know that we are a global magnet for intellectuals, right?

I don't trust IQ measurements.

My brother's IQ is even higher than mine (152) and he works at a minimum wage job is late 30's.

I think that you have to combine IQ with some sort of "motivation quotient" or it is meaningless.

You point out something I noticed a long time ago, most people who get rich are total idiots. Intelligence has less to do with success than their MQ, as you note.

Forum List

Back