Why extend the Bush tax cuts?

Watching all those jobs going to India, Pakistan, and China.

Really?

You sure of that?

Are you aware of the percentage of companies that outsource jobs overseas?

I am not aware of the percentage...but I did not make that comment, you did.

So what is that percentage?

And likewise, how many domestic jobs were created by overseas coimpanies opening plants here in the US?

Any way you cut it, the decade of 2000-2010 was a lost decade for job creation. We were no better off at the beginning of the decade than at the end.

Same goes for the Stock Market

It does not look like those 10 years of tax cuts did us much good

I am not disagreeing with you.

But is this really the time to end them?

We know one thing for sure...rolling them back most certainly wont help job creation and there is good argument to believe that it may result in more layoffs in the small business arena.

I am not arguing the roll back. I am arguing the timing.

Really?

You sure of that?

And likewise, how many domestic jobs were created by overseas coimpanies opening plants here in the US?

Any way you cut it, the decade of 2000-2010 was a lost decade for job creation. We were no better off at the beginning of the decade than at the end.

Well, we did get those $600 rebate checks.

Really?

You sure of that?

Well, we did get those $600 rebate checks.

Anyone with half a brain would have said that that was nothing but a political ploy by a soon to be lame duck president who was trying to boost his party in the eyes of the voters. When there is a recession looming, people do not spend found money.

Similarly, the 13 bucks a week Obama used to buy votes was exactly that...a legal way to buy votes, but nothing more than a waste of money the government did not have.

And before you argue the buy votes thing.....

"Vote for me and 95% of you will get more money in your paycheck".....

Yes, paraphrased, but lets be real...that is exactly how many in this country heard it.

Funny, didn't you lefties and Obama run on cutting spending and no new taxes on the middle class? Now it's spend, spend, spend and tax the shit out of everybody.... everybody else that is.

To all those who claimed the Bush tax cuts only went to the Rich.

If the Bush tax cuts are allowed to expire. A married couple who makes 75,000 dollars a year will see their Federal Tax Load go from 0 last year, to 3200 dollars next year.

wow married couples making 75,000 a year must be rich eh.

When all those in the middle class are hit with a huge tax increase if they Bush Tax cuts are not extended. Then Americans will finally realize just what the Bush Tax cuts really were.

If the Bush tax cuts are allowed to expire. A married couple who makes 75,000 dollars a year will see their Federal Tax Load go from 0 last year, to 3200 dollars next year.

When all those in the middle class are hit with a huge tax increase if they Bush Tax cuts are not extended. Then Americans will finally realize just what the Bush Tax cuts really were.

Dont forget. Mr. Obama proimised no tax increases to the middle class. Not one dime.

So when it hapopens, he will say:

"it is not an increase in your taxes. It is an elimination of a prervious decrease. If Bush did not cut your taxes, you would not have the increase now. So blame Bush."

And sadly, people like Truthmatters will be on here blaming her tax increase on Bush's tax reduction.

i think its funny how angry the left gets at tax cuts. they just hate to see someone who works for a living get to keep more of the money they earned. they spew hate at the very tax cuts that gave EVERYONE more of their own money. very interesting.

If these tax cuts for the wealthy are such a great idea and such a job creator, why did they add so much to the deficit and why haven't they been creating jobs?

They did. Where were you during most of 2000-2006?

When you're working churning out leather leashes at a sewing machine on piece work you ought to expect some 3rd world guy will take your job.
I guess WalMart greeter is still a possibility for you, given your skill level and all.

They did. Where were you during most of 2000-2006?

When you're working churning out leather leashes at a sewing machine on piece work you ought to expect some 3rd world guy will take your job.
I guess WalMart greeter is still a possibility for you, given your skill level and all.

Guess there aren't (or weren't) a whole lot of IT jobs in Gooberville, USA.

Rabbi Doucheberg steps on his dick again.

Dont forget. Mr. Obama proimised no tax increases to the middle class. Not one dime.

So when it hapopens, he will say:

"it is not an increase in your taxes. It is an elimination of a prervious decrease. If Bush did not cut your taxes, you would not have the increase now. So blame Bush."

And sadly, people like Truthmatters will be on here blaming her tax increase on Bush's tax reduction.

Gonna have to mark this one down
:D

How about because increasing taxes during a recession is a really really stupid idea?
As stupid as cutting taxes during two wars?

How does raising taxes help the war effort?
By paying for it without driving us into debt. DUH!

If you remember, one of the lies we were told was that the Iraqi oil would pay for the war, so even a useful idiot like Bush knew that wars cost a lot of money.

Do you think the national debt is a factor when a grunt has to charge a bunker? Is the national debt part of the conversation when a group of Generals discuss strategic logistics and close air support?

If you have a point here, you should make it.

If you remember, one of the lies we were told was that the Iraqi oil would pay for the war, so even a useful idiot like Bush knew that wars cost a lot of money.

None of which is relevant to winning a war.

Originally Posted by Political Junky

Do you think the national debt is a factor when a grunt has to charge a bunker? Is the national debt part of the conversation when a group of Generals discuss strategic logistics and close air support?

If you have a point here, you should make it.

None of which is relevant to winning a war.
Of course it is relevant to the original question you are trying to avoid.

I want to know how raising taxes which cripples the economy will help any war effort? I think that's a valid question.
Of course Edtheshmuck has no answer. In any case, since Obama ran on not raising taxes for anyone earning under 250k/year and now has jettisoned that stance we have to say he must have agreed with Bush's policy of not raising taxes. How many bills to raise taxes to pay for the war did Obama introduce in the Senate? I mean when he wasn't out campaigning for president. I realize that only left him 3 days to propose legislation, but still. If it was that important he should have sponsored emergency tax resolutions. Please post those here.

But you must consider liberal logic:

"We created a massive mess and debt, thus, we're gonna need you to give us even more of your $$ in order for us to fix it:cool:"

To THEM, thats a good idea.

But always remember. The dynamics of the relationship a liberal has to the rest of society. Liberals are basically like our teenage children with a credit card at the mall. They whine about everything, spend like it's not their money, cuz it's not, then bitch and moan about whats owed to them and why you are angry about having to pay the bill.

Explain to me how liberals are to blame for the massive debt. As I remember it, we had a surplus under Clinton, and Bush ran us into a deficit.

There was no "surplus." Any balancing of the budget happened when Newt Gingrich was speaker. The deficit exploded once Nancy Pelosi became Speaker. Then it doubled when Obama became president.
Congress sets the budget, not the president.
Does this make it clear to you? Or will you come back spewing more partisan hack bullshit that exonerates Democrats and skewers Republicans?

I stand corrected; we went from a projected surplus to massive deficit. I do disagree that the president doesn't have anything to do with the budget, however:

http://www.rules.house.gov/archives/RS20179.pdf

If you look at the following graph, it shows that about half way through the Clinton Administration the national debt began to go back down. It began its dramatic climb back up at the end of the Bush Administration.

U.S. National Debt Graph: What the Press Won't Tell You

Also, I disagree that the national debt shows immediate response to a politician taking office. You said, "The deficit exploded once Nancy Pelosi became Speaker." I think the policies need a little time to work before the effects show themselves.

I'm interested in hearing you defend your point. Give examples of things the Republican Congress did during the Clinton Administration that lowered the national debt. Give examples of things the Democratic Congress did during the Bush Administration that increased the national debt.

Forum List

Back