Why is the IQ in the U.S. getting lower?

The US already has a lower average IQ and is getting lower. Why?

fox_news1226881737.jpg

and here we have our example of a low IQ....fascinating....

Its funny, I subscribe to a couple of the podcasts put out by the HowStuffWorks.com folks and not too long back they had this one:

Is fluoride making us stupid?

If you're a fan of conspiracy theories, here's a really fun one that may have some basis. Turns out that fluoridating water may have a few side effects.....

Look how high Poland rated!

What were the questions on that test?

"You have one lightbulb, how many hours will it take for the entire glorious nation of Poland to screw it in?"

"And where can we find a German's ass to screw it in?"

Hey pea brain... the poles you make fun of have more spine and courage that ALL of Germany...

It took Poland, the fearless Solidarity movement and Pope Paul II to liberate the sissies in Germany from Russian oppression...

hey shining example of what we are talking about.....JW.... is fucking with ya.....:eusa_eh:

Largely, it has to do with the reigns of our country being turned over to conservatives, republicans, and DINOs for nearly 30 years now. They do not value public education, have set about to de-fund it as much as possible.

We also spend more on attacking unrelated countries on the other side of the world, than we do on public eduction.

Parents, and people in general seem to think education is not important, which is wrong.

Television itself, has been dumbed down so badly some of the programs make me want to puke. I mean seriously, people watch other people degrade themselves, eat bugs, pigs intestines, old celebrities fight in boxing rings, even American Idolatry is suspect.

Republicans don't want a smart population, and they set about to keep them dumb. When folks are educated, they see through the republicans' bullshit, and they can't allow that, since republicans depend on deceiving, or manipulation through hatreds and prejudices, to get elected. A party that really only serves roughly ten percent of our countries people economically, can not survive with a smart population, in which they can't deceive 40 percent or so of them, into voting against themselves economically, because they hate black people, or they think the government's going to take their shotguns, or they hate homosexuals more than they want to make a living, or they don't want people to have the freedom to choose to have an abortion in the first trimester of pregnancy.

They promote this lie that education is "liberal" and in a sense it is. When people get smart, they begin to understand they don't stand alone, and that we are all in this together. But it isn't that the teachers are specifically hired for this reason, but that most people when educated, just come to that conclusion after getting some education.

another person who is an example of what we are talking about.....do we have anymore who would like to come forward with a testimonial?......

That's funny considering less than 6% of US scientists admit to being Republicans.

It's the Republicans that want to replace "science" with the "occult".

It's the Republicans who breed like flies.

Funny that many immigrants the come here are doctors and engineers. Many Republicans live in their cars.

REPUBLICANS breed like flies???.....Dean your giving us an example of a moron every fucking time you post....

You are one ignorant pea brain... the right has been out to destroy our public education system, after school programs and community centers for years...

Look up "midnight basketball" and Republicans...
geezus....between you and Dean....i can see were they got the idea that the IQ is dropping in this country....

Hong Kong 107 Korea, South 106Japan 105 Taiwan 104 Singapore 104 Austria 102Germany 102Italy 102 Netherlands 102 Sweden 101 Switzerland 101 Belgium 100 China 100 New Zealand 100 U. Kingdom 100 Hungary 99 Poland 99 Australia 98 Denmark 98 France 98 Norway 98 United States 98 Canada 97 Czech Republic 97 Finland 97 Spain 97 Argentina 96 Russia 96 Slovakia 96 Uruguay 96 Portugal 95 Slovenia 95 Israel 94 Romania 94 Bulgaria 93 Ireland 93 Greece 92 Malaysia 92 Thailand 91 Croatia 90 Peru 90Turkey 90 Colombia 89 Indonesia 89 Suriname 89 Brazil 87 Iraq 87Mexico 87 Samoa (Western) 87 Tonga 87 Lebanon 86 Philippines 86 Cuba 85 Morocco 85 Fiji 84 Iran 84 Marshall Islands 84 Puerto Rico 84Egypt 83India 81 Ecuador 80 Guatemala 79 Barbados 78 Nepal 78 Qatar 78 Zambia 77 Congo (Brazz) 73 Uganda 73 Jamaica 72 Kenya 72 South Africa 72 Sudan 72 Tanzania 72 Ghana 71 Nigeria 67 Guinea 66 Zimbabwe 66 Congo (Zaire) 65 Sierra Leone 64 Ethiopia 63 Equatorial Guinea 59

There are many reasons but one big reason is immigration. The U.S. takes in more immigrants than the rest of the world combined and MILLIONS of UNSKILLED and UNEDUCATED illegal immigrants have been sneaking into the U.S. for DECADES. It's starting to show now.

But today’s Democrats, bent on consolidating the Hispanic vote, aren’t likely to seek a lower immigration rate, or a better-educated pool of immigrants. The kind of “comprehensive” immigration reform that liberals support would probably increase low-skilled migration to the United States.

There is only one place to put the blame.....

Our public education system is a FUCKING JOKE!!!

Give me a break. Our education system is the best in the world. We spend more on education than any other country in the world.

What's a JOKE is the parents of these kids that pay no attention to what they're kids are doing & or could care less. And like YOU--think their kids education problems belong to others.

Give me a break. Our education system is the best in the world. We spend more on education than any other country in the world.
well i dont know about that....years ago maybe....now....mmm

I have two nieces that are elementary school teachers. They will tell you it's not the books--it's not the schools--it's not the education--it's the deliquent--non-caring parents.

That's funny considering less than 6% of US scientists admit to being Republicans.

It's the Republicans that want to replace "science" with the "occult".

It's the Republicans who breed like flies.

Funny that many immigrants the come here are doctors and engineers. Many Republicans live in their cars.

REPUBLICANS breed like flies???.....Dean your giving us an example of a moron every fucking time you post....

LOL. Haven't even achieved the status of mammals yet. Perhaps one might consider that post a bit over the top. Then again, you have Consevative like ol' Public.

Hong Kong 107 Korea, South 106Japan 105 Taiwan 104 Singapore 104 Austria 102Germany 102Italy 102 Netherlands 102 Sweden 101 Switzerland 101 Belgium 100 China 100 New Zealand 100 U. Kingdom 100 Hungary 99 Poland 99 Australia 98 Denmark 98 France 98 Norway 98 United States 98 Canada 97 Czech Republic 97 Finland 97 Spain 97 Argentina 96 Russia 96 Slovakia 96 Uruguay 96 Portugal 95 Slovenia 95 Israel 94 Romania 94 Bulgaria 93 Ireland 93 Greece 92 Malaysia 92 Thailand 91 Croatia 90 Peru 90Turkey 90 Colombia 89 Indonesia 89 Suriname 89 Brazil 87 Iraq 87Mexico 87 Samoa (Western) 87 Tonga 87 Lebanon 86 Philippines 86 Cuba 85 Morocco 85 Fiji 84 Iran 84 Marshall Islands 84 Puerto Rico 84Egypt 83India 81 Ecuador 80 Guatemala 79 Barbados 78 Nepal 78 Qatar 78 Zambia 77 Congo (Brazz) 73 Uganda 73 Jamaica 72 Kenya 72 South Africa 72 Sudan 72 Tanzania 72 Ghana 71 Nigeria 67 Guinea 66 Zimbabwe 66 Congo (Zaire) 65 Sierra Leone 64 Ethiopia 63 Equatorial Guinea 59

There are many reasons but one big reason is immigration. The U.S. takes in more immigrants than the rest of the world combined and MILLIONS of UNSKILLED and UNEDUCATED illegal immigrants have been sneaking into the U.S. for DECADES. It's starting to show now.

But today’s Democrats, bent on consolidating the Hispanic vote, aren’t likely to seek a lower immigration rate, or a better-educated pool of immigrants. The kind of “comprehensive” immigration reform that liberals support would probably increase low-skilled migration to the United States.

What's a JOKE is the parents of these kids that pay no attention to what they're kids are doing & or could care less. And like YOU--think their kids education problems belong to others.

We also spend more on health care than any other country in the world. In a nation where the football coach is paid far more than the science teacher, what do you expect?

We also spend more on health care than any other country in the world. In a nation where the football coach is paid far more than the science teacher, what do you expect?

When you have one very good school teacher who sends kids home with home work & the parents could care less if their kid does it--you have a failing student--regardless of the pay scale of a teacher. THAT IS A FACT!

Throwing more money at the problem has not helped. We might as well start paying the deliquent parents to help educate their kids--we would get a much better result.

Let's go even farther...if you remove each 'race' but one, our IQ scores shoot up into the Stratosphere. (Hint: that remaining race is NOT the Caucasian one)
It seems that it is a myth that Asians have higher IQs than whites.

Lynn is one of the co-authors of that drivel in the OP, btw.

Facts are now a myth. :lol:

Jeez, people. Just look at standardized test scores by race. It's not too difficult.

Depends on how you look at it really. Percentages, we fall short, but the amount of money we do spend more, from public funds. Private funds are rarely tallied in this, but I would wager we spend a lot more out of pocket for it than anywhere else.

I have two nieces that are elementary school teachers. They will tell you it's not the books--it's not the schools--it's not the education--it's the deliquent--non-caring parents.

Copycat! ;)

Forum List

Back