My 13 Dollars Per Week

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
I'm taking suggestions on what to do with my new tax savings.

You can go watch Grand Turino... by yourself. :razz:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9dy5yCUxOg]YouTube - Gran Torino - Official Trailer[/ame]

You could go out and buy a box of 357 Mag ammunition. Oh wait BO (the big stink) wants to raise the taxes on that.. never mind.

I'm going to save it all after about 3 years I'll have a one month's mortgage payment. WHOOPIE

but it's really more like 8 dollars a week not 13 so it'll take more like 4 years. HOORAY

Last edited:
I'm taking suggestions on what to do with my new tax savings.

Obviously you missed what that douche, dem congresscritter from Oregon had to say on NPR yesterday. You should be willing to not only give up YOUR $13, but you should be willing to give up everyone else's $13 as well to fix the highways.

From the looks of the things, the oil corporations are already gearing up to pocket that $13. and a bit more.

Won't be nice to get to touch it before handing it off though?:cuckoo:

The theory behind that small amount is, or so I heard yesterday from some talking head, the following.

This small amount is too small to save, so it will show up for many of us as just a few bucks left over that we didn't have before.

To those of us for whom a gallon of milk a couple loaves of bread or a six pack are meaningful, we are likely to spend that money when we have it.

A small help to us, and multiplied by millions of Americans, a rather significant help to the economy.

That's the theory.

I don't advance it as sage, I merely offer it for your consideration.

I'll take it, though.

Quite bluntly, were that money used to create jobs, it would do us all more good than the $13 a week would do any of us. The policies of the previous administrations, and especially the last administration, have created an economic debacle that is already rivaling that of '29. This stimulas package is only the beginning of what will be needed.

Infrastructure, roads, water, grid, are all things that are investments. Down the road, we will get our money back from the use we get out of the infrastructure. The extensions on unemployment are neccessary if we wish to prevent an even greater meltdown as those that did act prudently in home ownership find that they can no longer make payments.

The last administration is the primary architect of the present debacle. Doing more of the same that they did and expecting a differant result, is simply insane. I do not care about tax breaks, except for those on the very bottom of the economic ladder. What I want to see is investment in the energy infrastructure, universal health care, and some real scientific R and D on problems ranging from energy to adapting to the consequences of global warming.

Forum List

Back