Why hasn’t Obama taxed the rich?

I’ve heard Obama speaking about taxing the rich, why hasn’t he?

If the rich are taxed harder they’ll start working more. At the same time the government can use the extra tax income to employ people, building roads,bridges etc. maintain buidlings. Then they can employ construction workers and increase the demand.

The tricke-down concept dosen’t work since the rich aren’t spending money to keep the demand up. With more taxes the rich will also start working more.

You've defined the problem. Trickle Down doesn't work nor was it ever supposed to work. As Reagan's own budget director, David Stockman, said it was a "Trojan Horse".

You want good, sustained economic growth? Then establish "Trickle UP Economics". If you put more money in the hands of the poor and middle class they will spend it and create the demand that, in turn, the wealthy can make money by producing the goods in demand.

It's a win-win situation.

ROTF

Trickle Up Econcomics = Soak the Rich

If the poor or middle class want more money, they can get it.

So what's stopping them ?

Three things stops people from radical solutions to their personal problems.

So the answer to your question really Depends on the kind of person they really are. Either...

1. fear of retribution is stopping one from taking some of the STOLEN pie; OR

2. One's sense of morality prevents you from taking what it not legally yours; or

3. You are a tool or a fool, or some combination of the two.

FYI, in my case it's a combination of numbers 1 and 2.

You've defined the problem. Trickle Down doesn't work nor was it ever supposed to work. As Reagan's own budget director, David Stockman, said it was a "Trojan Horse".

You want good, sustained economic growth? Then establish "Trickle UP Economics". If you put more money in the hands of the poor and middle class they will spend it and create the demand that, in turn, the wealthy can make money by producing the goods in demand.

It's a win-win situation.

holy smokes...

Yep... he's right. What do people do with their money? I'll give you a minute.... OK, times up. They spend it. When money gets spent...someone makes a profit.

Just in case you didn't know this... Profits and sales are good for a business. You want to create more wealth in THIS country? Pay the people more...they will be the ones to get this economy rolling... it's called INVESTING.... Taking less now for more in the future... that's what big business DOESN'T do these days..... they want it all now(with a golden Parachute to save their greedy asses when they end up running a business into the ground, no less).

Supply side economics(trickle down) was a waste of 30+ years of our lives. All it did was fuck the whole country over.

well who the hell stopped you from going out and starting your own business and paying your employees, $100 a hour...you could of been a role model for EVERYONE else..
let us know how long you stay in business

Last edited:
holy smokes...

Yep... he's right. What do people do with their money? I'll give you a minute.... OK, times up. They spend it. When money gets spent...someone makes a profit.

Just in case you didn't know this... Profits and sales are good for a business. You want to create more wealth in THIS country? Pay the people more...they will be the ones to get this economy rolling... it's called INVESTING.... Taking less now for more in the future... that's what big business DOESN'T do these days..... they want it all now(with a golden Parachute to save their greedy asses when they end up running a business into the ground, no less).

Supply side economics(trickle down) was a waste of 30+ years of our lives. All it did was fuck the whole country over.

well who the hell stopped you from going out and starting your own business and paying your employers, $100 a hour...let us know how long you stay in business

Hyperbole much?

Of course the Rich don't pay their "fair share' and really need to pay more.

Guess with the 47% who pay no Fed taxes they have to get more money somewhere else.

Wonder what happens when the 47% turn into 50% and beyond??

Republican supported tax policy is the reason we have 47% paying no federal income taxes.

well who the hell stopped you from going out and starting your own business and paying your employers, $100 a hour...let us know how long you stay in business

Hyperbole much?

and you blowhard a lot..

Or they'll just make changes so they don't need as many people & lay them off so that'll help take care of additional taxes they need to pay.

They don't do that now?

President Obama wanted to put the top tax rate back where it was in the nineties. Four percentage points higher -

that is what all this rightwing hysteria is about, four percentage points worth of extra tax on the money you make above about 250,000 of taxable income. Calling it soaking the rich is retarded.

Hyperbole much?

and you blowhard a lot..

Not at all.. heterosexual here... I do carpet munching very well though, thank you very much:eusa_whistle:

TMI dear..
5218200611_df2d64be63_z.jpg

:lol:

Yes, you backwoods inbred moron, they do.

Oh, so sorry, you mouth-breathing, undereducated, welfare-case inbred. I am still not seeing where 70% of Americans want to raise taxes.

In the meantime, have you whipped out your checkbook and sent the Fed more money or do you need an executive order from King Barry?

Really? 70% want to close the tax loopholes that give companies like Exxon a HUGE tax break (to the extent that they are only paying about 17%) and 66% want to raise taxes on those making over $250K, but you don't see it?

I even gave it to you in pictures so you wouldn't have to strain your cortex by reading it.

Thanks for confirming what an incredible moron you are for all to see.

By the way, oh ignorant one, I don't make 250K a year, but thanks for asking.

70% of Americans want to raise taxes? Where did you pull that out of? Your fat ass? Hey - if you feel the need to send the government more money, stroke them a fucking check asswipe. Go for it...

Yes, you backwoods inbred moron, they do.

rb45lrzlfkgcrxvplsyq8q.gif

I guess we should all just surrender and admit that we are all just slaves to this Federal Government...forget the WE THE PEOPLE..it was good while it lasted.

Um, it is "we the people" that want to see the taxes raised. Even 68% of millionaires want to see taxes raised.

You know the difference between a vacuum cleaner and a Harley?

You can fit 2 dirtbags on a Harley.

Fuck off, pussy.

Actually, the position of the dirtbag is the difference, assbrain.

In any event -

Sorry to have insulted your net worth.

Be proud of those foodstamps, son. Be proud.

The world needs unemployed, knuckle dragging inbreds like you.

We know, asswipe, we know.

Make sure you Supersize my #3 when I show up at noon today, ok??

And don't be out of ketchup either, inbreeder.

So, why hasn't President Obama done what 70% of Americans want him to do? Because he's had the single most obstructionist Congress in HISTORY.

Gee, Wytch...why didn't President Obama raise taxes when he had super majorities in Congress?

What economic noobs like you can't bring yourselves to admit is that raising taxes in a weak economy is something that even liberal Keynesian economists know is a recipe for a weaker economy. President Obama didn't raise taxes when he easily could have because it was bad economic policy. He extended the Bush tax cuts because he knew that if he didn't that his already flailing economy would go right down the old crapper. All this hot air from him about wanting to raise them now? It's all political Kabuki theatre because he knows the GOP led House will do the responsible thing and vote down any tax increases. The whole "obstructionist Congress" is nothing more than election year bullshit designed to get Obama re-elected...it has NOTHING to do with reality. Everytime you progressive lemmings start the "raise taxes!!!" chorus you play right along.

We know, asswipe, we know.

Make sure you Supersize my #3 when I show up at noon today, ok??

And don't be out of ketchup either, inbreeder.

Nope, sorry...food service isn't my bag, baby. Tried to work at Round Table when I was a struggling E-3 to make a few extra bucks...it didn't work out.

I'm what you hate even more than you hate the working poor...I'm a bloated government worker who also gets a military pension. Again, thanks for asking though.

I did just file my taxes (that I pay more of than others in my wage bracket) and my adjusted gross income is slightly over 70K.

So, why hasn't President Obama done what 70% of Americans want him to do? Because he's had the single most obstructionist Congress in HISTORY.

Gee, Wytch...why didn't President Obama raise taxes when he had super majorities in Congress?

What economic noobs like you can't bring yourselves to admit is that raising taxes in a weak economy is something that even liberal Keynesian economists know is a recipe for a weaker economy. President Obama didn't raise taxes when he easily could have because it was bad economic policy. He extended the Bush tax cuts because he knew that if he didn't that his already flailing economy would go right down the old crapper. All this hot air from him about wanting to raise them now? It's all political Kabuki theatre because he knows the GOP led House will do the responsible thing and vote down any tax increases. The whole "obstructionist Congress" is nothing more than election year bullshit designed to get Obama re-elected...it has NOTHING to do with reality. Everytime you progressive lemmings start the "raise taxes!!!" chorus you play right along.

Because the "super majority" is a myth that only exists in GOP heads. There were always the Blanche Lincolns, Ben Nelsons and Joe (Douche) Liebermans to contend with...that's why.

I did just file my taxes (that I pay more of than others in my wage bracket) and my adjusted gross income is slightly over 70K.

Pretty fucking pathetic. What's holding you back from succeeding? Uneducated? Obese? Lazy?

Forum List

Back