11) Columbia
12) Penn
14) Cornell
15) Stanford
16) Johns Hopkins
17) U of Michigan
20) Duke

I love the way you "forgot" the link!!

The list in front of me has Cambridge at #2....also UCL, Oxford, ICL, Zurich and Toronto in the Top 20.

QS World University Rankings - Topuniversities

Either way - no one is disputing the US has great schools - the question is, is it the best system?

Dumbfuck, I posted the link earlier.

Only an idiot like you would claim the UK having less schools in the Top 20 than the USA makes them better.:cuckoo:

MIT and Harvard being ahead of most UK schools and the remaining US schools in the Top 20 being above most UK schools less 4-5 of them, shows you are a fucking fool bragging about the UK.

What about finland, dumbfuck?

Top 20 universities in the world....

1) MIT
3) Harvard
7) Yale
8) U of Chicago
9) Princeton
10) Cal Tech
11) Columbia
12) Penn
14) Cornell
15) Stanford
16) Johns Hopkins
17) U of Michigan
20) Duke

I love the way you "forgot" the link!!

The list in front of me has Cambridge at #2....also UCL, Oxford, ICL, Zurich and Toronto in the Top 20.

QS World University Rankings - Topuniversities

Either way - no one is disputing the US has great schools - the question is, is it the best system?

Last edited:
Bob Samuels: Why All Public Higher Education Should Be Free

Tell me why this would be wrong? Do we want a nation of idiots? Ya see what that got us...Bush for 2 terms and Obama so far for one....seriously tell me how normal people can afford college without going into extreme debt...

Just because something is free does not make it better. If someone offered you a free Lamborghini do you think it would be better than the one you would have to pay for?

If some stranger handed you a free sandwich, would you even dare eat the thing?

The $10 whore is a prime example of the village idiot finding the internet.

The SEC usually has 5-7 teams in the college football Top 25 and Alabama and LSU were #1 and #2. Now, the Big 12 had 3-4 teams in the Top 25 with 2 of them in the Top 6.....but nobody would a brain could claim the Big 12 was a better football conference than the SEC with more teams in the Top 25 and the top teams in the nation at 1 and 2.

Or we can do the Olympics example for this dumbfuck...

Like say the USA takes the gold and bronze medals with the UK getting the silver. The UK overall had 3-4 in the Top 10 while the USA had 6.

Yeah, that would show the UK is more dominate to an idiot. Nevermind the finishers from 11-20 are mostly USA with 0-1 UK losers.

Last edited:

Tell me why this would be wrong? Do we want a nation of idiots? Ya see what that got us...Bush for 2 terms and Obama so far for one....seriously tell me how normal people can afford college without going into extreme debt...

Just because something is free does not make it better. If someone offered you a free Lamborghini do you think it would be better than the one you would have to pay for?

Well yeah LOL...why not? If it was his to give me to no problem at all.

Well yeah LOL...why not? If it was his to give me to no problem at all.

And that's why you will NEVER be in the position to give stuff away but will spend your life with your hand out looking to take from others.

Only an idiot like you would claim the UK having less schools in the Top 20 in the USA makes them better.:cuckoo:

MIT and Harvard being ahead of most UK schools and the remaining US schools in the Top 20 being above most UK schools less 4-5 of them, shows you are a fucking fool bragging about the UK.

Finland ranks #1 in the world in education - according to your own media.

Quite obviously, I did NOT say the UK is better than the US. What is clear from the list is that a number of countries - the UK, Canada, Switzerland - have universities that outrank or match the likes of UCLA or Harvard.

There are truly worldclass universities in a dozen countries.

Has anyone pointed out the irony of one of our least literate posters being on a thread about education?

I'm just wondering if that mail order certificate in Retail Sales really paid off for you?

Peach -

Every pays taxes. Everyone can go to university.

I agree that it is not "free" per se, but it is a better system of bringing poorer families into higher education.

Here, education is a right, and one people feel passionately about because it works.

How high are your taxes?
How many government rules and regulations do you have to obey ?
How much is your goods and services and groceries? Gas?
All of that is due to government services and entitlements.
Why do you like your prices being so high and having your government telling you what you can and can not do?

Just because something is free does not make it better.

I totally agree.

What makes it better is the fact that it is based on fair and even competition.

The best students get in. It doesn't matter that who much cash you have, or that your uncle was a Gabba Gabba Hei fratboy.

How high are your taxes?
How many government rules and regulations do you have to obey ?
How much is your goods and services and groceries? Gas?
All of that is due to government services and entitlements.
Why do you like your prices being so high and having your government telling you what you can and can not do?

Our taxes are significantly higher than in the US. We have 23% VAT.

On the other hand, I believe we have more freedom than the US has, so it is all a balance.

I am not saying Finland is better than anyone else - it's as screwed up as any other country - but I am saying that we have free university education, and I think that's worth considering as a concept.

Unkotare -

I do realise that you were both hurt and humiliated by the thread someone started about your stalking and spamming.

You are just too sensitive for forums, man. You make it so obvious that you can't take it.

I had you on ignore mode before that anyway, and have not taken you off.

I don't see any elite universities from Finland in the Top 20.:eusa_whistle:

Being #1 in producer good little lemmings that follow the path they are told to follow from high school isn't the standard for us to follow. You wonder why Finland is irrelevant to the world and USA?

Those finnish students that go to college in Finland get a mediocre education compared to US students with the ability to attend most of the world's top universities.

I'll compare my BA, MBA and MA as well as my PhD coming down the road any day against your backwards ass education.

Oh, you're lucky the US exists to protect you from Russia....

Only an idiot like you would claim the UK having less schools in the Top 20 in the USA makes them better.:cuckoo:

Finland ranks #1 in the world in education - according to your own media.

Quite obviously, I did NOT say the UK is better than the US. What is clear from the list is that a number of countries - the UK, Canada, Switzerland - have universities that outrank or match the likes of UCLA or Harvard.

There are truly worldclass universities in a dozen countries.

Has anyone pointed out the irony of one of our least literate posters being on a thread about education?

I'm just wondering if that mail order certificate in Retail Sales really paid off for you?

Last edited:
Unkotare -

I do realise that you were both hurt and humiliated by the thread someone started about your stalking and spamming.

And here we see why your backwards country can't produce a university that can crack the top 50 in the world. Back to ESL class, champ.

I had you on ignore mode before that anyway, and have not taken you off.

By the way you keep responding to me it seems you don't understand what "ignore mode" means. Ah well, you are just another victim of your country's failed education system.

Last edited:
I don't see any elite universities from Finland in the Top 20.:eusa_whistle:

Being #1 in producer good little lemmings that follow the path they are told to follow from high school isn't the standard for us to follow. You wonder why Finland is irrelevant to the world and USA?

Those finnish students that go to college in Finland get a mediocre education compared to US students with the ability to attend most of the world's top universities.

Finland has a bunch of excellent universities, but none in the Top 20. You have to remember there are only 4.5 million people here. But we draw a lot of students from other countries, and the quality level is very high.

We rank 25 places ahead of the US in education, which I think is fairly good.

It has to be said - your English would be better if you had studied here!

Forum List

Back