Why is it?

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Why is it that it is perfectly acceptable for believers to pen outrageously bigoted things against non-believers while they cry and moan if anyone laughs at their beliefs?

Why is it that it is perfectly acceptable for believers to pen outrageously bigoted things against non-believers while they cry and moan if anyone laughs at their beliefs?

Why is it perfectly acceptable for non-believers to pen outrageously bigoted things against believers while they cry and moan if anyone laughs at their beliefs?

Why laugh at anyone's beliefs?
If they are ludicrous enough, I can't help but laugh. But that's usually only after the person has made a nuisance of themselves trying to convert me to whatever it is they are selling.

Why is it perfectly acceptable for non-believers to pen outrageously bigoted things against believers while they cry and moan if anyone laughs at their beliefs?
Whaaaaah! You said belief when you should have said non belief!!

Actually I don't think anyone has ever laughed at my non belief. They are usually in awe of it. :eusa_whistle:

:lol:

Why is it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know. I've seen it done both ways before. What's your best guess?

Why is it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know. I've seen it done both ways before. What's your best guess?
Some sort of defense mechanism, probably.

I find it interesting that most everyone will laugh at those that believe in alien abductions or scientology...even Christians that get offended if their beliefs are questioned.

Has anyone ever said it was? can we say straw man?

Why do you think it is perfectly acceptable?

Any good Christian should not become crazed when someone questions their religion. A good Christian, someone strong in their faith should sigh, shake their head, and agree to disagree, then disengage from the topic. The reason you get so many crying out is that their religion is being demonized as the reason for pain and suffering in the world, because those who don't believe are not only saying they don't believe but forcing those of faith to learn both beliefs. That there is a God that there isn't, that there life evolved from primordial soup and that all life was created. Their children are practically stoned in school by teachers even for believing in The Bible and not the scientific explinations.

Both sides take a leap of faith to believe because neither has truly hard proof to stand on (please be honest with yourself on that rather than just flaming me for saying it). Both sides should agree to disagree and not try to force their faith on the other because until you die you are never going to know if you were right in your belief or not. People just typically aren't that good at heart and it is sad but that is humanity..

example? of believers saying outrageous , BIGOTED things against non=believers being acceptable, and these same believers bitching and moaning about bigoted actions towards them, pretty please!

I need to understand your concern in a tangible sense!

care

example? of believers saying outrageous , BIGOTED things against non=believers being acceptable, and these same believers bitching and moaning about bigoted actions towards them, pretty please!

I need to understand your concern in a tangible sense!

care
http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/82500-what-if-you-atheists-are-wrong-hmmmm.html

Because non-believers, by definition, don't have beliefs.

Thus, it is impossible to cry and moan about it.

Forum List

Back