Why gay marriage is wrong!

That's assuming that the person you're talking to gives a fiddler's fuck about facts. BritPat is one of those folks that firmly believes that the US constitutions, US law, and even history means whatever HE believes it means.

Opinion being accepted as fact is the bread and butter of the right wing echo chamber.

Listen to the moron who doesn't even understand or care about the distinction between property and territory.

Says the poor, hapless soul who amusingly assumes that typing 'property' somehow changes history and the status of federal holdings.

Of course it makes a difference, moron.

You typing the word 'property' magically changes the status of federal holdings?

Says who? If you haven't figured this out yet, you typing an accusation doesn't actually mean that laws, legal definitions, or history magically changes to match.

If you believe that US bases aren't US holdings.....then show us. Don't tell us. And so far, the only thing you've shown is your personal opinion. Which factually establishes exactly jack shit.

Try again.

It's not magic, dumbass.

I wonder if Bripat could post without sounding like a 12 year old boy on the playground?

Naaah.

My sister is lesbian and married her partner because she loves her. They have been together for over 12 years and there is no benefit for their marriage in the state she lives in. The same applies to my daughters godmother who is likewise married and lesbian. So yes, I agree with you. They marry the people they do for love not government handouts.

Anecdotal stories aren't arguments

However they are facts. Facts trump opinions any day of the week.

Anecdotal stories are clearly in the opinion category as an argument.

I read about someone who was saved by not wearing a seatbelt. They were thrown clear of the car onto a grassy area. If they wore the seatbelt, they would have been crushed.

True story, but is it an argument against seatbelts? One case?

My mom experienced the same thing when I was two. Of course at the time they had no seatbelts but the fact that she was ejected saved her life.

However, you are comparing physical events to personal feelings. The two are in no way similar so you are in effect comparing a apple with a cruise ship. They don't compare.

I didn't compare "physical events to personal feelings." I addressed the irrelevancy of anecdotal stories to well formed arguments

Here was your claim as to why people get married

Validation, recognition and approval of the collective

That is your unsubstantiated claim.

Someone else gave their opinion otherwise- with actual examples.

Either both your post and the response are both irrelevant- or the response is more relevant- since he provided examples and you provided just the usual Kaz' world point of view.

The same reasons all the married people (like yourself) you know do.

I need that to make myself happy? You haven't been reading my posts. That was already clear

A crime in itself, I'm sure!

Seawytch claims there are many parents of gays who are fine with the gay but won't let them out of the house without a piece of paper from the government certifying they have a legal marriage. She doesn't seem to be able to add anything to that though, like how she is not full of shit

:That's the only reason all the straight married people you know have gotten married? You need to meet more people.

That wasn't the point I addressed, you stupid wench. You keep saying you got the government marriage for the same reason as me. I didn't address anyone else. Moving the goal posts, your continual game since you aren't smart enough to engage in an actual debate on a topic

Nope...I said gay people get married for all the same reasons straights do. I said some may even have similar reasons as yours.

Ask all your straight married friends why they need the government in their bedrooms. Use those words and wear your wedding ring. :lol:

Compred with what? Your anecdotal opinion?

Remember, Kaz.....you haven't actually factually established anything. You've made an assertion. You've presented nothing save the assertion itself to back it. That's an opinion.

We have anecdotal evidence vs. your personal opinion. And anecdotal evidence is at least evidence. Not the most compelling. Not rock solid. But at least its evidence.

Where as your opinion is merely your belief.

So tell me why you need government in your bedroom to have a happy relationship with someone. Let's start there. Anecdotal is fine

So you're not even going to attempt to back your assertions with evidence, are you? Then you can't question the quality of anyone else's evidence. You don't get exempted from your own standards. As you've offered us nothing but your opinion.

By your own standards, yours is clearly the 'opinion' category of argument.

That's assuming that the person you're talking to gives a fiddler's fuck about facts. BritPat is one of those folks that firmly believes that the US constitutions, US law, and even history means whatever HE believes it means.

Opinion being accepted as fact is the bread and butter of the right wing echo chamber.

Listen to the moron who doesn't even understand or care about the distinction between property and territory.

Says the poor, hapless soul who amusingly assumes that typing 'property' somehow changes history and the status of federal holdings.

Of course it makes a difference, moron.

You typing the word 'property' magically changes the status of federal holdings?

Says who? If you haven't figured this out yet, you typing an accusation doesn't actually mean that laws, legal definitions, or history magically changes to match.

If you believe that US bases aren't US holdings.....then show us. Don't tell us. And so far, the only thing you've shown is your personal opinion. Which factually establishes exactly jack shit.

Try again.

It's not magic, dumbass. It's a legal difference.

Show me US law or international law from the era that indicated that the US didn't have the authority to place troops in its own military bases.

You can't. There is no such law. You've offering us your ignorant opinion on law you've never read, 'international law' you've never seen. Which is why when pressed to show us the LAW that says this, you start babbling about Jamaca and 'international law' that 'everyone knows about'.....but oddly you can't quote in any way.

You having a personal opinion that the US government didn't have the authority to keep troops in its own military bases is meaningless. As no legal tenet is based on your personal opinion.

Show us the law backing your claims. If its as common and obvious as you say, it should be remarkably simple. If you're talking out of your ass, making this up as you go along, then its going to be significantly more difficult.

And they need government in their bedroom to make them happy? Why?

Who is asking for the government in their bedroom? I thought we were talking about marriage?

Gays finally got the government out of their bedrooms when the Supreme Court overturned anti-gay sodomy laws- though Republicans in Louisiana still want the government in homosexuals bedrooms, since they refused to repeal the law.

And now the gays want government back in their bedroom validating who they have sex with

And they need government in their bedroom to make them happy? Why?

I need that to make myself happy? You haven't been reading my posts. That was already clear

Seawytch claims there are many parents of gays who are fine with the gay but won't let them out of the house without a piece of paper from the government certifying they have a legal marriage. She doesn't seem to be able to add anything to that though, like how she is not full of shit

Really- when did Seawythch say that?

She constantly states that she wants government marriage for the same reason I did. Since I've told her a hundred times why I wanted it, I'm assuming she knows. Pretty safe assumption unless you are saying she's a stupid bitch with no long term memory. Is that what you're saying? Seawytch is a stupid bitch with no long term memory? You may have a point, I certainly can't contradict either part

Anecdotal stories aren't arguments

However they are facts. Facts trump opinions any day of the week.

I read about someone who was saved by not wearing a seatbelt. They were thrown clear of the car onto a grassy area. If they wore the seatbelt, they would have been crushed.

True story, but is it an argument against seatbelts? One case?

My mom experienced the same thing when I was two. Of course at the time they had no seatbelts but the fact that she was ejected saved her life.

However, you are comparing physical events to personal feelings. The two are in no way similar so you are in effect comparing a apple with a cruise ship. They don't compare.

I didn't compare "physical events to personal feelings." I addressed the irrelevancy of anecdotal stories to well formed arguments

Here was your claim as to why people get married

That is your unsubstantiated claim.

Someone else gave their opinion otherwise- with actual examples.

Either both your post and the response are both irrelevant- or the response is more relevant- since he provided examples and you provided just the usual Kaz' world point of view.

Strawman, you just took my quote completely out of context. That was my answer to Seawytch's question. Now what was the question I was actually answering? LOL, what a fool, what a tool

:That's the only reason all the straight married people you know have gotten married? You need to meet more people.

That wasn't the point I addressed, you stupid wench. You keep saying you got the government marriage for the same reason as me. I didn't address anyone else. Moving the goal posts, your continual game since you aren't smart enough to engage in an actual debate on a topic

Nope...I said gay people get married for all the same reasons straights do. I said some may even have similar reasons as yours.

Ask all your straight married friends why they need the government in their bedrooms. Use those words and wear your wedding ring. :lol:

So when you said "you" you not only meant not me but people who got married for reasons that I didn't. Got it

So when you said "you" you not only meant not me but people who got married for reasons that I didn't. Got it

Wait....are you STILL trying to tell us why gay people get married by quoting YOURSELF?

Remember, Kaz.....you haven't actually factually established anything. You've made an assertion. You've presented nothing save the assertion itself to back it. That's an opinion.

We have anecdotal evidence vs. your personal opinion. And anecdotal evidence is at least evidence. Not the most compelling. Not rock solid. But at least its evidence.

So tell me why you need government in your bedroom to have a happy relationship with someone. Let's start there. Anecdotal is fine

So you're not even going to attempt to back your assertions with evidence, are you? Then you can't question the quality of anyone else's evidence. You don't get exempted from your own standards. As you've offered us nothing but your opinion.

Back what assertion? I am questioning your assertion that people can't be happy without a piece of paper from the government that it's OK to fuck their brains out. You people seriously need to learn to read

Wait....are you STILL trying to tell us why gay people get married by quoting YOURSELF?

No, that makes zero sense to the post you responded to. A mind is a terrible thing to waste, wow, and you are wasteful

Back what assertion?

This one:

Really? What "more" reasons do gays marry than straights?

You've backed that with jack shit. And of course dismissed anyone offering anecdotal evidence, despite the fact that you can't back your claims with anything more than your anecdotal opinion. Remember, you can't question the quality of anyone else's evidence when you've presented exactly dick of your own.

Do you have anything to back your assertion? Or are you just pretending to talk for gay people again....citing yourself?

You've backed that with jack shit. And of course dismissed anyone offering anecdotal evidence, despite the fact that you can't back your claims with anything more than your anecdotal opinion. Remember, you can't question the quality of anyone else's evidence when you've presented exactly dick of your own.

Do you have anything to back your assertion? Or are you just pretending to talk for gay people again....citing yourself?

Exactly. I said what "more" gays want than straights. You turned it into what straights want. Reading is fundamental, and you are fundamentally an idiot. You even found my quote and still didn't comprehend it

No, that makes zero sense to the post you responded to.

Sea specifically cited gay folks wanting to get married for the same reason straight folks do. In response, you pulled your made up motivations for why gays want to get married, citing only yourself:
Kaz said:
Seawytch said:

So your babble about yourself was pointless deflection. And you citing yourself on the motivation of gays meaningless blather, as you have no idea what you're talking about. You're not citing gays folks. You're citing yourself, pretending to speak for gay folks.

What you've never been able to explain is why anyone should care what you make up and imagine while pretending to speak for gay people. Remember, you're nobody in this scenario. You play no role in any gay marriage.

So why would you citing yourself as gay people have any relevance to this discussion?

Last edited:

Exactly. I said what "more" gays want than straights. You turned it into what straights want. Reading is fundamental, and you are fundamentally an idiot. You even found my quote and still didn't comprehend it

And what do you have to back your assertion regarding 'validation, recognition and approval of the collective' regarding gays when they get married that apparently doesn't apply to straights? As remember, you claim to speak for gay folks on this one. And you don't.

And you also have to speak for all straight people too for your argument to work. And you don't.

You've presented jack shit to back up your assertion. Yet amusingly reject anecdotal evidence and 'argument by opinion'. Um, Kaz.....you've presented nothing but your opinion. If argument by opinion is to be dismissed...

.....then you've got nothing.

kaz said:
No, that makes zero sense to the post you responded to.

Sea specifically cited gay folks wanting to get married for the same reason straight folks do. In response, you pulled your made up motivations for why gays want to get married, citing only yourself:
What's hillarious, idiot. In the meantime, Seawytch has shown what i actually responded to and in your butt stupid idiocy you still missed it. Too funny. Wow, you didn't miss it, you quoted yourself for stupidity. Discussion to follow.

QMSFS.

Quoting My Self For Stupidity

You are unreal

skylar said:
Kaz said:
Seawytch said:
So your babble about yourself was pointless deflection. And you citing yourself on the motivation of gays meaningless blather, as you have no idea what you're talking about. You're not citing gays folks. You're citing yourself, pretending to speak for gay folks.

What you've never been able to explain is why anyone should care what you make up and imagine while pretending to speak for gay people. Remember, you're nobody in this scenario. You play no role in any gay marriage.

So why would you citing yourself as gay people have any relevance to this discussion?

I answered the question I was asked. If you object to that, tell Seawytch how stupid her question is. My God man, do you have no pride at all? Just make your sig say you are a complete and utter dumb fuck and give it up. Wow.

What's hillarious, idiot, is Seawytch has in the meantime shown what i actually responded to and in your butt stupid idiocy you still missed it. Too funny. Wow, you didn't miss it, you quoted yourself for stupidity. Discussion to follow.

And yet you still can't back any of this up with jackshit:

Kaz said:
Seawytch said:

Which makes your rejection of 'argument by opinion' all the more amusing. As its all you have.

I answered the question I was asked.

Actually, you jumped into the middle of Sea's conversation with Westwall with a health dallup of 'argument by opinion' on a topic you know nothing about:

Kaz said:
Seawytch said:
Westwall said:
So...gay people want to be married purely for government handouts? Is that what you're saying?

Gay people civilly marry for all the exact same reasons straights do.

And more!

To which Sea replied:

Kaz said:
Seawytch said:

And you can't back up any of that shit can you? But tell us again about 'argument by opinion'. Its always such a hoot for you to demand standards from others you can't possibly meet. Almost as funny as you pretending to speak for gay people on why the get married.

Oh, you are a blessing to the endorphins, Kaz.

She constantly states that she wants government marriage for the same reason I did. Since I've told her a hundred times why I wanted it, I'm assuming she knows. Pretty safe assumption unless you are saying she's a stupid bitch with no long term memory. Is that what you're saying? Seawytch is a stupid bitch with no long term memory? You may have a point, I certainly can't contradict either part

Narcissist much? I've constantly said that gays want civil marriage for the same reason straight people like you do. People like all your married friends. Have you asked all of them why they "want the government in their bedrooms"?

Narcissist much? I've constantly said that gays want civil marriage for the same reason straight people like you do. People like all your married friends. Have you asked all of them why they "want the government in their bedrooms"?
Kaz still dodging?

Forum List

Back