Why is Obama visiting unimportant countries when we face dire situations right now?

Mr Shaman, you aren't funny at all.

Mr Shitman isn't human.

computer-animal.jpg

Do this, I implore you:

Today, 11:32 AM
Mr. Shaman
This message is hidden because Mr. Shaman is on your ignore list.

Did it long ago. He's like talking to billboard. No response. Nobody home.

Fiscal cliff looms and the middle east on the verge of all out war. And Obama is in Cambodia? Really?

2 reasons.

1. They are becoming more democratic.

2. They are becoming more wealthy as a result.

Do the math.
Math huh

Then why did we give them 180 million dollars when we're broke? Maybe you should tell the president to do some math.

Fiscal cliff looms and the middle east on the verge of all out war. And Obama is in Cambodia? Really?

2 reasons.

Do the math.
Math huh

Then why did we give them 180 million dollars when we're broke? Maybe you should tell the president to do some math.

Priming the pump?

That area is also rich in resources.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2111.html

Which, by the way, China wants.

obama's visit was to show the world how stupid he is and humiliate the nation. He did a very good job.

Barack Obama blunders again on the world stage – Telegraph Blogs

Really?

Getting on Obama for mispronouncing Asian names after this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTQY1Aw9zcs]Bush Creeps Out German Chancellor, Controversial Footage - YouTube[/ame]

Or how about Poppa?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnOnDatqENo]Bad Sushi - YouTube[/ame]

2 reasons.

Do the math.
Math huh

Priming the pump?

That area is also rich in resources.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2111.html

Which, by the way, China wants.

What happend to the lefts mantra of us priming our own pump instead of wasting money overseas?

obama's visit was to show the world how stupid he is and humiliate the nation. He did a very good job.

Barack Obama blunders again on the world stage – Telegraph Blogs

Really?

Getting on Obama for mispronouncing Asian names after this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTQY1Aw9zcs]Bush Creeps Out German Chancellor, Controversial Footage - YouTube[/ame]

Or how about Poppa?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnOnDatqENo]Bad Sushi - YouTube[/ame]

For being the smartest president to ever hold the office and having lived outside the US for so long he sure seems umprepared.

Maybe he was just too lazy or too high to study. Sort of like the way he prepared for the first debate.

Leave him alone. Y'all are going to have egg on your faces again, when he comes home with his second Peace Prize! The deficit is what's important. Instead of berating the president, how about urging the Hoses Republicans to put together a package we can all live with?

I remember when Bush was devoting 100% of his focus to the war on terrorism. Every single event - whether it was connected to terrorism or not - was fed into this color coded hysteria.

The chances that an American would die in a terrorist event was significantly less than the chances of dying by lightning strike - yet Bush and the Republican media talked about it constantly because it allowed him to mobilize his base and silence his critics: "Don't question the president when we have troops in battle because it gives our enemies strength". Bush wrapped himself in a war against people who didn't even attack us. A great many citizens wondered what we doing fighting Hussein when Bin Laden was on the run.

Even worse. We wondered what we were doing fighting a petty dictator who kept Iran in check. We wondered why he was unlocking a civil war that strengthened Iran's position in Iraq.

And we wondered why we were focusing on Iraq when there was a real nuclear bomb growing at home in the form of a housing bubble. Indeed, people begged Bush to show leadership and get the fed to cool the housing market by lifting the historically unprecedented, artificially low interest rates. Trillions of dollars were pouring into the housing market and creating a bubble that threatened long term damage to the US Economy. People like Dean Baker warned that if the bubble popped, more damage would be done to American families than 15 Muslims with box cutters could ever do. But Bush refused to focus on the bubble. He cared only about Iraq because it helped him pass his policies. He ignored the one of the greatest threats to the U.S. in its history.

So I share the OP's frustration. But I understand why Obama is overseas. If he comes home, they will filibuster him to death. Bush faced 1 filibuster from the Dems, who passed his agenda despite strong disagreement. Obama has faced 248 filibusters, including ones against policies that were originated by the GOP but abandoned when Obama tried to pass them. The GOP has decided they cannot give Obama any legislative victories. To them, he is the enemy and he must fail.

Last edited:
I remember when Bush was devoting 100% of his focus to the war on terrorism. Every single event - whether it was connected to terrorism or not - was fed into this color coded hysteria.

The chances that an American would die in a terrorist event was significantly less than the chances of dying by lightning strike - yet Bush and the Republican media talked about it constantly because it allowed him to mobilize his base and silence his critics: "Don't question the president when we have troops in battle because it gives our enemies strength". Bush wrapped himself in a war against people who didn't even attack us. A great many citizens wondered what we doing fighting Hussein when Bin Laden was on the run.

Even worse. We wondered what we were doing fighting a petty dictator who kept Iran in check. We wondered why he was unlocking a civil war that strengthened Iran's position in Iraq.

And we wondered why we were focusing on Iraq when there was a real nuclear bomb growing at home in the form of a housing bubble. Indeed, people begged Bush to show leadership and get the fed to cool the housing market by lifting the historically unprecedented, artificially low interest rates. Trillions of dollars were pouring into the housing market and creating a bubble that threatened long term damage to the US Economy. People like Dean Baker warned that if the bubble popped, more damage would be done to American families than 15 Muslims with box cutters could ever do. But Bush refused to focus on the bubble. He cared only about Iraq because it helped him pass his policies. He ignored the one of the greatest threats to the U.S. in its history.

So I share the OP's frustration. But I understand why Obama is overseas. If he comes home, they will filibuster him to death. Bush faced 1 filibuster from the Dems, who passed his agenda despite strong disagreement. Obama has faced 248 filibusters, including ones against policies that were originated by the GOP but abandoned when Obama tried to pass them. The GOP has decided they cannot give Obama any legislative victories. To them, he is the enemy and he must fail.
The Dems fillibustered every appointee Bush made so spare me.

Our media decided to make Iraq the focus. First they wanted to make it about dirty air and water but then 9/11 happened. They felt, and so does Obama, that terrorism in the world began and ended with Osama bin Laden. Having fought terrorism myself I can tell you it comes in many forms and many sources.

Saddam was paying suicide bomber's families $25k to kill Israelis. He was treating al Qaeda members that escaped Afghanistan in his hospitals. Saddam destroyed Kuwait. That alone was enough to take him out for me because I saw it on the ground.

Don't forget to mention Bush. Its the number one defense of Obama ya know

He needed to take an Asian vacation to relax before he takes his Hawaiian Christmas vacation.

Visiting a country like Burma, that had, under Obama's watch, got rid of their military junta, and encouraging them to stay on their path to democracy and support of human rights, is a vacation? Perhaps in your pea brain.

Honestly, who cares. It is time to put our country FIRST and fix our house. Is this too much to ask??
Like Bush, Jr. did?

The mistake is in thinking that obama cares anything about this country at all. We exist to serve him.

It was, in a very large part, due to Obama's diplomatic efforts that ended 15 years of a repressive military dictatorship in Burma. You're an asshole.

And yet you lefties still refuse to admit that at least in very large part, it was due to Ronald Reagan's efforts that ended the military dictatorship in the Soviet Union and liberated the nations enslaved by it.

Forum List

Back