why is it so important to prove god does not exist.....

How many christians can't live their PERSONAL christian lives because an atheist doesn't like what you do behind your closed door?

The fact is nothing is behind closed doors when you take it to the public. In that you open the door for public scrutiny. Call me a prude if you like but people need to keep their personal lives private if they do not want it to be publicly scrutinized.

If someone shows you their ass in public and bitches about it when someone tells them it is an ugly thing that is too bad!

you asked specifically why is it so important to prove god does not exist..... and you've been given specific, detailed answers relating to faith based cultural marginalization. And, clearly you associate with a jewish mythology or you would not be so rabid about the side stepping excuses for the powers behind prop 8 and the like.

any more questions?

:eusa_angel:

you should read my posts more closely ... i stated that i was aware of who financed which side of the prop 8 argument.....and since you think so clearly....which way did i vote....and tell me why do you want to abolish the practice of religion in a country that was founded on the idea that you could practice whatever religion you want .....when you make religion illegal what will be the punishment for still believing in god....and lastly how do you plan to prove to those that believe that they shouldn't believe.....

I never said anything about banning religion. Way to Jump the Shark, buddy! :thup: quote me if you can!

After all, banning religion would make me as bad as your kind. What I"VE states is that you have no religious right to diminish the personal rights of any other American. By all means, when you are at church or at home don't' go and suck a dick if you don't believe in gay unions. But, when you launch into a war against homos and confuse religious freedom with Cultural domination then you make yourself the same kind of target that the Klan became.

I really don't care what you believe, dude. THAT is the major difference between people like me and dogma junkies. I could really care less if you believe in a jewish zombie or the salvation found in your dogs asshole. As long as you are not trying to piss on our American rights as if you own the fucking yard we all play in we'll be A-ok. But, again, thats not how you people expect to manifest your "faith" now is it?

so religion existing is just fine .....as long as they don't vote any way other than how you believe is correct.....

it made a direct association between voting democrat and the threat of hell. For real, dude. Did you say you are a lawyer?

non-believers are not the issue here. Dogma junkies and their marching orders are. Did you think you were posting in a thread asking why it's important to prove that the FSM doesn't exist?

aren't non-believers that want to eliminate and or silence religon dogma junkies in their own right.....
not at all. How many non-believers are out vocally trying to restrict your PERSONAL christian choices in any way, shape or form? How many christians can't live their PERSONAL christian lives because an atheist doesn't like what you do behind your closed door? I HOPE that you fucking cry about prayer in schools and other methods of dogma junkie pusher behaviour, dude. I really do.

based on what you have posted you would like to restrict them from voicing their opinion or voting on gay marriage.....

"why is it so important to prove god does not exist..... "

You can't prove a negative so I don't think you can prove that God does not exist.

However, the proof or lack thereof of God would have enormous ramifications for society, from reasons to go to war to scientific inquiry to the calendar.

"why is it so important to prove god does not exist..... "

You can't prove a negative so I don't think you can prove that God does not exist.

However, the proof or lack thereof of God would have enormous ramifications for society, from reasons to go to war to scientific inquiry to the calendar.

i don't think it would .... i think even if you could "prove" it .... believers would still believe .... they always have and always will .... no matter how many you kill torture or persecute.....

i don't think it would .... i think even if you could "prove" it .... believers would still believe .... they always have and always will .... no matter how many you kill torture or persecute.....

Yeah, even though the believers have done more torturing, killing, and persecuting than the nonbelievers.

And Stalin didn't kill people for believing in God. Mao Tse Tung didn't either. They killed them because Stalin and General Mao were insane. Its like saying that we fought the Nazis because they didn't believe in Christianity. They didn't, but that's not why we fought them. And added together with the Kamir Rouge, etc. they still haven't killed, tortured, or persecuted as many believers as monotheistic religions have nonbelievers.

Yeah, even though the believers have done more torturing, killing, and persecuting than the nonbelievers.

And Stalin didn't kill people for believing in God. Mao Tse Tung didn't either. They killed them because Stalin and General Mao were insane. Its like saying that we fought the Nazis because they didn't believe in Christianity. They didn't, but that's not why we fought them. And added together with the Kamir Rouge, etc. they still haven't killed, tortured, or persecuted as many believers as monotheistic religions have nonbelievers.

so the non-belivers of the last 1/2 century get a pass for killing millions ..... but christians who haven't done shit in what 500 years are still guility .....

so the non-belivers of the last 1/2 century get a pass for killing millions ..... but christians who haven't done shit in what 500 years are still guility .....

It has been more recent than 500 years, maybe 100 years for last big one they were involved in as a large number (still nowhere near enough to blame all of them). But I won't argue your point because it is very valid.

Belief is a funny thing, isn't it? Clearly, the placebo effect isn't real because mani doesn't want to consider the results despite a lack of medicine. My disbelief doesn't prohibit dogma junkies from acting on their belief, dude. real or not.

Way to miss the point. :thup:

But hey, Rev. Phelps thinks God sent us Katrina because of the fags. According to Shogun, if Rev Phelps "thinks" it's true, then it is. :rofl:

Do you REALLY think that Fred Phelps DOESN'T THINK THAT IT'S TRUE?

Of course he does. :cuckoo:

But just like you thinking a woman can be half-pregnant, it doesn't make it so. :lol:

Nobody gets a pass for killing anybody. What is important, however, is why they killed millions. If it is in the name of religion, then they should be held to account for it.

So, it's better to believe in something that can't be proven? Based on nothing more than sentiment and wishes. Who needs proof anymore. If it makes you happy, and you don't use religion as an excuse to crash planes into buildings or go on crusades and all that, then...GOD bless you.

Nobody gets a pass for killing anybody. What is important, however, is why they killed millions. If it is in the name of religion, then they should be held to account for it.

how do you hold dead people accountable.....believers and non-belivers have killed millions because of their beliefs.....evil people are evil....people have been killed because they believe...because they don't believe....atheists and popes have commited genocide.....

still don't get why it is important to prove god doesn't exist.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is." ~ Albert Camus

I would rather live my life and let god (if god exists) , worry about the details. And if not, what does it matter?

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is." ~ Albert Camus

I would rather live my life and let god (if god exists) , worry about the details. And if not, what does it matter?

how you choose to live your life matters.....

I gave up religion a long time ago. I am reminded of a saying : I don't know which is scarier: Either EVERYTHING or NOTHING matters. I gave up religion for lent, and stopped caring about metaphysics because it doesn't make life better or pay the bills.

how do you hold dead people accountable.....believers and non-belivers have killed millions because of their beliefs.....evil people are evil....people have been killed because they believe...because they don't believe....atheists and popes have commited genocide.....

still don't get why it is important to prove god doesn't exist.....

I'm not saying God doesn't exist. I'm a Christian, albeit a lazy one.

However, if God did not exist, I would want to know.

So, it's better to believe in something that can't be proven? Based on nothing more than sentiment and wishes. Who needs proof anymore. If it makes you happy, and you don't use religion as an excuse to crash planes into buildings or go on crusades and all that, then...GOD bless you.

no. its better to actually seek truth and to learn through divine revelation.

I gave up religion a long time ago. I am reminded of a saying : I don't know which is scarier: Either EVERYTHING or NOTHING matters. I gave up religion for lent, and stopped caring about metaphysics because it doesn't make life better or pay the bills.

its never good to give up learning. You never get anywhere if you do.

Forum List

Back