Why is Building the Wall Wrong?

Protecting our border crossings hurts the anti-American Democrats

It hurts anyone who loves freedom. But I guess scoring points in your partisan pissing match is more important.
------------------------------- not worried about 'mexicans' and 'otm' freedom . They are slaves in their home lands after 500 years of being conquered and then Ruled over by the 'WHITE male 'euro-peon' spaniard' . [chuckle]

It hurts anyone who loves freedom. But I guess scoring points in your partisan pissing match is more important.

Did know that all countries control their border crossings?
Did you know that all countries control their immigration?
The reason why the Democrats are stopping the border wall is because it hurts their goal to turn America in to third world left wing banana republic dictatorship.
BTW Schumer and Pelosi are yooog liars.

Is that Reagan on your avi? Do you really appreciate the irony there?

Regardless of the revenue source, congress must fund it. The president can't just look under a rock and say, Look, I found 35 billion dollars. I'm going to building a wall."
Revenue for any project is always an issue but the overriding issue is do we want it, not what it cost. 70% of the American public say the wall is not a priority and over half say it should not build. There is opposition in congress among republicans not just democrats.

We should not built the wall, not because of the cost but because it's not practical. Even the most optimistic estimates put the time to complete the wall as 15 years, but 20 would be more realistic since a republican congress has never put any money in budget for it. If you think that's nuts, remember it took 6 years to complete 500 miles of a fence and the fencing project was far simpler than the Trump wall and had much less opposition. Long before the wall is finished, immigration, national priorities, and ideology of the parties will have shifted along with funding of the wall.

When we enter into a project of this size we should be looking at the future, not the past. The number of illegal immigrants in the US have been falling since 2008. With economic improvements in Mexico, particular the growing shortage of farm labor, it is quite likely that the illegal immigration problem will solve itself.

Years ago I was listening to the radio when the host was interviewing Marlo Thomas. Marlo was a 70's actress who starred in a show and the daughter of a very famous actor by the name of Danny Thomas. She was promoting her book on advancing in life. In her book she interviewed a Doctor and her path to becoming a clinician.

The Doctor said she attended college and became a teacher. After some years of teaching, she became a little depressed about the career she chose. Her father realized something was wrong, and she told him of her thoughts. So he asked what is it she'd really like to do? She said she'd really like to be a medical doctor. So he suggested that she do just that! She told her father she was stuck in this career, and by the time she'd get out of college, she would be 42 years old. He looked at her and said "Well you're going to be 42 anyway!" On her fathers advice, she became a doctor and has never been happier.

This migrant problem isn't going away anytime soon no matter what you speculate. There will always be desperate people south of us, gang members who want to get in, terrorists looking for an easy way to sneak in, and people that want to take our money and send it back home. 10 or 15 years? It's going to be 10 or 15 years no matter what we do, so there is no time like the present to get started. Because every year that wall is being built, our border becomes more secure.
I agree the migrant problem will not go away, nor should it. The world's getting smaller everyday with better transportation, better communication, and globalization which are going to increase the mobility of populations. What will decrease is the number of illegal immigrants in the US. Improved conditions in Mexico and Central America, better border security, enforcement of visa expiration, more work permits, and revamping the asylum laws will cut illegal immigration to a trickle with or without the Trump wall.

You can do all those things and more, but it's not going to stop everybody and you can't expect South and Central America to jump to the 21st century all at once.

I for one am all for the US sending troops to Mexico to wipe out the drug lords and organizations. That would give the people more control over their government and country. It would greatly reduce the drug flow into our country, so it's a two for one deal.

If we nuke GM maybe people won't have cars any more. Nice try, but no cigar. The drug cartels exist because Americans have an insatiable appetite for drugs.

It's satiable enough. The issue is prohibition. It doesn't work.
Prohibition does not work in a affluent society or community because it makes the desired substance more costly and we associate high cost with value. So if a substance is considerable valuable it stimulates desire for it.

However, it does work in poverty ridden areas simply because the higher cost puts the substance beyond the reach of the poor.

This is what happened during prohibition in the US in the 1920's. Public drunkenness, Cirrhosis, and violence related to alcohol consumption dropped in poor areas and remained the same or increased in more affluent areas.

also , seems to me that if they were that Agreesive they woulda kicked the azzez of the 'white man spaniards' that have been ruling over them for the last 500 years PHiron .
Whites came during a perfect storm or they would have been slaughtered. They came at a time where their gods were supposed to visit them. Basically they just laid down and were conquered because they thought the Spaniards were gods. Not to mention the diseases that whites carry wiped out a large portion of the population.

Hernán Cortés: Conqueror of the Aztecs

"Unbeknownst to Cortés, his arrival coincided with an important Aztecprophecy. The Aztec god Quetzalcoatl, whom they credited with the creation of humans among other notable feats, was set to return to Earth. Thinking that Cortés could be Quetzalcoatl, Montezuma greeted the party with great honor.

Montezuma sent out envoys to meet the conquistador as he neared. The Aztecs were fascinated by the Spaniards' light skin and the sight of men on horseback, which they described as beasts with two heads and six legs. The Spanish fired shots, which stunned the natives and further intimidated them."
------------------------------ intimidated them eh Ace --- Plus the aztecs as one tribe weren't too smart eh . Plus i think that the 'spaniard' took over the whole of mexico and most of south america was also taken over by the White Male spaniard . Guess it all boils down to a whole buncha 'INTIMIDATED' indians eh Ace . [chuckle]

Last edited:
also , seems to me that if they were that Agreesive they woulda kicked the azzez of the 'white man spaniards' that have been ruling over them for the last 500 years PHiron .
Whites came during a perfect storm or they would have been slaughtered. They came at a time where their gods were supposed to visit them. Basically they just laid down and were conquered because they thought the Spaniards were gods. Not to mention the diseases that whites carry wiped out a large portion of the population.

Hernán Cortés: Conqueror of the Aztecs

"Unbeknownst to Cortés, his arrival coincided with an important Aztecprophecy. The Aztec god Quetzalcoatl, whom they credited with the creation of humans among other notable feats, was set to return to Earth. Thinking that Cortés could be Quetzalcoatl, Montezuma greeted the party with great honor.

Montezuma sent out envoys to meet the conquistador as he neared. The Aztecs were fascinated by the Spaniards' light skin and the sight of men on horseback, which they described as beasts with two heads and six legs. The Spanish fired shots, which stunned the natives and further intimidated them."
------------------------------ intimidated them eh Ace --- Plus the aztecs as one tribe weren't too smart eh . Plus i think that the 'spaniard' took over the whole of mexico and most of south america was also taken over by the White Male spaniard , Guess it all boils down to a whole buncha 'INTIMIDATED' indians eh Ace . [chuckle]
More like out gunned and subject to catching unknown diseases like small pox carried by white boys. :rolleyes:

but my point is that the 'spanish' conquest was what , about 500 years ago and if these indian people are so aggressive , why haven't they killed the White male spaniard and instituted good government in mexico Ace and PHIron .

but my point is that the 'spanish' conquest was what , about 500 years ago and if these indian people are so aggressive , why haven't they killed the White male spaniard and instituted good government in mexico Ace and PHIron .
Its not a good thing to be aggressive like white boys. It only makes you like them.

Regardless of the revenue source, congress must fund it. The president can't just look under a rock and say, Look, I found 35 billion dollars. I'm going to building a wall."
Revenue for any project is always an issue but the overriding issue is do we want it, not what it cost. 70% of the American public say the wall is not a priority and over half say it should not build. There is opposition in congress among republicans not just democrats.

We should not built the wall, not because of the cost but because it's not practical. Even the most optimistic estimates put the time to complete the wall as 15 years, but 20 would be more realistic since a republican congress has never put any money in budget for it. If you think that's nuts, remember it took 6 years to complete 500 miles of a fence and the fencing project was far simpler than the Trump wall and had much less opposition. Long before the wall is finished, immigration, national priorities, and ideology of the parties will have shifted along with funding of the wall.

When we enter into a project of this size we should be looking at the future, not the past. The number of illegal immigrants in the US have been falling since 2008. With economic improvements in Mexico, particular the growing shortage of farm labor, it is quite likely that the illegal immigration problem will solve itself.

Years ago I was listening to the radio when the host was interviewing Marlo Thomas. Marlo was a 70's actress who starred in a show and the daughter of a very famous actor by the name of Danny Thomas. She was promoting her book on advancing in life. In her book she interviewed a Doctor and her path to becoming a clinician.

The Doctor said she attended college and became a teacher. After some years of teaching, she became a little depressed about the career she chose. Her father realized something was wrong, and she told him of her thoughts. So he asked what is it she'd really like to do? She said she'd really like to be a medical doctor. So he suggested that she do just that! She told her father she was stuck in this career, and by the time she'd get out of college, she would be 42 years old. He looked at her and said "Well you're going to be 42 anyway!" On her fathers advice, she became a doctor and has never been happier.

This migrant problem isn't going away anytime soon no matter what you speculate. There will always be desperate people south of us, gang members who want to get in, terrorists looking for an easy way to sneak in, and people that want to take our money and send it back home. 10 or 15 years? It's going to be 10 or 15 years no matter what we do, so there is no time like the present to get started. Because every year that wall is being built, our border becomes more secure.
I agree the migrant problem will not go away, nor should it. The world's getting smaller everyday with better transportation, better communication, and globalization which are going to increase the mobility of populations. What will decrease is the number of illegal immigrants in the US. Improved conditions in Mexico and Central America, better border security, enforcement of visa expiration, more work permits, and revamping the asylum laws will cut illegal immigration to a trickle with or without the Trump wall.

You can do all those things and more, but it's not going to stop everybody and you can't expect South and Central America to jump to the 21st century all at once.

I for one am all for the US sending troops to Mexico to wipe out the drug lords and organizations. That would give the people more control over their government and country. It would greatly reduce the drug flow into our country, so it's a two for one deal.

If we nuke GM maybe people won't have cars any more. Nice try, but no cigar. The drug cartels exist because Americans have an insatiable appetite for drugs.

It's satiable enough. The issue is prohibition. It doesn't work.

That is what they hope to accomplish with a border wall. That is why we need to focus on rehabilitation and getting those people back into the workforce.

guess that Cortez had about 500 soldiers against millions of 'indian aztecs' and yeah GUNS . As far as disease , maybe but thats speculation but i won't argue . Yeah , white male Cortez and his 500 White male invaders kicked 'aztec' and other tribes azz about 500 years ago and White male spaniards still rule over 'mexico' and much of south america today Ace .

Last edited:
It’s a waste of money . If the goal is to address illegal immigration, then that money is better spent in other ways .

More ins agents , more immigrantion courts , more judges . More enforcement vs companies who hire illegals . That’s a better use if the money .
Is giving 10 billion in charity to Central American shitholes from the American Taxpayer a waste of money?

guess that Cortez had about 500 soldiers against millions of 'indian aztecs' and yeah GUNS . As far as disease , maybe but thats speculation but i won't argue . Yeah , white male Cortez and his 500 White male invaders kicked 'aztec' and other tribes azz about 500 years ago and White male spaniards still rule over 'mexico' and much of south america today Ace .
Too bad like in so many other cases whites males cant survive a level playing field due to their genetic weaknesses. :rolleyes:

Too bad like in so many other cases whites males cant survive a level playing field due to their genetic weaknesses. :rolleyes:
What color is the sky in your world? Blacks only do well when they live in the white man's world.

WTF does building a wall have to to with freedom? It won't be built to keep Americans in, it will be built to keep foreigners out.

Just can't get enough of all the liars around here saying they are against the wall because of cost..... LIARS!!!!

-Geaux

and Whites did similar in 'africa' and every where else in the World despite any weakness Ace .

If there are no drugs to take, you lose that appetite real quick.

Is that why drug addicts say they are still addicts after ten years of abstinence?

All depends on how long they've been hooked. My cousins kid started when he was 15 years old. He tried it because it was available and "the cool" thing to do. She buried him two years ago at the age of 28.

I didn't have that opportunity to experiment because as I stated, it wasn't around when I was a teen back in the 70's. Plenty of pot, but nothing hard. Maybe if it was around when I was a kid, you might be having this discussion with somebody else because I wouldn't be here.

If we can't help the people already hooked, then the least we can do is take efforts to make sure others don't. That's the point I'm trying to make.

You don't realize it, but you're beginning to agree with what I'm saying. If we stop the flow of drugs by forcing the government to get out of the drug business and IF we prescribed drugs as the LAST option, not the first, we'd be making progress.

Then we have to repeal National ID, E-Verify, and background checks while helping people get rehabilitated so they get a second chance.

When they are in the workforce, there is less demand for foreign labor and no need for drug cartels to exist.

I don't know what one as to do with the other. What does other preventative measures to stop illegal immigration have to do with Americans using opioids?

The government is not in the drug business. The government regulates most narcotics to be prescribed and purchased legally. As for people becoming addicted, they are already taking measures for that. Millions of Americans now have to live in pain because Doctors are scared to death to use opioid products now. I know a few people personally that are suffering myself. Yet last year, we hit another record of opioid deaths at over 70,000 Americans.

Just can't get enough of all the liars around here saying they are against the wall because of cost..... LIARS!!!!

-Geaux

And their insistence that they've been brainwashed to believe that a wall won't work, even though it's worked in most every other place that has one.

Care to give us a few examples of what you're talking about?

Forum List

Back