Why extend the Bush tax cuts?

I think we're all seeing the results of the Bush tax cuts.

Nice going, let's extend them, there's still a few bucks out there that the top 2% don't have.

Poor Mr. Clean do your homework! If you make over $6K annual your taxes go up by a minimum 2%. Everyone who has a retirement account which is most Americans, then your taxes their go up by 5%!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/2570031-post1.html

I personally don't care about the top 2 or 5% in this fight. I care about my taxes that are set to go up 4% (2% with the lapse and 2% increase by Comrade Quinn)!

I say the top 5 percent can pay, and fuck the warmongerers who don't want to pay for their murderous ways.

Americans Tax Payers don't want to increase taxes to pay for lazy potheads like you to live on welfare and food stamps! But you can scream about the war all you want while you cash your welfare checks!

I had a paper route at 12 and have been working since, I wouldn't take welfare if I got laid off tomorrow.

Why not? The idea that not extending them will help the debt is utter bullshit. If you confiscated every $$ of wealth from every man, woman, child and business in the U.S. you'd still be about 50% off the mark of paying off the debt. It's leftwing class warfare claptrap.

The idea that we'll be made whole by taxing the shit out of roughly 5% of the population is ridiculous.

I think all they get out of it is what the extension of the unemployment cost were like 34 billion.
So it's a political football, the republicans probably win this one as the dems will feel it to be an anchor around thier neck if the economy hasn't picked up. I predict dems cave.

If these tax cuts for the wealthy are such a great idea and such a job creator, why did they add so much to the deficit and why haven't they been creating jobs?

If these tax cuts for the wealthy are such a great idea and such a job creator, why did they add so much to the deficit and why haven't they been creating jobs?

They did. Where were you during most of 2000-2006?

So you can attribute jobs that were created during that time span directly to the Bush tax cuts?

And if so, why did it turn out to be a huge net loss, as far as the deficit is concerned?

Also, can you guarantee that if these tax cuts were extended that jobs would be created?

So you can attribute jobs that were created during that time span directly to the Bush tax cuts?

And if so, why did it turn out to be a huge net loss, as far as the deficit is concerned?

Also, can you guarantee that if these tax cuts were extended that jobs would be created?

First question: Those tax cuts did in fact help the economy, I know I spent my money from the tax cuts, and I bet you did too.

Second question: Our government spent it's way into the problem we have. Tax cuts, or no tax cuts we would have racked up a huge deficit.

Third question: I don't think it could hurt the economy anymore than Obama's policies that are in the pipeline. A lot of businesses are keeping their money waiting to see what the policies coming to fruit will bring. After all, the businesses don't want the government intruding like they have with the insurance industry, lending industry, and auto industry.

Last edited:

Watching all those jobs going to India, Pakistan, and China.

Really?

You sure of that?

Are you aware of the percentage of companies that outsource jobs overseas?

I am not aware of the percentage...but I did not make that comment, you did.

So what is that percentage?

And likewise, how many domestic jobs were created by overseas coimpanies opening plants here in the US?

Really?

You sure of that?

And likewise, how many domestic jobs were created by overseas coimpanies opening plants here in the US?

Any way you cut it, the decade of 2000-2010 was a lost decade for job creation. We were no better off at the beginning of the decade than at the end.

Same goes for the Stock Market

It does not look like those 10 years of tax cuts did us much good

Really?

You sure of that?

Any way you cut it, the decade of 2000-2010 was a lost decade for job creation. We were no better off at the beginning of the decade than at the end.

Same goes for the Stock Market

It does not look like those 10 years of tax cuts did us much good

Interesting.

Do you have the same thoughts about the results of massive increases in government spending?

Forum List

Back