Why I don't own a 21st century vehicle...

Video speaks for itself...

"Ford focus...ever checked your air filter?

I reckon not..."

Nope... That ain't it... let me move the headlight...

... Yeah... You've got to go through the wheel well...

Nope, you have to replace the whole box...
Some things sound goofy as hell, and that air filter is one of them, but it wasn't that long ago that a car's engine was worn out at 100,000 miles. They are just broke in at that mileage now days.

I've seen many cars that only have electric windows now. What's up with that???? Oh yeah, now I get it, they can ding you hundreds o bux when the motors crap out.

Thats like the 74 Mustang I had as a kid.
You had to remove the water pump to change the thermostat.
Total clusterfuck!

I had a '77 Mustang from '80 to '87. Worst car I ever owned. Wife hated it. She loved it when we bought it. That was one of the reasons we bought it. Then the car started to hate her. Wouldn't start for 5 mornings in a row. Then I'd come home and on Saturday morning it would start right up.

And that 4 cylinder engine? I swear it was made by Briggs & Stratton. It couldn't get out of its own way. If you had the a/c on, there was no passing gear. I haven't owned a Ford since.

Some things sound goofy as hell, and that air filter is one of them, but it wasn't that long ago that a car's engine was worn out at 100,000 miles. They are just broke in at that mileage now days.
Your definition of 'worn out' is not the same as my defintion.

An engine isn't 'worn out' until the block is damaged or warped to the point it can no longer be rebuilt.

An example of a 302 rebuilt kit for $400...

Your definition of 'worn out' is not the same as my defintion.

An engine isn't 'worn out' until the block is damaged or warped to the point it can no longer be rebuilt.

An example of a 302 rebuilt kit for $400...

Some don't see rebuilding a motor as a problem. Most do.

The only time I worry about electric windows in the "what if" scenario of going into the water.

True,they may or may not work.
But then everyone should always have a glass breaking tool in the glovebox or center console.
Interesting...did a google search and they say electric windows will still work when submerged.
They also say to roll down the window immediately when you end up in the water. Of course if you're knocked out thats not gonna work.

Can you roll them down with the key off? Mine won't. My older vehicles are all hand cranked, which are easy to fix with hardware store parts and some cheap hand tools.

Why would you turn the key off?
Most likely it'll still be on if you drove into deep water.
And again spring loaded glass breaking tools are cheap and easy to use.
I'm sure you've seen submerged cars on TV and the headlights remain on.
From what I could glean electric windows failing isnt really a thing when they get submerged.
They did say if they were submerged for an extended amount of time they could fail but then you'd probably be dead if you waited that long.
They do say it's best to wait until your vehicle is almost full of water so the pressure equalizes making it possible to open the door.
To that I'd say nope not gonna happen,I'm breaking the window or rolling it down immediately when I hit the water.

True,they may or may not work.
But then everyone should always have a glass breaking tool in the glovebox or center console.
Interesting...did a google search and they say electric windows will still work when submerged.
They also say to roll down the window immediately when you end up in the water. Of course if you're knocked out thats not gonna work.

I have always planned on lowering the windows as soon as I hit water. But the fact that the windows may work when submerged is great news.

Forum List

Back