Why hasn’t Obama taxed the rich?

And the fact that 60% of the country wants to raise taxes on the wealthy proves how naive the American people have become. Progressives like you tell them that the dissapearing middle class is the fault of the wealthy and that we can bring the middle class back if we just tax the wealthy more and give it to the Federal Government to waste. Show me what the Obama Administration's plan is for reviving the middle class before you demand that they be given billions more to play with. They don't have one at the moment nor do I see them coming up with one anytime soon. No, they want that money to pay for entitlements and that isn't going to bring back the high paying blue collar jobs that grew the middle class in the 50's and 60's.

By the way, oh ignorant one, I don't make 250K a year, but thanks for asking.

We know, asswipe, we know.

Make sure you Supersize my #3 when I show up at noon today, ok??

And don't be out of ketchup either, inbreeder.

And who takes over your job scrubbing toilets while you're out to lunch?

What exactly is wrong with 'scrubbing toilets' for a living?

You think that kind of statement makes your cause somehow 'worthy'? By disrespecting people who earn their living doing jobs like that.... seriously?

So, why hasn't President Obama done what 70% of Americans want him to do? Because he's had the single most obstructionist Congress in HISTORY.

Gee, Wytch...why didn't President Obama raise taxes when he had super majorities in Congress?

What economic noobs like you can't bring yourselves to admit is that raising taxes in a weak economy is something that even liberal Keynesian economists know is a recipe for a weaker economy. President Obama didn't raise taxes when he easily could have because it was bad economic policy. He extended the Bush tax cuts because he knew that if he didn't that his already flailing economy would go right down the old crapper. All this hot air from him about wanting to raise them now? It's all political Kabuki theatre because he knows the GOP led House will do the responsible thing and vote down any tax increases. The whole "obstructionist Congress" is nothing more than election year bullshit designed to get Obama re-elected...it has NOTHING to do with reality. Everytime you progressive lemmings start the "raise taxes!!!" chorus you play right along.

Because the "super majority" is a myth that only exists in GOP heads. There were always the Blanche Lincolns, Ben Nelsons and Joe (Douche) Liebermans to contend with...that's why.

Yet you were able to come up with the votes to pass ObamaCare despite the "myth", Wytch? If raising taxes on the wealthy is SO popular then why wouldn't that have been an easy thing to pass? The fact is...Obama didn't pass it because he knew what the results would be. All your hot air about this is nothing more than political bluster to cover for Obama.

I did just file my taxes (that I pay more of than others in my wage bracket) and my adjusted gross income is slightly over 70K.

Pretty fucking pathetic. What's holding you back from succeeding? Uneducated? Obese? Lazy?

Making more than the average median income in the US is "fucking pathetic"? :eusa_eh:

Let's see...I live on 10 acres of paradise in the California Redwoods, have a loving family and a job that I absolutely adore. I am succeeding.

Sure, with my skill set I could be making more money, but I've chosen to serve my community just like I served my country. I prefer personal satisfaction to monetary gain.

Gee, Wytch...why didn't President Obama raise taxes when he had super majorities in Congress?

What economic noobs like you can't bring yourselves to admit is that raising taxes in a weak economy is something that even liberal Keynesian economists know is a recipe for a weaker economy. President Obama didn't raise taxes when he easily could have because it was bad economic policy. He extended the Bush tax cuts because he knew that if he didn't that his already flailing economy would go right down the old crapper. All this hot air from him about wanting to raise them now? It's all political Kabuki theatre because he knows the GOP led House will do the responsible thing and vote down any tax increases. The whole "obstructionist Congress" is nothing more than election year bullshit designed to get Obama re-elected...it has NOTHING to do with reality. Everytime you progressive lemmings start the "raise taxes!!!" chorus you play right along.

Because the "super majority" is a myth that only exists in GOP heads. There were always the Blanche Lincolns, Ben Nelsons and Joe (Douche) Liebermans to contend with...that's why.

Yet you were able to come up with the votes to pass ObamaCare despite the "myth", Wytch? If raising taxes on the wealthy is SO popular then why wouldn't that have been an easy thing to pass? The fact is...Obama didn't pass it because he knew what the results would be. All your hot air about this is nothing more than political bluster to cover for Obama.

You weren't paying any attention to the health care debate were you? Remember the "corn husker kickback"? Remember that 70% of Americans supported a public option?

Seriously, do some research for once instead of relying on Rush Limbaugh lying to you.

So, why hasn't President Obama done what 70% of Americans want him to do? Because he's had the single most obstructionist Congress in HISTORY.

Where your assumption falls apart is in your first sentence. Obama did not have a "super-majority" in Congress. You see, much like Republicans... Not all Democrats are created equally. You have the Progressive Caucus, the run of the mill Democrats and the Blue Dog Conservative Democrats. Republicans range from liberal to moderate to Ultra Conservative Tea Party types.

Unfortunately... Things on the Democratic side of the coin don't play the game of supporting the Party's agenda as well as the GOP does. We Dems aren't Lock-steppers like you... Actually, you guys are more of the Goose-stepper variety... but you get my point.

You weren't paying any attention to the health care debate were you? Remember the "corn husker kickback"? Remember that 70% of Americans supported a public option?

Seriously, do some research for once instead of relying on Rush Limbaugh lying to you.

So what you're saying is that the Obama Adminstration was willing to make deals to get ObamaCare passed but not willing to do so to pass a tax hike on those making over $200,000? Once again...the reason that they TALKED about raising taxes on the wealthy but never made a real effort to pass any legislation to do so was that they knew full well that to do so in a weak economy would be horrible fiscal policy. The truth is the vast majority of Americans didn't support ObamaCare at all...yet Barack, Harry and Nancy pushed it through anyways. So if 66% of Americans support a tax hike on the wealthy then why didn't the triplets push that through as well?

And I don't listen to Rush, Wytch...I use simple common sense. Try it yourself and perhaps you won't find yourself trying to argue points of view that you can't defend.

Where your assumption falls apart is in your first sentence. Obama did not have a "super-majority" in Congress. You see, much like Republicans... Not all Democrats are created equally. You have the Progressive Caucus, the run of the mill Democrats and the Blue Dog Conservative Democrats. Republicans range from liberal to moderate to Ultra Conservative Tea Party types.

Unfortunately... Things on the Democratic side of the coin don't play the game of supporting the Party's agenda as well as the GOP does. We Dems aren't Lock-steppers like you... Actually, you guys are more of the Goose-stepper variety... but you get my point.

Wait, you mean it WASN'T the Republicans that obstructed Barack's agenda? It was other Democrats? Gee whiz, Steelplate...that kind of makes the claim that the GOP has been obstructionists a bit of a lie...wouldn't you say? Obama couldn't get his own party to go along with his wishes because the Blue Dogs knew that raising taxes on the wealthy was a stupid thing to do.

So how does my assumption fail again?

He hasn't taxed the rich more because there are laws against confiscatory taxation. If he was just dictator, he woudn't have to worry about those pesky representatives of the people.

"I belong to no organized party, I'm a Democrat." Will Rogers

Oh, so now I march in "lock-step" because I'm a Republican? Too funny... Perhaps you can explain why I'm pro choice, an agnostic and have no problem with same sex marriage?

Wait, you mean it WASN'T the Republicans that obstructed Barack's agenda? It was other Democrats? Gee whiz, Steelplate...that kind of makes the claim that the GOP has been obstructionists a bit of a lie...wouldn't you say? Obama couldn't get his own party to go along with his wishes because the Blue Dogs knew that raising taxes on the wealthy was a stupid thing to do.

It isn't the Blue Dogs that are blocking his judicial nominees, that's all GOP.

It is your opinion that raising taxes on the wealthy is a "stupid thing to do". Those that think raising the wealthiest Americans taxes is going to hurt the economy have to completely ignore the 50s and the 90s.

Sure it was the Republicans... They all voted in "goose-step" like always. There was no natural dissension... it was all party politics. The Dems voted in the normal "not everyone agrees" manner that USED to take place in our legislature. The GOP's filibustering, Obstructionist, lockstep bullshit set the stage for the struggles.

If it were a GOP president pushing this agenda(in theory) it would have passed by a mile.

It isn't the Blue Dogs that are blocking his judicial nominees, that's all GOP.

It is your opinion that raising taxes on the wealthy is a "stupid thing to do". Those that think raising the wealthiest Americans taxes is going to hurt the economy have to completely ignore the 50s and the 90s.

So when Christina Romer says that raising taxes on anyone in a weak economy is bad fiscal policy she's completely ignoring the 50's and the 90's? You can't even get progressive economists to agree with you. Sorry, Wytch but tax raises in a strong economy is what Keynesian economics calls for...tax raises in a weak economy causes said economy to get even weaker. That's basic ECON 101.

Sure it was the Republicans... They all voted in "goose-step" like always. There was no natural dissension... it was all party politics. The Dems voted in the normal "not everyone agrees" manner that USED to take place in our legislature. The GOP's filibustering, Obstructionist, lockstep bullshit set the stage for the struggles.

If it were a GOP president pushing this agenda(in theory) it would have passed by a mile.

So what you're saying is that Obama tried to pass legislation that was so flawed that he couldn't get his own party to vote for it...but that Republicans should have voted for it anyways and because they didn't...that it's "their" fault? Interesting logic there, Steel.

So what you're saying is that Obama tried to pass legislation that was so flawed that he couldn't get his own party to vote for it...but that Republicans should have voted for it anyways and because they didn't...that it's "their" fault? Interesting logic there, Steel.

No.... that's what YOU'RE saying.

Forum List

Back