Why Don't Atheists Contribute To Society?

Rather the opposite, I'm afraid. Not only proving you don't know what I *really am*...but that you don't understand the terms you use to describe me. Nor do you understand the terms you use in your own OP, or the terms used subsequently to answer the question in the OP.

Even the atheist has found you out. Still you want to preach?

Do you maintain that believing in hell means one hates the world?

How odd. But your thinking is disjointed, so not surprising.

What other false doctrines do you go around preaching in your quest to destroy the salvation of the cross?

Again, do you maintain that believing in hell means one hates the world?

We already established that the Great Commission is not false doctrine. Everybody else gets it. You're the only one who seems to have trouble with it..which isn't surprising given your obvious disconnect and inability to comprehend the language...

Uh . . . This isn't that thread. I thought you were mixed up and now you've just clarified that you are. Can't handle two things at one time?

So what false doctrine were YOU referring to, when you said I was preaching in my quest to destroy the salvation of the cross?

It appears that maybe you confused the two threads.

It's only stupid when framed by your mind, boob.

Stupid people can't conceive of the big concepts, and think they prove their own intelligence by insisting that if they can't understand it, everybody else who DOES understand it are big dum-dums.

Free your mind and accept salvation. Or reject it, and enjoy your time in hell.
Or better yet, free your mind from the

Stupid people can't conceive of the big concepts, and think they prove their own intelligence by insisting that if they can't understand it, everybody else who DOES understand it are big dum-dums.

Or, better yet, we can acknowledge that sometimes it is appropriate to point and laugh at the goofy thumpers who feel a need to threaten people with their gawds.

You xtian Taliban are as much a danger to those around you as you are to yourselves.

Wow yet another nonsensical rant.

What is *dangerous* about what I said? You think it's dangerous to point out the fact that anti-Christian hysterics apparently didn't have language arts in 6th grade?
I think you're just angry at being called out as a fraud.

I'm hoping he takes all of you FUNDIES with him to heaven and leave us here on earth. With you all gone it will be paradise again here on earth. Less populated and less global warming.

Hate to disappoint you but He never actually promised anyone they would go to Heaven. Christ's kingdom will be right here on earth. You'll just have to put up with me for a long long time.

What happens when the sun burns out and the earth dies? Do you think god is going to stop the inevitable?
well, yes actually.....

Keep in mind anything you say will be considered magical thinking.
and we care about what you consider it, why?.....

Well if you want us to believe you have to tell a believable story, dumb fuck.

It is a believable story.

We want everybody to believe, but our only responsibility is to share the Word. What you do with it is on you.

So you've been exposed, and rejected it. That's your choice.

Now kindly stop harassing Christians. Nobody goes looking for you in your troll threads to try to force you to accept Christ. You do, however, follow us around harranguing us because we share our own faith.

Get over it. Embrace your rejection of salvation, and get on with your life. It's all you're going to have.

It’s overly broad to claim that you thumpers who believe in magic and supernaturalism are a deluded lot. The symbolism of you angry cranks threatening people with your angry gawds is one of many aspects of christianity that calls to mind the ancient practice of mob violence and religious persecution from which Christian was derived One such reminder is seen by the really angry thumpers who pound their bibles and hurl their gawds' anger at anyone who questions their dogma.

Anthropologists would call this sympathetic magic, which is the ascription of magical properties to everyday acts and objects in an effort to control ones environment.

Hate to disappoint you but He never actually promised anyone they would go to Heaven. Christ's kingdom will be right here on earth. You'll just have to put up with me for a long long time.

What happens when the sun burns out and the earth dies? Do you think god is going to stop the inevitable?
well, yes actually.....

It is a believable story.

We want everybody to believe, but our only responsibility is to share the Word. What you do with it is on you.

So you've been exposed, and rejected it. That's your choice.

Now kindly stop harassing Christians. Nobody goes looking for you in your troll threads to try to force you to accept Christ. You do, however, follow us around harranguing us because we share our own faith.

Get over it. Embrace your rejection of salvation, and get on with your life. It's all you're going to have.

It’s not overly broad to claim that you thumpers who believe in magic and supernaturalism are a deluded lot. The symbolism of you angry cranks threatening people with your angry gawds is one of many aspects of christianity that calls to mind the ancient practice of mob violence and religious persecution from which Christianity was derived.

One such reminder is displayed by the really angry thumpers who pound their bibles and hurl their gawds' anger at anyone who questions their dogma.

Anthropologists would call this sympathetic magic, which is the ascription of magical properties to everyday acts and objects in an effort to control ones environment.

Rather the opposite, I'm afraid. Not only proving you don't know what I *really am*...but that you don't understand the terms you use to describe me. Nor do you understand the terms you use in your own OP, or the terms used subsequently to answer the question in the OP.

What is transparent though is the fact that you claim to be a preacher of Christianity yet in just a very few minutes you condemned this atheist twice. You have a fantastic bedside manner Preacher. His is yet another soul you have preached away from salvation.

I reject you, your god and the concept of hell.

Guess what Sealybobo. I'm a Christian and I reject her concept of a vengeful, uncompassionate, and unmerciful god as well as her hellish doctrine of eternal punishing as you do. The Father doesn't need preachers such as her. Her kind of preaching is destroying the Church and running people away from salvation.

I know you do. And what's sad...it makes no difference to me. You're the one who will suffer.

No I won't. While you sit there and worry about god(s)

“I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there’s little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.” – Carl Sagan

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” - Mark Twain

Also:

When I became convinced that the universe was natural, that all the ghosts and gods were myths, there entered into my brain, into my soul, into every drop of my blood, the sense, the feeling, the joy of freedom. The walls of my prison crumbled and fell. The dungeon was flooded with light and all the bolts and bars and manacles turned to dust. I was no longer a servant, a serf, or a slave. There was for me no master in all the wide world, not even in infinite space.

I was free to think. Free to express my thoughts, free to live in my own ideal. Free to live for myself and those I loved. Free to use all my faculties, all my senses. Free to spread imagination’s wings, free to investigate, to guess, and dream and hope. Free to judge and determine for myself. Free to reject all ignorant and cruel creeds, all the inspired books that savages have produced, and the barbarous legends of the past. Free from sanctified mistakes and “holy” lies. Free from the fear of eternal pain, free from the winged monsters of the night. Free from devils, ghosts and gods. For the first time I was free.

There were no prohibited places in all of the realm of thought. No error, no space where fancy could not spread her painted wings. No chains for my limbs. No lashes for my back. No flames for my flesh. No Master’s frown or threat, no following in another’s steps. No need to bow or cringe or crawl, or utter lying words. I was free; I stood erect and fearlessly, joyously faced all worlds.

My heart was filled with gratitude, with thankfulness, and went out in love to all the heros, the thinkers who gave their lives for liberty of hand and brain, for the freedom of labor and thought to those who fell on the fierce fields of war. To those who died in dungeons, bound in chains, to those by fire consumed, to all the wise, the good, the brave of every land whose thoughts and deeds have given freedom to the sons of men. And then, I vowed to grasp the torch that they held, and hold it high, That light might conquer darkness still.

-Robert Green Ingersoll (1833-1899)

Guess what Sealybobo. I'm a Christian and I reject her concept of a vengeful, uncompassionate, and unmerciful god as well as her hellish doctrine of eternal punishing as you do. The Father doesn't need preachers such as her. Her kind of preaching is destroying the Church and running people away from salvation.

So you can at least understand why we reject Christianity. You may have your own different little spin on the whole "only through me can you enter the kingdom" speech but fact is Christianity is just another religion. Zeus, Joseph Smith, Mohammad. Then you have to explain where the stories stop being fiction and start being reality. Because we read the old testament and the adam, eve, moses, noah stories are all just too much to take literally. So many of you christians say those are just allegories. But then so are the Jesus stories. Walking on water, miracles, virgin births, rising from the dead. All impossible unless you are believing a science fiction movie.

So then there are the people who say Jesus was a good guy and said a lot of good things, even if he wasn't the son of god. So then why all the lies? Why all the prophecies stories and the end of times and send me $700 and a miracle will happen.

You can be a Christian all you want. To be honest, I don't even know what that means anymore. I've met so many different "christians" and all the basic tenets they talk about can all be aspired to and achieved without the lies. Do you really believe god sent his son blabla? Then read all this:

Why there is no god

Don't worry, he will judge everybody, and the world as we know it will cease to exist.

I'm hoping he takes all of you FUNDIES with him to heaven and leave us here on earth. With you all gone it will be paradise again here on earth. Less populated and less global warming.
uh, sorry....we get the earth.....

Oh is that what your version of god says? Well i'm looking at the Rapture and I'm reading things like:

The Great Tribulation is a period of time in the very near future in which God will pour out His accumulated wrath upon the earth's inhabitants.

Christians will not have to endure the Great Tribulation , for we are not appointed to wrath according to I Thessalonians 1:10 and 5:9. We will be "caught up" to be with the Lord before the Tribulation starts (I Ths. 4:13-18; I Cor. 15:51-52).

After suffering much misery and persecution during the Great Tribulation, Israel will turn to Christ for salvation (Isa. 66:7-8; Rom. 11:26; Deu. 4:30-31).

The Old Testament is filled with prophecies about the Lord establishing a righteous kingdom upon the earth with Israel being the head of all nations (Gen. 49:10; Jer. 23:5; 25:30-31; Isa. 2:2-4; 11:1- 6; 42:13-14; Joel 3:16-21; Ezek. 36-48; Psa. 2:1-8; Zech. 14:16-21; Mal. 4:1-3; etc.).

So you are right. BUT, you believe this shit? I love it!

The wicked will be destroyed, the Millennial Kingdom will be established, and God's Son will rule over the nations. This is God's will, and this is God's word.

But I do stand corrected. It says you get the earth.

Boy now I see how you guys get brainwashed. You read stuff like this Millennial kingdom - Theopedia an encyclopedia of Biblical Christianity

And although I'm sure you have a lot of questions, you don't continue to ask them. You just gullibilly swallow this stuff with faith. Amazing.

Don't worry, he will judge everybody, and the world as we know it will cease to exist.

well, yes actually.....

its your choice to believe or not......not my responsibility......you may consider it "magical" if you want.....you may consider it a joke if you want......just as I can consider you a fool if I want......

You must have been one of those shooting at the first responders and looting the stores. It was all over television, even the looting.

Gsmys, I WAS a first responder in Katrina. I worked for Charity hospital, asshole.

So you were also on the RECEIVING end.

You know, GSMYS, I was wrong about you. I thought that you were just a deluded half-wit clown. The fact is that you are also an insufferable jerk. You are almost enough to make me want to believe your half-assed preaching and hair brained form of Christianity, because if it were true, your afterlife would definitely be one huge payback from god.
why do you call him GSMYS when he obviously believes nothing that Gis believes?.....

uh, sorry....we get the earth.....

Oh is that what your version of god says?

several times, yes.......sorry, not a millenialist....that's why I don't believe you get left behind on earth......

When Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, Christian churches gathered up water and toiletries and other basic human needs and handed out to the storm victims. When Ivan hit, they did the same thing. It has happened over and over whenever their has been a natural disaster. Even individual families who have fell victim to home fires, floods, etc., have been helped by the Church.

Where are the atheists in all this?

I went down to New Orleans to rebuild houses with Habitat for Humanity (which is a secular organization), and I am an atheist, you asshat

well, yes actually.....

its your choice to believe or not......not my responsibility......you may consider it "magical" if you want.....you may consider it a joke if you want......just as I can consider you a fool if I want......
You're free to believe in all manner of magical gawds, supernatural
events and a 6,000 year old planet. There's just no support for such claims beyond your desperate for them to true.

It’s not a matter of anyone caring about your revulsion for those who don't accept your claims to magic and supernaturalism. It’s a matter of holding to a consistent, objective standard. Rationally and reasonably, there is no reason to acknowledge the existence of jinn, The Easter Bunny or Leprechauns. We're left with claims of the supernatural - for which there is no evidence – as qualifying for consideration in the rational world. What you’re hoping to accomplish is to avoid actually supporting your claims while insisting that others must accept your nonsensical "... because I say so", argument.

well, yes actually.....

events and a 6,000 year old planet. There's just no support for such claims beyond your desperate for them to true.

It’s not a matter of anyone caring about your revulsion for those who don't accept your claims to magic and supernaturalism. It’s a matter of holding to a consistent, objective standard. Rationally and reasonably, there is no reason to acknowledge the existence of jinn, The Easter Bunny or Leprechauns. We're left with claims of the supernatural - for which there is no evidence – as qualifying for consideration in the rational world. What you’re hoping to accomplish is to avoid actually supporting your claims while insisting that others must accept your nonsensical "... because I say so", argument.
150k year old AGW?......

well, yes actually.....

150k year old AGW?......
That was silly. You would suffered less damage to your credibility if you had not posted such irrelevancies.

It's clear you’re hoping to avoid the relative questions. It is the very nature of rationality to require the asserters of extraordinary claims to support those claims.

You are, of course, free to actually accept or reject Jinn, The Easter Bunny and Leprechauns based on your own assessment. Now... that very well might be difficult for you, given your affection for requiring "disproof” of supernatural entities. You might possibly feel more comfortable being told exactly what to accept and what to reject via a long line of religious dogma. There is certainly a personality type that is most comfortable embedded in dogma requiring no actual decision making or judgment on their part.

Forum List

Back