Why Don't Atheists Contribute To Society?

Since hurricanes are legally considered 'acts of God', I would think that it would be God's job to fix the mess.

I just realized that is exactly what they call them. Acts of God! We need to stop calling them that.

An act of God is a legal term for events outside human control, such as sudden natural disasters, for which no one can be held responsible.

Not to be confused with Divine Intervention

Divine intervention is a term for a miracle caused by a deity's active involvement in the human world.

True story and one of my favorites -

When Mike Huckabee was governor of Arkansas he once tried to end the use of the term 'act of God' to describe a natural disaster because he didn't think it was right to associate God with such bad events.

...maybe I can find the link...

lol, see I wasn't kidding:

Governor Won t Sign an Acts of God Bill - New York Times

I find it amazing today that theists still believe tornado's or hurricanes are god punishing us for gays or abortion.

Miracles have not been demonstrated to occur. The existence of a miracle would pose logical problems for belief in a god which can supposedly see the future and began the universe with a set of predefined laws.

Most alleged miracles can be explained as statistically unlikely occurrences. For example, one child surviving a plane crash that kills two hundred others is not a miracle, just as one person winning the lottery is not. In the absence of any empirical evidence, all other claims can be dismissed as the result of magical thinking, misattribution, credulity, hearsay and anecdote. Eye-witness testimony and anecdotal accounts are, by themselves, not reliable or definitive forms of proof for such extraordinary claims.

Divine intervention claims most often concern systems and events for which we have poor predictive capabilities, for example, weather, sports, health and social/economic interactions. Such claims are rarely made in relation to those things we can accurately predict and test e.g. the motion of celestial bodies, boiling point of water and pull of gravity. If a god is constantly intervening in the universe it supposedly created, then it is with such ambiguity as to appear completely indistinguishable from normal background chance.

Theists often fail to adequately apportion blame when claims of their particular god’s ‘infinite mercy’ or ‘omnibenevolence’ involve sparing a few lives in a disaster, or recovery from a debilitating disease – all of which their god would ultimately be responsible for inflicting if it existed.

Elite athletes make first place, strange shapes appear on toast and some people narrowly escape death, but amputated limbs never regrow, mountains never move and food never spontaneously appears in front of the hundreds of children that starve to death each hour.

Actually, I haven't seen any such posts as you are claiming here on this thread.

A. What is your question?

B. You seem angry or upset.

C. What claims specifically do you disagree with?

D. This thread is about what we contribute to society. To get back on track, we contribute SCIENCE, Reason, logic. Some of the great Greek Phylosophers were atheists. If not, they wouldn't have dared to ask the questions they asked themselves. They had to be quiet because that kind of talk was herasy back then.

And let me ask you. Do you hate or love the Age of Enlightenment? I love it. Before then, anything that happened we just thought "god did it" or "it was god's will". Turns out Cancer isn't just god's will. Turns out the earth is billions of years old. Turns out science knows better. And who came up with all the medicines and cures and challenged the status quo thinking? Science. Even at the risk of being persecuted. And a lot of those scientists are atheists.

Turns out religion is fos.

Interesting story my friend told me the other day. Long story short, if it weren't for a very small percentage of humans, we'd still be apes living in caves. The very smartest humans came up with clothing, fire, the wheel, electricity, medicine, airplanes, cars, engines, rope, steel, pasta, guitars, guns, nuclear energy, etc. I could go on and on. Fact is, the majority of humans are just sheep along for the ride. A very small percent of men are smart enough to keep us from going back to the time before Edison. Hell, you know you probably couldn't even make a bow and arrow from scratch.

So don't brag that 95% of the people believe in gods. BFD. They are also the dumb ones.

And so what even a lot of smart people believe too. We know why. The fact that an intelligent person holds an irrational belief is simply evidence that our brains are able to compartmentalize world-views and models from one another, usually in order to maintain a state of ‘ignorant bliss’ and escape the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

......................................................................................

Surely you are aware of missionaries?

Okay, up until now your holier-than-thou thread has added a bit of humor to my Sat. morn. But now you're talking some serious shit. I could give you hundreds of pages relating the horrors and destruction bestowed on indigenous populations by do-gooder "Christian" missionaries. Let's start with one.

The South Pacific

"We start our catalog of the brutality of Christian missionaries in the island of Tahiti. In 1797, thirty years after the discovery of Tahiti by Wallis, the first missionaries landed on the island. The missionaries, sent by the London Missionary Society, tried for seven years to convert the natives but were unable to make any headway.
It was then that they discovered, as if by miracle, the proper method of converting the Tahitians. They discovered that the local chief, Pomare, liked alcohol (distilled by the missionaries) - so much that he became an alcoholic. Addicted to the distilled spirit (perhaps the holy spirit), Pomare agreed to back the missionaries in their work of conversion. Pomare, supplied with western firearms, easily subdued his native opponents. Upon his victory over his rivals, the whole island was forcibly converted in one day.

Then the process of inculcating "Christian virtues" began. Persistent unbelievers, those who refused to be converted, were executed. Singing was banned (except for hymns) and all forms of adornment, flowers or tattoo were disallowed. Of course, surfing and dancing were not permitted as well. The punishment for breaking any of these rules included, among others, being sentenced to hard labour.

Within thirty years of missionary control, the population of Tahiti fell from an inital estimate of 20,000 to 6,000.

From Tahiti, the missionaries moved on to the neighbouring islands. They employed the same tactic that had served them so well in Tahiti: they would introduce the local chief to alcohol, made him and alcholic, convert him to Christianity and then leave it to the chief to convert the locals. After converting the majority the minority that refused to convert were persecuted and sometimes executed. On the island of Raratonga, men were conscripted into the missionary police to help eliminate the remaining idolators. On another island, Raiatea, a man who was able to forecast the weather by studying the behaviour of fish was executed for witchcraft.

This was how the South Pacific was Christianized".
I have never agreed with proselytizing. Christian principals should be able to stand on their own merit. There is no need to cram it down the throats of nonbelievers. So much of the worlds problems are result of trying force one's religion on others. If Christians believed as Buddhist, that there are many paths up the mountain and each person should find their own path, the world would be a lot better place to live in.

I agree but I must point out that as it appears to me, most of the complaining and sheer hatred exhibited is from the atheists crowd.
A lot of people do hate religion or some facet of it.. Some are atheists, some are agnostics, some are scientist who take issue with biblical interpretation of natural science, and some just don't like the special treatment government gives religions organization. The whole issue is blown out of proportion by thousands of religious media outlets attempting to defend the faith.

Last edited:
Were you there? Did you hand out water or do anything at all yourself?
I don't recall making any such claim. First, I'm not an atheist (I'm agnostic) and second, I don't live near LA. Not that it matters but I did contribute some relief $ and directly supported the relief effort through my professional work.

Were you not getting paid?

You asked if I assisted not if I benefited. As it happens, both are true, and no I did not give everything I owned to the victims. Did you?

Hardly. I'm not entirely stupid. Was I supposed to? Who made such a rule? You?

Actually it was Jesus: Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me." Matthew 22

Go back and read it and try to understand the conversation and with whom Christ was having the conversation. He gave no such instruction to the Church at large. He was having a conversation with a man who had expressed a desire to become one of the disciples, but please don't allow your own lack of knowledge to get in your way.

Are you a follower of Christ or not? If you are, it is you who those words are for. Don't confuse my lack of faith with a lack of knowledge. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you realize there was no Christian religion in Jesus' lifetime, let alone a Church. (Jesus lived and died a Jew. If there was a Christian Church Jesus probably would not have been a member.)

I have to admire how you hide behind the "church" and don't take responsibility for your own actions but feel free to criticize the actions of others.

Well, you are absolutely wrong this time. You are simply trying to confuse terms. Christ was addressing a man who was petitioning him to let him become one of the disciples. That is the truth as anyone who understands what the conversation taking place was about. I am a Christian. I am not and was never one of Christ's apostles.

Here's another one for you. Where in the whole of the Bible does it instruct me as a member of the Church to go out and preach or try to save anyone at all? Please post the scripture if you think I am supposed to either preach to you or try to save your soul.

I guess you are right. He told his disciples to go spread the word. He didn't tell them to tell you to do it too technically. But I would guess Chistians want to do what Jesus asked so they spread the word.

Exactly. Christians are to set an example by living a life pleasing to God. They were never commanded to either preach or try to save anyone's soul. The Bible plainly states that it is God himself who does the calling - not man. God has a way of getting one's attention as He illustrated with Paul.

How's he doing over in the middle east?

Since hurricanes are legally considered 'acts of God', I would think that it would be God's job to fix the mess.

I just realized that is exactly what they call them. Acts of God! We need to stop calling them that.

An act of God is a legal term for events outside human control, such as sudden natural disasters, for which no one can be held responsible.

Not to be confused with Divine Intervention

Divine intervention is a term for a miracle caused by a deity's active involvement in the human world.

True story and one of my favorites -

When Mike Huckabee was governor of Arkansas he once tried to end the use of the term 'act of God' to describe a natural disaster because he didn't think it was right to associate God with such bad events.

...maybe I can find the link...

lol, see I wasn't kidding:

Governor Won t Sign an Acts of God Bill - New York Times

I find it amazing today that theists still believe tornado's or hurricanes are god punishing us for gays or abortion.

Miracles have not been demonstrated to occur. The existence of a miracle would pose logical problems for belief in a god which can supposedly see the future and began the universe with a set of predefined laws.

Most alleged miracles can be explained as statistically unlikely occurrences. For example, one child surviving a plane crash that kills two hundred others is not a miracle, just as one person winning the lottery is not. In the absence of any empirical evidence, all other claims can be dismissed as the result of magical thinking, misattribution, credulity, hearsay and anecdote. Eye-witness testimony and anecdotal accounts are, by themselves, not reliable or definitive forms of proof for such extraordinary claims.

Divine intervention claims most often concern systems and events for which we have poor predictive capabilities, for example, weather, sports, health and social/economic interactions. Such claims are rarely made in relation to those things we can accurately predict and test e.g. the motion of celestial bodies, boiling point of water and pull of gravity. If a god is constantly intervening in the universe it supposedly created, then it is with such ambiguity as to appear completely indistinguishable from normal background chance.

Theists often fail to adequately apportion blame when claims of their particular god’s ‘infinite mercy’ or ‘omnibenevolence’ involve sparing a few lives in a disaster, or recovery from a debilitating disease – all of which their god would ultimately be responsible for inflicting if it existed.

Elite athletes make first place, strange shapes appear on toast and some people narrowly escape death, but amputated limbs never regrow, mountains never move and food never spontaneously appears in front of the hundreds of children that starve to death each hour.

Actually, I haven't seen any such posts as you are claiming here on this thread.

A. What is your question?

B. You seem angry or upset.

C. What claims specifically do you disagree with?

D. This thread is about what we contribute to society. To get back on track, we contribute SCIENCE, Reason, logic. Some of the great Greek Phylosophers were atheists. If not, they wouldn't have dared to ask the questions they asked themselves. They had to be quiet because that kind of talk was herasy back then.

And let me ask you. Do you hate or love the Age of Enlightenment? I love it. Before then, anything that happened we just thought "god did it" or "it was god's will". Turns out Cancer isn't just god's will. Turns out the earth is billions of years old. Turns out science knows better. And who came up with all the medicines and cures and challenged the status quo thinking? Science. Even at the risk of being persecuted. And a lot of those scientists are atheists.

Turns out religion is fos.

Interesting story my friend told me the other day. Long story short, if it weren't for a very small percentage of humans, we'd still be apes living in caves. The very smartest humans came up with clothing, fire, the wheel, electricity, medicine, airplanes, cars, engines, rope, steel, pasta, guitars, guns, nuclear energy, etc. I could go on and on. Fact is, the majority of humans are just sheep along for the ride. A very small percent of men are smart enough to keep us from going back to the time before Edison. Hell, you know you probably couldn't even make a bow and arrow from scratch.

So don't brag that 95% of the people believe in gods. BFD. They are also the dumb ones.

And so what even a lot of smart people believe too. We know why. The fact that an intelligent person holds an irrational belief is simply evidence that our brains are able to compartmentalize world-views and models from one another, usually in order to maintain a state of ‘ignorant bliss’ and escape the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

What is my question? You didn't even bother to read the OP?

I am most probably the most least angry of any poster on here, including you.

I find it very sad that you feel the need to take it upon your shoulders to proclaim yourself to be among your 5% smart ones. LOL!

Were you there? Did you hand out water or do anything at all yourself?
I don't recall making any such claim. First, I'm not an atheist (I'm agnostic) and second, I don't live near LA. Not that it matters but I did contribute some relief $ and directly supported the relief effort through my professional work.

Were you not getting paid?

You asked if I assisted not if I benefited. As it happens, both are true, and no I did not give everything I owned to the victims. Did you?

Hardly. I'm not entirely stupid. Was I supposed to? Who made such a rule? You?

Actually it was Jesus: Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me." Matthew 22

Go back and read it and try to understand the conversation and with whom Christ was having the conversation. He gave no such instruction to the Church at large. He was having a conversation with a man who had expressed a desire to become one of the disciples, but please don't allow your own lack of knowledge to get in your way.

Are you a follower of Christ or not? If you are, it is you who those words are for. Don't confuse my lack of faith with a lack of knowledge. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you realize there was no Christian religion in Jesus' lifetime, let alone a Church. (Jesus lived and died a Jew. If there was a Christian Church Jesus probably would not have been a member.)

I have to admire how you hide behind the "church" and don't take responsibility for your own actions but feel free to criticize the actions of others.

Well, you are absolutely wrong this time. You are simply trying to confuse terms. Christ was addressing a man who was petitioning him to let him become one of the disciples. That is the truth as anyone who understands what the conversation taking place was about. I am a Christian. I am not and was never one of Christ's apostles.

Here's another one for you. Where in the whole of the Bible does it instruct me as a member of the Church to go out and preach or try to save anyone at all? Please post the scripture if you think I am supposed to either preach to you or try to save your soul.

I guess you are right. He told his disciples to go spread the word. He didn't tell them to tell you to do it too technically. But I would guess Chistians want to do what Jesus asked so they spread the word.

Exactly. Christians are to set an example by living a life pleasing to God. They were never commanded to either preach or try to save anyone's soul. The Bible plainly states that it is God himself who does the calling - not man. God has a way of getting one's attention as He illustrated with Paul.

How's he doing over in the middle east?

Whatever He desires. I suspect the Middle East is going according to His plan. He said the Muslim hordes would move against Jerusalem in the latter days. Perhaps He is setting the stage. I don't know. God doesn't consult me with His plans.

......................................................................................

Okay, up until now your holier-than-thou thread has added a bit of humor to my Sat. morn. But now you're talking some serious shit. I could give you hundreds of pages relating the horrors and destruction bestowed on indigenous populations by do-gooder "Christian" missionaries. Let's start with one.

The South Pacific

"We start our catalog of the brutality of Christian missionaries in the island of Tahiti. In 1797, thirty years after the discovery of Tahiti by Wallis, the first missionaries landed on the island. The missionaries, sent by the London Missionary Society, tried for seven years to convert the natives but were unable to make any headway.
It was then that they discovered, as if by miracle, the proper method of converting the Tahitians. They discovered that the local chief, Pomare, liked alcohol (distilled by the missionaries) - so much that he became an alcoholic. Addicted to the distilled spirit (perhaps the holy spirit), Pomare agreed to back the missionaries in their work of conversion. Pomare, supplied with western firearms, easily subdued his native opponents. Upon his victory over his rivals, the whole island was forcibly converted in one day.

Then the process of inculcating "Christian virtues" began. Persistent unbelievers, those who refused to be converted, were executed. Singing was banned (except for hymns) and all forms of adornment, flowers or tattoo were disallowed. Of course, surfing and dancing were not permitted as well. The punishment for breaking any of these rules included, among others, being sentenced to hard labour.

Within thirty years of missionary control, the population of Tahiti fell from an inital estimate of 20,000 to 6,000.

From Tahiti, the missionaries moved on to the neighbouring islands. They employed the same tactic that had served them so well in Tahiti: they would introduce the local chief to alcohol, made him and alcholic, convert him to Christianity and then leave it to the chief to convert the locals. After converting the majority the minority that refused to convert were persecuted and sometimes executed. On the island of Raratonga, men were conscripted into the missionary police to help eliminate the remaining idolators. On another island, Raiatea, a man who was able to forecast the weather by studying the behaviour of fish was executed for witchcraft.

I have never agreed with proselytizing. Christian principals should be able to stand on their own merit. There is no need to cram it down the throats of nonbelievers. So much of the worlds problems are result of trying force one's religion on others. If Christians believed as Buddhist, that there are many paths up the mountain and each person should find their own path, the world would be a lot better place to live in.

I agree but I must point out that as it appears to me, most of the complaining and sheer hatred exhibited is from the atheists crowd.
A lot of people do hate religion or some facet of it.. Some are atheists, some are agnostics, some are scientist who take issue with biblical interpretation of natural science, and some just don't like the special treatment government gives religions organization. The whole issue is blown out of proportion by thousands of religious media outlets attempting to defend the faith.

Yes, there is certainly enough blame to go around. As far as media outlets, religion for sale has always been a lucrative business.

The South Pacific

Yes, there is certainly enough blame to go around. As far as media outlets, religion for sale has always been a lucrative business.
You End Times cultists are a scary lot. You're as much a danger to those around you as you are to each other. People who have been deluded into believing that their ultimate fate is to wait for the return of an angry supernatural entity who will once again wipe humanity from the planet (this time with fire), tend to be the least competent thinkers. Their decisions tend to be skewed toward fulfilling some obscene, grotesque fantasy of burning flesh and total destruction.

Mark 16:15 NKJV
“And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.'”
In this passage, Jesus is talking to His disciples who had not believed Mary Magdalene when she proclaimed His resurrection. He instructs them to go forth, sharing the Word of God and baptizing believers. He elaborates on the power of belief by telling the disciples that believers will be able to cast out demons, speak in new tongues, be immune to poison and heal the sick. Belief is a powerful thing.
Matthew 24:14 NKJV
“And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.”
In Matthew 24, Jesus’ disciples ask Him for the signs of the “close of the age.” Matthew 24:14 is significant for the end times because it tells us that the gospel will be spread throughout the world “and then the end will come.” This will be one last chance for non-believers to hear, believe and repent.
Psalms 96:3 NKJV
“Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples.”
Psalm 96:3 is part of a hymn lifting up the Lord and praising Him for all that he has done. Much like we are eager to tell people when we are in love, the same should be true of God. We are so filled with love for Him and the blessings of the Spirit that we cannot keep silent.
Matthew 28:19-20 NKJV
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Mark 16:15 NKJV
“And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.'”
In this passage, Jesus is talking to His disciples who had not believed Mary Magdalene when she proclaimed His resurrection. He instructs them to go forth, sharing the Word of God and baptizing believers. He elaborates on the power of belief by telling the disciples that believers will be able to cast out demons, speak in new tongues, be immune to poison and heal the sick. Belief is a powerful thing.
Matthew 24:14 NKJV
“And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.”
In Matthew 24, Jesus’ disciples ask Him for the signs of the “close of the age.” Matthew 24:14 is significant for the end times because it tells us that the gospel will be spread throughout the world “and then the end will come.” This will be one last chance for non-believers to hear, believe and repent.
Psalms 96:3 NKJV
“Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples.”
Psalm 96:3 is part of a hymn lifting up the Lord and praising Him for all that he has done. Much like we are eager to tell people when we are in love, the same should be true of God. We are so filled with love for Him and the blessings of the Spirit that we cannot keep silent.
Matthew 28:19-20 NKJV
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

This is all fine and dandy except there still remains no instruction for me to preach or baptize or save souls. Neither am I personally charged to condemn anyone at all for their perceived transgressions.

The South Pacific

You End Times cultists are a scary lot. You're as much a danger to those around you as you are to each other. People who have been deluded into believing that their ultimate fate is to wait for the return of an angry supernatural entity who will once again wipe humanity from the planet (this time with fire), tend to be the least competent thinkers. Their decisions tend to be skewed toward fulfilling some obscene, grotesque fantasy of burning flesh and total destruction.

Where have I even mentioned anything at all about burning flesh? Where have I preached any doctrine unto anyone? Your problem with me is that I am unlike the mold you have formed in your own mind concerning Christians. I broke that mold any you don't know how to handle it.

When Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, Christian churches gathered up water and toiletries and other basic human needs and handed out to the storm victims. When Ivan hit, they did the same thing. It has happened over and over whenever their has been a natural disaster. Even individual families who have fell victim to home fires, floods, etc., have been helped by the Church.

Where are the atheists in all this?

Do you lie to your children as well?

The South Pacific

Where have I even mentioned anything at all about burning flesh? Where have I preached any doctrine unto anyone? Your problem with me is that I am unlike the mold you have formed in your own mind concerning Christians. I broke that mold any you don't know how to handle it.
Did you forget what you wrote in post# 125? It speaks directly to the End Times cult mentality and the tales and fables of Jesus Sr. returning.

Believe those cult fantasies if you wish but when you bring them into a public forum, you've given an allowance for others to comment.

The South Pacific

Did you forget what you wrote in post# 125? It speaks directly to the End Times cult mentality and the tales and fables of Jesus Sr. returning.

Believe those cult fantasies if you wish but when you bring them into a public forum, you've given an allowance for others to comment.

Please point out to me where in Post #25 I even remotely mentioned anything concerning burning flesh. The end times and burning flesh appears to occupy your mind - not mine. I have no fear or concern of any burning flesh or of any end times myself. You just cannot trap me into trying to preach to you or into making any attempt to save your soul, can you? Frustrating, isn't it?

The South Pacific

According to a 2011 Gallop Poll 6% of Americans claim to be atheists. and 90% believe in God. Most atheists have little to say about religion and certain don't try to spread their beliefs. It seems amazing that religious media which represents so many would be constantly trying to stamp out such a small group. I suppose these media outlets have to make a buck and atheists are easy an target.

The South Pacific

Please point out to me where in Post #25 I even remotely mentioned anything concerning burning flesh. The end times and burning flesh appears to occupy your mind - not mine. I have no fear or concern of any burning flesh or of any end times myself. You just cannot trap me into trying to preach to you or into making any attempt to save your soul, can you? Frustrating, isn't it?
You might take some time to avoid these embarrassing backstrokes. Otherwise, consider joining the Olympic swim team.

Give us a short primer on the Christian eschatology mythos and what the tales and fables recite in connection with Jesus, Sr. and his happy-fun plans on the return to earth. You alluded to it in your post# 125: "according to his plan", "setting the stage."

Why are you making such thinly veiled threats as a part of your proselytizing?

The South Pacific

You might take some time to avoid these embarrassing backstrokes. Otherwise, consider joining the Olympic swim team.

Give us a short primer on the Christian eschatology mythos and what the tales and fables recite in connection with Jesus, Sr. and his happy-fun plans on the return to earth. You alluded to it in your post# 125: "according to his plan", "setting the stage."

Still attempting to goad me into preaching to you, aren't you? LOL!! You seem to be the one wanting to preach. Go ahead. Don't let me stop you.

The South Pacific

Still attempting to goad me into preaching to you, aren't you? LOL!! You seem to be the one wanting to preach. Go ahead. Don't let me stop you.
I was curious as to why you're preaching. In spite of your denials, you're doing precisely that.

The South Pacific

I was curious as to why you're preaching. In spite of your denials, you're doing precisely that.

In reality, you're the one coming off as a religious zealot.

The South Pacific

I hold no belief in religion / supernaturalism.

I think there needs to be an acknowledgement that religious zealots whose direct beliefs embrace the “endtimes”, and whose actions may be to engage circumstances to accelerate those irrational beliefs – these are people who should have a hand on the trigger???

When one’s religious belief has squashed the fundamental survival instinct common to all living creatures, and, when that religious belief has engendered the concept that our mortal lives are of diminished value and our existence is paltry time wasted prior to the afterlife…

The South Pacific

Regarding my response to your comments in post# 125, I think there needs to be an acknowledgement that the more excitable religious types whose direct beliefs embrace the “endtimes”, and whose actions may be to engage circumstances to accelerate those irrational beliefs may represent a danger to themselves and others.

When one’s religious belief has squashed the fundamental survival instinct common to all living creatures, and, when that religious belief has engendered the concept that our mortal lives are of diminished value and our existence is paltry time wasted prior to the afterlife, well, I have concerns.

I

The South Pacific

I think there needs to be an acknowledgement that religious zealots whose direct beliefs embrace the “endtimes”, and whose actions may be to engage circumstances to accelerate those irrational beliefs – these are people who should have a hand on the trigger???

When one’s religious belief has squashed the fundamental survival instinct common to all living creatures, and, when that religious belief has engendered the concept that our mortal lives are of diminished value and our existence is paltry time wasted prior to the afterlife…

The South Pacific

Regarding my response to your comments in post# 125, I think there needs to be an acknowledgement that the more excitable religious types whose direct beliefs embrace the “endtimes”, and whose actions may be to engage circumstances to accelerate those irrational beliefs may represent a danger to themselves and others.

When one’s religious belief has squashed the fundamental survival instinct common to all living creatures, and, when that religious belief has engendered the concept that our mortal lives are of diminished value and our existence is paltry time wasted prior to the afterlife, well, I have concerns.

I suggest you visit a religious form thread then. I am certain you will find some religious zealots there who will accommodate you.

Forum List

Back