Why Don't Atheists Contribute To Society?

Are you a follower of Christ or not? If you are, it is you who those words are for. Don't confuse my lack of faith with a lack of knowledge. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you realize there was no Christian religion in Jesus' lifetime, let alone a Church. (Jesus lived and died a Jew. If there was a Christian Church Jesus probably would not have been a member.)

I have to admire how you hide behind the "church" and don't take responsibility for your own actions but feel free to criticize the actions of others.

Well, you are absolutely wrong this time. You are simply trying to confuse terms. Christ was addressing a man who was petitioning him to let him become one of the disciples. That is the truth as anyone who understands what the conversation taking place was about. I am a Christian. I am not and was never one of Christ's apostles.

Here's another one for you. Where in the whole of the Bible does it instruct me as a member of the Church to go out and preach or try to save anyone at all? Please post the scripture if you think I am supposed to either preach to you or try to save your soul.

I guess you are right. He told his disciples to go spread the word. He didn't tell them to tell you to do it too technically. But I would guess Chistians want to do what Jesus asked so they spread the word.

Exactly. Christians are to set an example by living a life pleasing to God. They were never commanded to either preach or try to save anyone's soul. The Bible plainly states that it is God himself who does the calling - not man. God has a way of getting one's attention as He illustrated with Paul.

How's he doing over in the middle east?

Whatever He desires. I suspect the Middle East is going according to His plan. He said the Muslim hordes would move against Jerusalem in the latter days. Perhaps He is setting the stage. I don't know. God doesn't consult me with His plans.

It doesn't even bother you just how re god damn diculous your stories are.

He said? Really? The Lord said it? When is the last time the lord said anything?

Why is it now that we have developed rational inquiry we hear only a deafening silence from a god who once supposedly engaged regularly in human affairs? Why does god not simply speak to us or appear before us as he supposedly used to? Why are we the losers in the dice roll of time? If a god places such a high value on us worshipping and believing then why not simply make its existence obvious to us?

If one accepts the prevailing scientific understanding of the development of the universe, yet also believes in one of the major religions, then presumably a god sat idle for 13.7 billion years – waiting as the stars, galaxies and planets formed. Then it watched with complete and utter indifference as modern Homo Sapians evolved, struggled and died for a further 150,000 years. Finally, a few thousand years ago, this god suddenly decided to reveal itself to several people in the most primitive, illiterate and remote portions of humanity in a completely unverifiable way – and then simply disappeared.

And you say his plan is for us to continue murdering each other? Your god is one sick fuck. First he wasn't happy with us when Adam ate the apple, then he was mad at us at Soddom & Gamora, then he was unhappy with us and flooded the earth, all to just repopulate the earth with a bunch of new assholes and soon he's going to come back and take all the christians to heaven but the rest of us will go to hell?

Wake up fools.

Well, you are absolutely wrong this time. You are simply trying to confuse terms. Christ was addressing a man who was petitioning him to let him become one of the disciples. That is the truth as anyone who understands what the conversation taking place was about. I am a Christian. I am not and was never one of Christ's apostles.

Here's another one for you. Where in the whole of the Bible does it instruct me as a member of the Church to go out and preach or try to save anyone at all? Please post the scripture if you think I am supposed to either preach to you or try to save your soul.

I guess you are right. He told his disciples to go spread the word. He didn't tell them to tell you to do it too technically. But I would guess Chistians want to do what Jesus asked so they spread the word.

Exactly. Christians are to set an example by living a life pleasing to God. They were never commanded to either preach or try to save anyone's soul. The Bible plainly states that it is God himself who does the calling - not man. God has a way of getting one's attention as He illustrated with Paul.

Whatever He desires. I suspect the Middle East is going according to His plan. He said the Muslim hordes would move against Jerusalem in the latter days. Perhaps He is setting the stage. I don't know. God doesn't consult me with His plans.

He said? Really? The Lord said it? When is the last time the lord said anything?

Why is it now that we have developed rational inquiry we hear only a deafening silence from a god who once supposedly engaged regularly in human affairs? Why does god not simply speak to us or appear before us as he supposedly used to? Why are we the losers in the dice roll of time? If a god places such a high value on us worshipping and believing then why not simply make its existence obvious to us?

If one accepts the prevailing scientific understanding of the development of the universe, yet also believes in one of the major religions, then presumably a god sat idle for 13.7 billion years – waiting as the stars, galaxies and planets formed. Then it watched with complete and utter indifference as modern Homo Sapians evolved, struggled and died for a further 150,000 years. Finally, a few thousand years ago, this god suddenly decided to reveal itself to several people in the most primitive, illiterate and remote portions of humanity in a completely unverifiable way – and then simply disappeared.

And you say his plan is for us to continue murdering each other? Your god is one sick fuck. First he wasn't happy with us when Adam ate the apple, then he was mad at us at Soddom & Gamora, then he was unhappy with us and flooded the earth, all to just repopulate the earth with a bunch of new assholes and soon he's going to come back and take all the christians to heaven but the rest of us will go to hell?

Wake up fools.

I totally agree. Why He puts up with us I cannot fathom. Small wonder He doesn't just rain fire down again and destroy us all. He certainly has enough justification.

Don't worry, he will judge everybody, and the world as we know it will cease to exist.

Apparently you don't understand the term "fundy" any better than you understand the Word.

Wake up fools.

I totally agree. Why He puts up with us I cannot fathom. Small wonder He doesn't just rain fire down again and destroy us all. He certainly has enough justification.

Why do we put up with him? How many women were raped today and begged god to help?

And then when one person narrowly escapes death, you give god the credit and ignore all the murder/death/kills he ignored?

I would love to be your god. I have to do NOTHING and still you will worship me?

Rain fire down again? Why did he do it the last time? Isn't he sort of responsible seeing as how he is the beginning and the end, he knows everything. He should already know who's gonna sin before they are even born.

God is such a stupid concept. Unless you are a stupid human who needs to be scared/lied to in order for you to be good. I don't need a god or hell to make me be good.

In fact the Jesus story is bullshit. You don't even have to be a good person. You can be the biggest cock sucker in the world. All you have to believe is Jesus is the Messiah and you are saved. What a crock of shit.

Don't worry, he will judge everybody, and the world as we know it will cease to exist.

I'm hoping he takes all of you FUNDIES with him to heaven and leave us here on earth. With you all gone it will be paradise again here on earth. Less populated and less global warming.

It's only stupid when framed by your mind, boob.

Stupid people can't conceive of the big concepts, and think they prove their own intelligence by insisting that if they can't understand it, everybody else who DOES understand it are big dum-dums.

Free your mind and accept salvation. Or reject it, and enjoy your time in hell.

I'm hoping he takes all of you FUNDIES with him to heaven and leave us here on earth. With you all gone it will be paradise again here on earth. Less populated and less global warming.

Ah, the progressive mantra:

"Let's kill the Christians and enjoy Utopia!"

Wake up fools.

Why do we put up with him? How many women were raped today and begged god to help?

And then when one person narrowly escapes death, you give god the credit and ignore all the murder/death/kills he ignored?

I would love to be your god. I have to do NOTHING and still you will worship me?

Rain fire down again? Why did he do it the last time? Isn't he sort of responsible seeing as how he is the beginning and the end, he knows everything. He should already know who's gonna sin before they are even born.

God is such a stupid concept. Unless you are a stupid human who needs to be scared/lied to in order for you to be good. I don't need a god or hell to make me be good.

In fact the Jesus story is bullshit. You don't even have to be a good person. You can be the biggest cock sucker in the world. All you have to believe is Jesus is the Messiah and you are saved. What a crock of shit.

I don't think you need worry yourself about being anyone's god. Most gods that I have ever heard of at least have one good quality. Seriously though, (You got that, right? I'm going to be serious now) I realize my God will never fill the golf shoes of your god, OBAMA.

Apparently you don't understand the term "fundy" any better than you understand the Word.

Of course I do. You're one of those hell-fire and damnation preachers who condemns everyone who don't believe as you tell them to believe to serve centuries of burning in the flames of hell only to be called forth to a kangaroo court whereupon you fundies have a tailgate party and finally toss the poor fellow into a Lake of Fire even hotter than from the hell-fires from which he came. You're really a compassionate little bunch of sadists.

Hate to disappoint you but He never actually promised anyone they would go to Heaven. Christ's kingdom will be right here on earth. You'll just have to put up with me for a long long time.

I don't wan to kill them. I hope their story comes true. You know the one where jesus comes and raptures them all and leaves the rest of us here. I would love it!

Except we'd probably have to fight a wholly war with the Muslims if all the Christians were gone. That's just about the only reason I would want them around.

Of course I do. You're one of those hell-fire and damnation preachers who condemns everyone who don't believe as you tell them to believe to serve centuries of burning in the flames of hell only to be called forth to a kangaroo court whereupon you fundies have a tailgate party and finally toss the poor fellow into a Lake of Fire even hotter than from the hell-fires from which he came. You're really a compassionate little bunch of sadists.

I don't condemn anybody at all.

As for the rest of your post..it's nonsensical.

I don't wan to kill them. I hope their story comes true. You know the one where jesus comes and raptures them all and leaves the rest of us here. I would love it!

Except we'd probably have to fight a wholly war with the Muslims if all the Christians were gone. That's just about the only reason I would want them around.

Another completely nonsensical post. Please try again.

Hate to disappoint you but He never actually promised anyone they would go to Heaven. Christ's kingdom will be right here on earth. You'll just have to put up with me for a long long time.

I guess that depends on who you ask.

Rapture is a term which refers to the "being caught up" discussed in 1 Thessalonians 4:16, when the "dead in Christ" and "we who are alive and remain" will be "caught up in the clouds" to meet "the Lord in the air"

In the pre-tribulation view, a group of people will be left behind on earth after another group literally leaves "to meet the Lord in the air." This is the most common use of the term, especially among fundamentalist Christians and in the United States. The other, older use of the term "Rapture" is simply as a synonym for the final resurrection generally, without a belief that a group of people is left behind on earth for an extended Tribulation period after the events of 1 Thessalonians 4:17.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture#cite_note-5
This distinction is important as some types of Christianity never refer to "the Rapture" in religious education, but might use the older and more general sense of the word "rapture" in referring to what happens during the final resurrection.

I don't condemn anybody at all.

As for the rest of your post..it's nonsensical.

I think he nailed your sorry ass.

I'm not surprised. I did say it was nonsensical...as well as untruthful (the part that made sense).

What happens when the sun burns out and the earth dies? Do you think god is going to stop the inevitable?

Keep in mind anything you say will be considered magical thinking.

Stupid people can't conceive of the big concepts, and think they prove their own intelligence by insisting that if they can't understand it, everybody else who DOES understand it are big dum-dums.

Or better yet, free your mind from the

Or, better yet, we can acknowledge that sometimes it is appropriate to point and laugh at the goofy thumpers who feel a need to threaten people with their gawds.

You xtian Taliban are as much a danger to those around you as you are to yourselves.

Forum List

Back