why is it so important to prove god does not exist.....

Except for the ones who were burnt to death.

You act lie death is the end. It's not its just the beginning of the next stage.

If there was no life after death, you might have a point.

This is where you lose ground, many do not believe there is a life after, while I myself believe in the "it's just another step" this is not the only belief out there. However that still does not excuse any such acts as taking the life of someone innocent for any reason.

ROFLMNAO... Many don't believe that rights come with responbilities...

More absurd ad populum nonsense...

Ava has no obligation to stroke the beliefs of every person on this board; such beliefs are irrelevant.

To say Israel fights a holy war is an error. For the most part the people of Israel are fighting for self preservation. It's certain nut cases claiming superior rights and calling for the detruction of Israel and America who are making that claim of it being a holy war that they are fighting when in fact there is nothing holy about destroying human life.

As for Milosevic and his goons mass murdering Muslims or anyone else who got in his way. Those people being slaughtered were not fighting a holy war they were being eliminated by some nut cases who made claims to being superior. If they were able to fight back it was a self defense measure. Not under some guise of it being holy.

Ok, conceded. But I think that were you to ask the ethnic Albanians and Muslims they would've told you that they DID fight a holy war.

And the same were you to ask the Palestinians who had their home and holyland taken from them by the Christian Western powers after WWII.

well.....seems odd in america a country partly founded by people fleeing religious persecution with laws protecting us from a government run by the church or a church run by the government and laws protecting ones right to practice whatever religion one wants....

that there are people that seek to denigrate people that believe in god and seem bent on trying to prove god doesn't exist......

why do some of you feel so compelled......

Why do some people feel compelled to push their vision of Diety on others? I find the question of the existance of a Diety philosophically interesting, but of little real use. If a Diety does exist, the chance that someone of our limited intellects could even begin to understand his intentions and reasons is nil. If a Diety does not exist, we are still on our own.

well.....seems odd in america a country partly founded by people fleeing religious persecution with laws protecting us from a government run by the church or a church run by the government and laws protecting ones right to practice whatever religion one wants....

that there are people that seek to denigrate people that believe in god and seem bent on trying to prove god doesn't exist......

why do some of you feel so compelled......

Why do some people feel compelled to push their vision of Diety on others? I find the question of the existance of a Diety philosophically interesting, but of little real use. If a Diety does exist, the chance that someone of our limited intellects could even begin to understand his intentions and reasons is nil. If a Diety does not exist, we are still on our own.
I agree we have limited intellects concerning God and the creation. For some it is by choice, others by nature.

There is a fine line between what someone may consider pushing and others consider being informative. One could used the same analogy to describe anything. We may understand preservation or conservation of resources and we wish to share that with another so that we may define to them our concerns or knowledge of the proper use of these limited resources. They may consider that being pushy??? The same goes for those who have been given a gift of life from God.

The best dog I ever had trained the other dogs how to behave. People are the same they learn from one another.

Why is it you seem to think that just because people share their beliefs they are forcing something on you?

And if God can does exist, why would you think that He cant explain Himself in a way we understand?

Forum List

Back