Why is Building the Wall Wrong?

If we nuke GM maybe people won't have cars any more. Nice try, but no cigar. The drug cartels exist because Americans have an insatiable appetite for drugs.

If there are no drugs to take, you lose that appetite real quick.

Is that why drug addicts say they are still addicts after ten years of abstinence?

All depends on how long they've been hooked. My cousins kid started when he was 15 years old. He tried it because it was available and "the cool" thing to do. She buried him two years ago at the age of 28.

I didn't have that opportunity to experiment because as I stated, it wasn't around when I was a teen back in the 70's. Plenty of pot, but nothing hard. Maybe if it was around when I was a kid, you might be having this discussion with somebody else because I wouldn't be here.

If we can't help the people already hooked, then the least we can do is take efforts to make sure others don't. That's the point I'm trying to make.

You don't realize it, but you're beginning to agree with what I'm saying. If we stop the flow of drugs by forcing the government to get out of the drug business and IF we prescribed drugs as the LAST option, not the first, we'd be making progress.

Then we have to repeal National ID, E-Verify, and background checks while helping people get rehabilitated so they get a second chance.

When they are in the workforce, there is less demand for foreign labor and no need for drug cartels to exist.

I don't know what one as to do with the other. What does other preventative measures to stop illegal immigration have to do with Americans using opioids?

The government is not in the drug business. The government regulates most narcotics to be prescribed and purchased legally. As for people becoming addicted, they are already taking measures for that. Millions of Americans now have to live in pain because Doctors are scared to death to use opioid products now. I know a few people personally that are suffering myself. Yet last year, we hit another record of opioid deaths at over 70,000 Americans.

The government IS in the drug business. Your failure to understand that does not make it any less true.

Once you get people off of drugs, rehabilitate them and restrict their records unless an employer can show cause for them being relevant to the job, they can go back to the workforce.

If a person is working instead of doing drugs, they will have a job and a foreigner will not. The more people working instead of doing drugs, the less need for cartels. This aint rocket science.

just a question but is 'stacy abrams' got her old job making beds and cleaning toilets at the old 'in and out' motel somewhere in Georgia Ace . :afro:

If there are no drugs to take, you lose that appetite real quick.

Is that why drug addicts say they are still addicts after ten years of abstinence?

All depends on how long they've been hooked. My cousins kid started when he was 15 years old. He tried it because it was available and "the cool" thing to do. She buried him two years ago at the age of 28.

I didn't have that opportunity to experiment because as I stated, it wasn't around when I was a teen back in the 70's. Plenty of pot, but nothing hard. Maybe if it was around when I was a kid, you might be having this discussion with somebody else because I wouldn't be here.

If we can't help the people already hooked, then the least we can do is take efforts to make sure others don't. That's the point I'm trying to make.

You don't realize it, but you're beginning to agree with what I'm saying. If we stop the flow of drugs by forcing the government to get out of the drug business and IF we prescribed drugs as the LAST option, not the first, we'd be making progress.

Then we have to repeal National ID, E-Verify, and background checks while helping people get rehabilitated so they get a second chance.

When they are in the workforce, there is less demand for foreign labor and no need for drug cartels to exist.

I don't know what one as to do with the other. What does other preventative measures to stop illegal immigration have to do with Americans using opioids?

The government is not in the drug business. The government regulates most narcotics to be prescribed and purchased legally. As for people becoming addicted, they are already taking measures for that. Millions of Americans now have to live in pain because Doctors are scared to death to use opioid products now. I know a few people personally that are suffering myself. Yet last year, we hit another record of opioid deaths at over 70,000 Americans.

The government IS in the drug business. Your failure to understand that does not make it any less true.

Once you get people off of drugs, rehabilitate them and restrict their records unless an employer can show cause for them being relevant to the job, they can go back to the workforce.

If a person is working instead of doing drugs, they will have a job and a foreigner will not. The more people working instead of doing drugs, the less need for cartels. This aint rocket science.

And obviously you know few if any addicts. If you did, you'd realize that rehabilitation doesn't work on most people for a prolonged period of time. The real solution is not to give them the ability to purchase illegal opioid products in the first place.

An employer does not have access to an applicants medical records. Unless you were talking about criminal records, but you didn't make that clear.

-------------------------- CRUTCH , who or what was the CRUTCH Ace ??
Guns and diseases. :rolleyes:
-------------------------------------- Guns were in the possession the White man . Why should he use SPEARS when the goal is to kill enemies Ace ?? The Conquered weren't SMART enough to make their own guns Ace .
Lies, guns, and diseases were in the possession of the white man. He wouldnt use spears because he had his crutches which gave him an advantage. Making guns is not smart. Its only violent like white people. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's the real problem in this country, all those violent white people.
I see you and I agree. Its about time. :rolleyes:

Sure I do, because statistics don't lie.

Guns and diseases. :rolleyes:
-------------------------------------- Guns were in the possession the White man . Why should he use SPEARS when the goal is to kill enemies Ace ?? The Conquered weren't SMART enough to make their own guns Ace .
Lies, guns, and diseases were in the possession of the white man. He wouldnt use spears because he had his crutches which gave him an advantage. Making guns is not smart. Its only violent like white people. :rolleyes:

True. Stats dont lie but people do. Whites commit the vast majority of violent crime. The only category they dont lead in is homicide. :rolleyes:

True. Stats dont lie but people do. Whites commit the vast majority of violent crime. The only category they dont lead in is homicide. :rolleyes:

Given the fact whites are five times the population of blacks, that surprises you? Now let's talk per capita, and you'll have a different discussion.

Given the fact whites are five times the population of blacks, that surprises you? Now let's talk per capita, and you'll have a different discussion.
Nothing about whites and violence surprises me. The only thing that kinda surprises me is how you glorify in violence then turn around and claim youre not violent. :rolleyes:

Nothing about whites and violence surprises me. The only thing that kinda surprises me is how you glorify in violence then turn around and claim youre not violent. :rolleyes:

Yup, you do have that racist stench.

You must have been in the rain. Thats your wet dog smell. :rolleyes:

You must have been in the rain. Thats your wet dog smell. :rolleyes:

What a surprise, you've been doing it so long you can't tell the difference.

Looks like you have priorities.
3n9pnnsbkb521.jpg

We are much, MUCH less violent than blacks or hispanics. Less rapes, less murders, less physical assaults, just much less violent general.

Looks like you have priorities.
3n9pnnsbkb521.jpg

What a surprise, you want something else for free.

And obviously you know few if any addicts. If you did, you'd realize that rehabilitation doesn't work on most people for a prolonged period of time. The real solution is not to give them the ability to purchase illegal opioid products in the first place.

An employer does not have access to an applicants medical records. Unless you were talking about criminal records, but you didn't make that clear.

Just because people do not agree with you does not mean they lack experience. My experience IS working with addicts of all kinds. My experience is includes working with social agencies associated with the government. Now, it is working with a ministry that tries to help those who want to rise above it.

Rehabilitation must be part of the process and it never stops. You would realize that if you had carefully read all my posts on this thread. But, our main objective should be to get those off the drugs and productive so that they do not influence another generation. Drug abuse and alcoholism - as with most addictions are generational.

When people have a criminal record, as the overwhelming majority of addicts do, employers know by the charges that person was convicted of. A two year old pot conviction is irrelevant if a person wants to work for Mickey Ds, cut your grass or stock groceries on a shelf. It might be relevant if that person is entrusted with your children or operating a tractor trailer.

but my point is that the 'spanish' conquest was what , about 500 years ago and if these indian people are so aggressive , why haven't they killed the White male spaniard and instituted good government in mexico Ace and PHIron .
but my point is that the 'spanish' conquest was what , about 500 years ago and if these indian people are so aggressive , why haven't they killed the White male spaniard and instituted good government in mexico Ace and PHIron .
With the help of the Aztecs' native rivals, Cortes mounted an offensive against Tenochtitlan, the heart of the Aztec empire, now Mexico City finally defeating Cuauhtemoc's resistance on August 13, 1521. In all, some 240,000 people were believed to have died in the city's conquest, which effectively ended the Aztec civilization. Cortes did not want to contend with uprising among the Aztecs so he wiped them out. There were a number of other native civilizations but none were as advanced as the Aztecs. The Aztec Empire was the jewel of Mexico, rich farm land, marvelous buildings, and rich silver mines to the north.

The colony of New Spain thrived. Shiploads of Spanish immigrants brought doctors, lawyers, artists, builders, and priests. Society in New Spain was a hierarchical cast system. Those at top had the most civil rights and those at bottom had the least. Native Americans became the workers that supported society, working the ranches, farms, and factories. Native Americans were never slaves but they were at the bottom of the social scale and most live in poverty. Eventually there was mixing of races, cultures, and languages but the Spanish culture dominated.

Just because people do not agree with you does not mean they lack experience. My experience IS working with addicts of all kinds. My experience is includes working with social agencies associated with the government. Now, it is working with a ministry that tries to help those who want to rise above it.

Rehabilitation must be part of the process and it never stops. You would realize that if you had carefully read all my posts on this thread. But, our main objective should be to get those off the drugs and productive so that they do not influence another generation. Drug abuse and alcoholism - as with most addictions are generational.

When people have a criminal record, as the overwhelming majority of addicts do, employers know by the charges that person was convicted of. A two year old pot conviction is irrelevant if a person wants to work for Mickey Ds, cut your grass or stock groceries on a shelf. It might be relevant if that person is entrusted with your children or operating a tractor trailer.

Your lack of experience is overt by your statement of treatment. Treatment doesn't work in most cases. Out of all the people I know (or acquainted with) I have yet to meet one who totally recovered from drug abuse. It may work for a short time: a month, a few months, perhaps a year or so, but it seldom works long term.

Furthermore it is not generational. My mother was an alcoholic. While I love my beer, it hardly stands in my way to be a productive member of society, hold down a job, or maintain my investments. I had a late Uncle who was a severe alcoholic and gambler. None of his three children touch alcohol and have no desire to gamble.

What gets some people on drugs is the availability. It often starts at a young age usually through peer pressure. That's what took place with tobacco products when I was younger. The kids who wanted acceptance from the cool kids took up smoking so as not to be left out. However tobacco products were readily available to virtually anybody. That would not have been the case if cigarettes were not legal in this country at the time.

Nobody goes to prison over pot, and very few are in prison for selling it. Those who are in prison are locked up for a related (more serious) crime. But when it comes to opioids which is much more addictive, an employer has the right to know who he or she is hiring due to the likelihood they may return to drug usage. My policy as a landlord is not to rent to felons; particularly those who used drugs in the past. Last time I rented to one of those people, they nearly burned down my house which cost over $85,000 to rebuild, and the insurance company canceled the policies on all my rental properties. I had to wait three years before any other insurance company would allow me to purchase a plan. Don't you think I have the right to know if another applicant in the future used hard narcotics?

Forum List

Back