Why Don't Atheists Contribute To Society?

the_human_being

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2014
When Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, Christian churches gathered up water and toiletries and other basic human needs and handed out to the storm victims. When Ivan hit, they did the same thing. It has happened over and over whenever their has been a natural disaster. Even individual families who have fell victim to home fires, floods, etc., have been helped by the Church.

Where are the atheists in all this?

When Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, Christian churches gathered up water and toiletries and other basic human needs and handed out to the storm victims. When Ivan hit, they did the same thing. It has happened over and over whenever their has been a natural disaster. Even individual families who have fell victim to home fires, floods, etc., have been helped by the Church.

You might try Google before you ask stupid questions.

From the American Atheists website, here's a list of non-religious charities who are providing aid and relief to Katrina victims.

American Atheists Home /

Helping the Victims of Katrina…
“All we have is each other…”

AMERICAN ATHEISTS urges all fellow nonbelievers to contribute to the rescue and other humanitarian efforts in the devastating wake of Hurricane Katrina.

A number of secular, non-religious aid organizations are active in this relief campaign. They do not incorporate a religious message in their operations, nor do they proselytize to those in need.

AMERICAN FRIENDS SERVICES COMMITTEE
AMERICAN HUMANIST ASSOCIATION
AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS (Founded by Deist-Unitarian Clara Barton)
AMERICARES
HANDS ON HUMANITY is a project of the Universist Movement. It is operated by Atheists and other secularists, and is concentrating on the Birmingham, Ala. area. It has applied for non-profit status.
The MASONIC SERVICES ASSOCIATION OF NORTH AMERICA has established a Katrina Hurricane Relief fund and accepts on-line donations.
MERCYCORPS
NETWORK FOR GOOD (has numerous listings for helping groups, both religious and secular)
OXFAM AMERICA
SECOND HARVEST
UNITED WAY OF AMERICA
HUMANE SOCIETY OF THE UNITED STATES (Our winged and four-legged friends need help, too!)
PETSMART CHARITIES
If you have been displaced by the Hurricane Katrina tragedy and need employment, and are currently in the Houston, Texas area, Gary may be able to help! His is a family (all proud Atheists) business. He needs a quality bench jeweler for manufacturing and repair. Please be fluent in English and a nonsmoker. Contact Gary at [email protected] or call 713-451-1321

Why didn't those Christians pray harder to their gods so as to prevent the Hurricane from making landfall?

Why do your gods continue to be serial mass murderers?

Well, this particular atheist was in line at the strip mall getting combat rations and water from the National Guard every day, because I lived through the whole thing and never saw a religious group handing out anything to anybody.

Why didn't those Christians pray harder to their gods so as to prevent the Hurricane from making landfall?

Be careful what you ask for. About 20 years ago, Pat Robertson asked all of his viewers to pray for a hurricane to change it's path, because it was threatening their broadcasting tower. It did, and 23 people were killed in the new path of the hurricane.

You know, all human value is not "contributed" by organized groups. You have no idea what has been done by individuals, nor is it really any of your business.

Ouch! Too funny!

You might try Google before you ask stupid questions.

From the American Atheists website, here's a list of non-religious charities who are providing aid and relief to Katrina victims.

American Atheists Home /

Helping the Victims of Katrina…
“All we have is each other…”

AMERICAN ATHEISTS urges all fellow nonbelievers to contribute to the rescue and other humanitarian efforts in the devastating wake of Hurricane Katrina.

A number of secular, non-religious aid organizations are active in this relief campaign. They do not incorporate a religious message in their operations, nor do they proselytize to those in need.

AMERICAN FRIENDS SERVICES COMMITTEE
AMERICAN HUMANIST ASSOCIATION
AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS (Founded by Deist-Unitarian Clara Barton)
AMERICARES
HANDS ON HUMANITY is a project of the Universist Movement. It is operated by Atheists and other secularists, and is concentrating on the Birmingham, Ala. area. It has applied for non-profit status.
The MASONIC SERVICES ASSOCIATION OF NORTH AMERICA has established a Katrina Hurricane Relief fund and accepts on-line donations.
MERCYCORPS
NETWORK FOR GOOD (has numerous listings for helping groups, both religious and secular)
OXFAM AMERICA
SECOND HARVEST
UNITED WAY OF AMERICA
HUMANE SOCIETY OF THE UNITED STATES (Our winged and four-legged friends need help, too!)
PETSMART CHARITIES
If you have been displaced by the Hurricane Katrina tragedy and need employment, and are currently in the Houston, Texas area, Gary may be able to help! His is a family (all proud Atheists) business. He needs a quality bench jeweler for manufacturing and repair. Please be fluent in English and a nonsmoker. Contact Gary at [email protected] or call 713-451-1321

But did any of these actually help anyone? I was down there during Katrina with my church group and saw none of these rep[resented. Were they at a tailgate party or something? Many of the church groups were shown on the news. I saw absolutely no atheists groups shown on the news. Were they afraid of publicity?

Ouch! Too funny!

From what I can see, smell, hear, and touch I have deducted that except for recycling, filtering out and reprocessing the mineral content of their bodies, atheists really are of no value.

You know, all human value is not "contributed" by organized groups. You have no idea what has been done by individuals, nor is it really any of your business.

In other words NOTHING!

In other words NOTHING!

What you have personally done to help Katrina victims?

We do. It just doesn't fit into your narrative.

It doesn't matter what I do or how hard I work. You will deny it to the end: :lalala:

I'm ok with that. I mean, who the hell are you anyway?

I am The Human Being. I am a totally foreign entity to you. Someone you attempt to deny.

In other words NOTHING!

Not only Katrina but Ivan also. I have taken bottled water, toiletries and other supplies to New Orleans in my trucks and handed them out to the people. I also help out at the local Waterfront Rescue Mission feeding and providing shelter to the homeless and displaced veterans as well as volunteer with the Red Cross. And you?

It doesn't matter what I do or how hard I work. You will deny it to the end: :lalala:

I am The Human Being. I am a totally foreign entity to you. Someone you attempt to deny.

You're trolling. Nothing more and nothing less.

But I successfully caught you didn't I? Trolling is a fishing term.

In other words NOTHING!

Not only Katrina but Ivan also. I have taken bottled water, toiletries and other supplies to New Orleans in my trucks and handed them out to the people. I also help out at the local Waterfront Rescue Mission feeding and providing shelter to the homeless and displaced veterans as well as volunteer with the Red Cross. And you?

I'm not the one accusing others in a sanctimonious tone. Good for you for volunteering your time and goods. It would be nice if you didn't need to put down other people in the process.

What I do with my own time and money are my private business. If I do something charitable, I don't expect attention for it.

Well, this particular atheist was in line at the strip mall getting combat rations and water from the National Guard every day, because I lived through the whole thing and never saw a religious group handing out anything to anybody.

You must have been one of those shooting at the first responders and looting the stores. It was all over television, even the looting.

You're trolling. Nothing more and nothing less.

But I successfully caught you didn't I? Trolling is a fishing term.

Not really. Had I verbally slapped you upside the head then you would have a case. As it stands, I'm simply acknowledging you as a waste of time.

Forum List

Back