Why hasn’t Obama taxed the rich?

Yeah, he was wrong about that. It's only 66%.

Oh, it's tax the rich. Now I get it. I was under the impression that she was asserting 70% of Americans were in favor of raising taxes. I wonder what that figure is? 9%?

By the way - who are the rich? Can't seem to get an answer to that one...

In any event - you too may whip out your checkbook and stroke a check to the Fed if you're in favor of sending them more of your money to spend as they please. Need an address, asswipe, or are you capable of finding it via a search engine.

Yeah, he was wrong about that. It's only 66%.

Oh, it's tax the rich. Now I get it. I was under the impression that she was asserting 70% of Americans were in favor of raising taxes. I wonder what that figure is? 9%?

By the way - who are the rich? Can't seem to get an answer to that one...

In any event - you too may whip out your checkbook and stroke a check to the Fed if you're in favor of sending them more of your money to spend as they please. Need an address, asswipe, or are you capable of finding it via a search engine.

You didn't read far enough (or maybe the person that has to read it to you didn't read far enough).

Sixty-six percent of respondents said that they backed increasing income taxes on individuals earning over $200,000 and families earning at least $250,000, while only 32 percent were opposed.

You can count me in the 66%.

But a good start would be to repeal Bush's TEMPORARY tax cuts.

what?....... If the rich are taxed harder they will start working more?

and then the Federal Government can take that money and Employ people?

How wonderful..we TAXPAYERS get to PAY for MORE Guberment Employees..whoohoo

If that happened in the past then maybe those 13 people would not have had to die when the I-35 bridge collapsed in Minneapolis.

Our roads and airports are falling apart before our eyes. What do you think happens when the producers cannot ship their products because of a crumbling infastructure?

No ... where did the state/federal money go instead of to the bridge and other places it should have gone? Dont care which side your for as they both do it and then complain about the other!

I’ve heard Obama speaking about taxing the rich, why hasn’t he?

If the rich are taxed harder they’ll start working more. At the same time the government can use the extra tax income to employ people, building roads,bridges etc. maintain buidlings. Then they can employ construction workers and increase the demand.

The tricke-down concept dosen’t work since the rich aren’t spending money to keep the demand up. With more taxes the rich will also start working more.

Who are the rich? Got a figure, i.e. how much must one earn each year to be considered rich?

I would say 250.000 $ a year or more. From 250.000$ and up you can put in more aggressive taxation, then the rich will start working more to.
A wealth tax on 2% on fortunes over 1 million $ would also be good.
Then the government can start spending, maintaining roads,bridges,mainatance of buildings etc.

The problem is that the rich dosen’t spend enough money to keep the demand up.

Back to the original question of the thread.

First, a President can't raise taxes. He needs a little help.

Second, several moderate Democrats have already made it clear that they feel this isn't the time to raise income taxes. He doesn't have the votes.

So that's about it.

So, why hasn't President Obama done what 70% of Americans want him to do? Because he's had the single most obstructionist Congress in HISTORY.

LOL, why not just make it 100% of Americans..

It's not like us citizens are taxed enough ALREADY..this greedy assed Government NEEDS more and more and more..

Last edited:
I would say 250.000 $ a year or more.

Let's see, a mortgage, a couple car payment, two kids in college, other expenses. $250,000 a year and that should cover all that and I have shitloads to spend because you consider this "rich"?

You out of your Euro-trash fucking mind?

Let's see, a mortgage, a couple car payment, two kids in college, other expenses.
$250,000 a year and that should cover all that and I have shitloads to spend because you consider this "rich"?

My wife and I make $100k together and we have every one of your expenses... funny, we aren't complaining about our taxes. You are one of the whiniest bitches on here...hiding behind a fuckin' Harley, no less...

Let me guess? You are William H. Macy's character on "Wild Hogs".

Let's see, a mortgage, a couple car payment, two kids in college, other expenses. $250,000 a year and that should cover all that and I have shitloads to spend because you consider this "rich"?

Then you’ve to work more, that’s the idea to press the rich to work more. You can also get a rich woman that can contribute on the mortgage, car and college.

If the rich are taxed harder they’ll start working more. At the same time the government can use the extra tax income to employ people, building roads,bridges etc. maintain buidlings. Then they can employ construction workers and increase the demand.

The tricke-down concept dosen’t work since the rich aren’t spending money to keep the demand up. With more taxes the rich will also start working more.

You've defined the problem. Trickle Down doesn't work nor was it ever supposed to work. As Reagan's own budget director, David Stockman, said it was a "Trojan Horse".

You want good, sustained economic growth? Then establish "Trickle UP Economics". If you put more money in the hands of the poor and middle class they will spend it and create the demand that, in turn, the wealthy can make money by producing the goods in demand.

It's a win-win situation.

holy smokes...

What are you waiting for?

Have you stroked the check, fucknut?

My guess would be no.

If you have - here's the address -

Department of the Treasury
1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20220

You know I probably pay more in taxes that you bring home in net pay. And no, I don't have a problem seeing my taxes raised even more for debt reduction.

It's the least I can do to help out my grandchildren.

Then you’ve to work more, that’s the idea to press the rich to work more. You can also get a rich woman that can contribute on the mortgage, car and college.

they have you well trained..how sad.

So, why hasn't President Obama done what 70% of Americans want him to do? Because he's had the single most obstructionist Congress in HISTORY.

70% of Americans want to raise taxes? Where did you pull that out of? Your fat ass? Hey - if you feel the need to send the government more money, stroke them a fucking check asswipe. Go for it...

Yes, you backwoods inbred moron, they do.

rb45lrzlfkgcrxvplsyq8q.gif

Actually... we need our rich to invest... Right here in America instead of Indo-China and other slave labor countries. You see, the problem isn't that the rich aren't working hard enough, it's that they are extracting the wealth out of THIS country and placing it in others... which fucks over the everyday people right here.

They don't want to pay a wage that families can grow and flourish on. Because that means that they will have to either sacrifice some profit or raise prices to maintain the status quo(top heavy salaries and benefits). No... it's not about the hours that the rich keep, it's their sense of entitlement to maximize THEIR share of the pie at the expense of their employees.

70% of Americans want to raise taxes? Where did you pull that out of? Your fat ass? Hey - if you feel the need to send the government more money, stroke them a fucking check asswipe. Go for it...

I guess we should all just surrender and admit that we are all just slaves to this Federal Government...forget the WE THE PEOPLE..it was good while it lasted.

You've defined the problem. Trickle Down doesn't work nor was it ever supposed to work. As Reagan's own budget director, David Stockman, said it was a "Trojan Horse".

You want good, sustained economic growth? Then establish "Trickle UP Economics". If you put more money in the hands of the poor and middle class they will spend it and create the demand that, in turn, the wealthy can make money by producing the goods in demand.

It's a win-win situation.

holy smokes...

Yep... he's right. What do people do with their money? I'll give you a minute.... OK, times up. They spend it. When money gets spent...someone makes a profit.

Just in case you didn't know this... Profits and sales are good for a business. You want to create more wealth in THIS country? Pay the people more...they will be the ones to get this economy rolling... it's called INVESTING.... Taking less now for more in the future... that's what big business DOESN'T do these days..... they want it all now(with a golden Parachute to save their greedy asses when they end up running a business into the ground, no less).

Supply side economics(trickle down) was a waste of 30+ years of our lives. All it did was fuck the whole country over.

Oh, so sorry, you mouth-breathing, undereducated, welfare-case inbred. I am still not seeing where 70% of Americans want to raise taxes.

In the meantime, have you whipped out your checkbook and sent the Fed more money or do you need an executive order from King Barry?

I guess we should all just surrender and admit that we are all just slaves to this Federal Government...forget the WE THE PEOPLE..it was good while it lasted.

Your side doesn't want anything to do with "We the People". You want it to be "we the worthy" and of course, you get to decide who's worthy.

Forum List

Back