Why is the DOW still going down?

I don't think so, Wall Street is punishing Obama in kind for not saying what they want him to say.

Besides, I'm not a Democrat and I have already disagreed with Obama several times. However, Republicans and Wall Street would all be smiling and laughing joyfully if this was all tax cuts. So don't give me that bullshit.

Hey dumbass... You do know that when wall street suffers everyone's 401k suffers too right???? It's not just Republicans... Just FYI - A 401k plan is a retirement plan that even some Democrats have.

What an idiot....

This economic downturn has hurt everyone.

And maybe that the best thing about it.

If nothing else it shows, to those willing to see, that IF YOUR NEIGHORS ARE GETTING POORER, SO ARE YOU!

This economy is in the crapper because working people are too poor to sustain it, as they ALWAYS do, from the bottom on the heap.

If you're a well off person who'd been playing the market and were doing well and thinking that the smuchk who brings you coffee's pain was not inevitably going to become your problem to?

Well now you know that you, much like they, are a member of a SOCIETY and your wealth and health and their are both dependent on that SOCIETY's health.

We're not worker bees, but we're not cockroaches, either.

We're human beings and our domination of this planet, and all those toys and happy circumstances SOME OF YOU NITWITS THINK YOU HAVE BECAUSE OF YOU SUPERIOR INTLLIGENCE OR TALENTS don't mean quite so much to your overall well being as you thought they did.

History is going make liberal democrats who understand the value of a mix economy of some of you yet, I'll wager.

I'd rep you, but I have to spread some around first.

What's the connection between a broader economy and a measure of certain stocks in the stock market?
Confidence or a lack of it?

Good point. So it's a sort of barometer?
That makes a lot of sense. Right not there is very little confidence in this stimulus bill. At least half believe it will not meet its goal of stimulating the economy, and will actually make thigs worse. If it had been designed to work both by infusing stimulus by government infusion of dollars, and promoting actual incentives that things would be different for risk takers, say about 50/50, we might've maximized confidence levels amongst the population.

Forum List

Back