Why Is It Still OK To 'Trash' Poor White People?

There are white trash, black trash, red and yellow trash...there are also great people of all color who are great people.

I've been called white trash and trailer trash...back on another forum one old hag used it constantly...until I found out she lived in a double wide in West Virginia....oh boy was that a red letter day on that forum when I dropped the hammer LOL

What is interesting in the article is it attacks the assumption that wealthy, urban, educated, “classy” white people cant be racist but poor, rural, southern white people must be.

Anyone can be racist, someone once asked me if people are born racist, I think it's learned somehow. On here I'm constantly called a racist but I don't judge on skin color, I judge on integrity and character

If I were racist I wouldn't work with our Outreach and I'd struggle with dealing with associates of my husband. Just last weekend we entertained a new associate and his wife, both black and we had a very good time. His future is promising

Anyone can be racist but anyone did not enforce their racism in this nation by making laws but one race.

I've read your posts...be very careful ever labeling anyone a racist

I don't use the the term "trailer trash" because people living in this form of housing may be poor and this is the most form of housing they can afford. However, the term "white trash" implies that the person clearly identifies with being "white," and has racist and hoodlum tendencies. trump and pence are white, are rich, and they clearly have racist and hoodlum tendencies; thus they qualify as as "white trash."

I've had the pleasure of meeting VP Pence, he's in no way "white trash"

In fact I met him at a homeless shelter during a deep freeze that paralyzed the city and he and his wife showed up to help feed at meal time.

What is more racist? White trash? Or redneck?
Redneck also has positive connotations, folks can use it as an emblem of pride. Not so white trash. But both tend to be slurs.
Redneck/white trash are so used to being jeered at and ridiculed just because of their geography that they kind of embrace the terms that are thrown at them.

That's why we call ourselves deplorables, that's why we flaunt the redneck title. The fact of the matter is...letists despise and reject everything we value and honor...so any time they come up with a new name for us that is meant to demean us for things we celebrate, we grab it.

I embraced nasty woman and tree hugger. But that was before Trump. And 47%.

But I find many rightists despise and demean the things I value and celebrate.
Such as..and who?

What is interesting in the article is it attacks the assumption that wealthy, urban, educated, “classy” white people cant be racist but poor, rural, southern white people must be.

Anyone can be racist, someone once asked me if people are born racist, I think it's learned somehow. On here I'm constantly called a racist but I don't judge on skin color, I judge on integrity and character

If I were racist I wouldn't work with our Outreach and I'd struggle with dealing with associates of my husband. Just last weekend we entertained a new associate and his wife, both black and we had a very good time. His future is promising

Anyone can be racist but anyone did not enforce their racism in this nation by making laws but one race.

I don't use the the term "trailer trash" because people living in this form of housing may be poor and this is the most form of housing they can afford. However, the term "white trash" implies that the person clearly identifies with being "white," and has racist and hoodlum tendencies. trump and pence are white, are rich, and they clearly have racist and hoodlum tendencies; thus they qualify as as "white trash."

In fact I met him at a homeless shelter during a deep freeze that paralyzed the city and he and his wife showed up to help feed at meal time.

This doesn't change the fact that this little whore has spent his career trying to screw over women and LGBTs. So some woman thinks its okay for him to screw her. He's still white trash.

Is Coyote actually starting to get it?

Seriously?

If you think I agree with racist views, the propagation of negative stereotypes and racial and cultural demographic fear mongering, you are completely off base.
Yet, you never say a word when the left does it! Case dismissed.
When you ever get around to condemning your own Willow, you might have a point until then...you are just amusing with your repeated jabs.
Not a jab. You would rather concentrate on my use of libtard instead of actual racist terms the left uses. Seriously.

;)

This doesn't change the fact that this little whore has spent his career trying to screw over women and LGBTs. So some woman thinks its okay for him to screw her. He's still white trash.

So says you...and I really don't care. Go bug someone else....I do find it odd someone who cares about women would use the word whore though, sounds like something white trash would say;)

What is more racist? White trash? Or redneck?
Redneck also has positive connotations, folks can use it as an emblem of pride. Not so white trash. But both tend to be slurs.
Redneck/white trash are so used to being jeered at and ridiculed just because of their geography that they kind of embrace the terms that are thrown at them.

That's why we call ourselves deplorables, that's why we flaunt the redneck title. The fact of the matter is...letists despise and reject everything we value and honor...so any time they come up with a new name for us that is meant to demean us for things we celebrate, we grab it.

I embraced nasty woman and tree hugger. But that was before Trump. And 47%.

But I find many rightists despise and demean the things I value and celebrate.
Such as..and who?
Environmental issues, protection on endangered species, religious and cultural tolerance (leftists aren’t to great on that either), diversity, bridges instead of walls, pro-family policies that are inclusive of all families, a good safety net, complete parity on mental health treatment, science based sexual education and free birth control, well you get the picture.

But if someone posted a similar cartoon with a black person...would it be funny...or racist...or offensive?
To me, it all depends on the context. If it’s genuinely intended to be funny, then it’s ok even if it misses the mark. If it’s genuinely intended to be hurtful and hateful, then those people are racist and should be recognized as such.

Food for thought....

When poor (or formerly poor) white folks do get portrayed in the media and pop culture, they're often reduced to a series of offensive stereotypes: that they're angry, lazy, dirty, overweight, sunburned, stupid, racist, alcoholic, abusive, jobless, tacky, diseased, violent, backwards, Bible-thumping and uneducated. Those stereotypes get reinforced over and over again on TV and in movies, as anyone who watched Here Comes Honey Boo Boo or Duck Dynasty will tell you.

other slurs, there has been some reclamation of "white trash" — songs and cookbooks and T-shirts that celebrate white-trash culture. And plenty of people unabashedly refer to themselves as white trash.

But no matter who uses it, the phrase itself reinforces some pretty insidious ideas about the meaning of whiteness (and, by reflection, blackness — we'll get to that in a minute). By accepting the idea that white trash exists, people are tacitly accepting that there is another, different kind of whiteness. Normal white people — the ones who aren't white trash — embody all the things white trash can't: They're hardworking, educated, classy, kind and good.

Anyone who doesn't conform to those values can't ever really be fully white. Hence, white trash.

"The problem with the white trash reference is often ... it becomes an easy way to dismiss a group and to generalize," Isenberg says.
I'd like to invite you to tour any trailer park in Wichita Kansas. I'm afraid it isn't just a stereotype here.

bridges instead of walls,
Coyote, I think you’re a class act overall, but that left-wing talking point is pure bullshit. Unless you’ve removed all locks from your home and placed a large sign in your front yard that says “everyone welcome without exception”, then you are completely full of shit. You believe deeply in walls. You just believe in stealing elections more.

Food for thought....

When poor (or formerly poor) white folks do get portrayed in the media and pop culture, they're often reduced to a series of offensive stereotypes: that they're angry, lazy, dirty, overweight, sunburned, stupid, racist, alcoholic, abusive, jobless, tacky, diseased, violent, backwards, Bible-thumping and uneducated. Those stereotypes get reinforced over and over again on TV and in movies, as anyone who watched Here Comes Honey Boo Boo or Duck Dynasty will tell you.

other slurs, there has been some reclamation of "white trash" — songs and cookbooks and T-shirts that celebrate white-trash culture. And plenty of people unabashedly refer to themselves as white trash.

But no matter who uses it, the phrase itself reinforces some pretty insidious ideas about the meaning of whiteness (and, by reflection, blackness — we'll get to that in a minute). By accepting the idea that white trash exists, people are tacitly accepting that there is another, different kind of whiteness. Normal white people — the ones who aren't white trash — embody all the things white trash can't: They're hardworking, educated, classy, kind and good.

Anyone who doesn't conform to those values can't ever really be fully white. Hence, white trash.

"The problem with the white trash reference is often ... it becomes an easy way to dismiss a group and to generalize," Isenberg says.
I'd like to invite you to tour any trailer park in Wichita Kansas. I'm afraid it isn't just a stereotype here.
Thank you for proving Coyote’s point. Typical racist leftist. :eusa_doh:

Food for thought....

Thank you for proving Coyote’s point. Typical racist leftist. :eusa_doh:
Facts, nothing else. I'm a white guy myself.

bridges instead of walls,
Coyote, I think you’re a class act overall, but that left-wing talking point is pure bullshit. Unless you’ve removed all locks from your home and placed a large sign in your front yard that says “everyone welcome without exception”, then you are completely full of shit. You believe deeply in walls. You just believe in stealing elections more.
The concept of bridges can mean working closely with neighboring countries to enforce good border control on one hand and working with countries from whom these people are fleeing to change the situations driving them to flee. It doesn’t have to mean an open border. But I’m going to derail the thread if I go on :p

;)

So says you...and I really don't care. Go bug someone else....I do find it odd someone who cares about women would use the word whore though, sounds like something white trash would say;)

I use the word "whore" to point out that that it should be applied to men as well as women, and that it is misogynistic to use it any other way. It is meant to signify the lowest of the low from the gutter. Go support your lover.

Is white trash an acceptable slur?
Why yes, evidently it is as you have yet to call them on it. Let’s therefore focus on libtard! What ya say?

I started a thread on it.

Let me know when you do. Case closed. :lol:
Yes but have you seen the libtards line up to use the term white trash? I bet that’s why you started the thread!
Not very many have. You seem to be the one who’s nose is out of joint. Feel free to start your own thread.

;)

I use the word "whore" to point out that that it should be applied to men as well as women, and that it is misogynistic to use it any other way. It is meant to signify the lowest of the low from the gutter. Go support your lover.

You're treading on thin ice here on personal attacks. Take that garbage to the FZ. Better yet I'll just put you in ignore with the rest of the low info no class trolls

The concept of bridges can mean working closely with neighboring countries to enforce good border control on one hand and working with countries from whom these people are fleeing to change the situations driving them to flee. It doesn’t have to mean an open border. But I’m going to derail the thread if I go on :p
That is “nation building”. The left lost their shit about Bush doing that. Now the left is suggesting we do that?

Forum List

Back