Why doesn’t Trump visit troops fighting overseas?

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump needs to visit troops deployed to overseas combat zones soon, out of respect for their sacrifices, says a top defense lawmaker.

“I think it should be done,” said Senate Armed Services ranking member Jack Reed, D-R.I., in a roundtable with reporters on Wednesday. “It’s not just to get an idea what is going on, but to personally thank the men and women of the United States who are exposing themselves to great dangers for the country.”

Reed’s opinion came in response to comments from the president earlier this week during an Associated Press interview where he was asked why he hasn’t yet scheduled a visit to Afghanistan or Iraq, to meet with U.S. troops deployed there.

“I will do that at some point, but I don’t think it’s overly necessary,” Trump said. “I’ve been very busy with everything that’s taking place here … I’m doing a lot of things. But it’s something I’d do. And do gladly."

“Nobody has been better at the military ... I have done more for the military than any president in many, many years.”

So is it not really necessary.

He skipped out in France.

He didn't feel the need to go to Arlington Cemetery.

What say you.

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump needs to visit troops deployed to overseas combat zones soon, out of respect for their sacrifices, says a top defense lawmaker.

“I think it should be done,” said Senate Armed Services ranking member Jack Reed, D-R.I., in a roundtable with reporters on Wednesday. “It’s not just to get an idea what is going on, but to personally thank the men and women of the United States who are exposing themselves to great dangers for the country.”

Reed’s opinion came in response to comments from the president earlier this week during an Associated Press interview where he was asked why he hasn’t yet scheduled a visit to Afghanistan or Iraq, to meet with U.S. troops deployed there.

“I will do that at some point, but I don’t think it’s overly necessary,” Trump said. “I’ve been very busy with everything that’s taking place here … I’m doing a lot of things. But it’s something I’d do. And do gladly."

“Nobody has been better at the military ... I have done more for the military than any president in many, many years.”

What say you.
/----/ Everytime a Republican president visits troops overseas, Libtard Moonbats screech PHOTO OP.
iu

SAVING $$$$$$--winning
I was in the military
I couldn't care less if the POTUS came to visit or not
....in fact, it would be a pain in the a$$ cause we would have to field day [ extreme cleaning ] the barracks and fall out in dress/etc uniforms

President Trump's reason is quite plain, he hates the troops. Just like how MaoBama never visited Slovakia b/c they don't recognized Islam. :lol:

just saying that the TRUMP is busy and that is all . Presidential duties i guess , maybe just keeping America 'safe and prosperous' SUPER ,

What say you.

Another butt hurt thread. He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t. If he does, you nuts claim photo op, if he doesn’t you get fake outrage by you nuts.

You are idiots, that’s what I say.

What say you.

Another butt hurt thread. He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t. If he does, you nuts claim photo op, if he doesn’t you get fake outrage by you nuts.

At this point, when they dream up ways to bash Trump, it’s just noise to me.

Blah blah blah

he's busy with other things .

Watching TV and going to see CA fire, and why the firemen use a rake?? He needs to let the firemen do what they are doing
--------------------------------- just pay the 'public servants' on Friday and tell them to shut up about TRUMPS Statements about Forest Management except as PRIVATE Individuals Penny .

What say you.
Nah, he'd just embarrass them.

Besides, he might get his "hair" wet.

What say you.

Cause Orange is the new Yellow...and Putin asked him not to.

What say you.

Got a link or are you just showing how petty and butt hurt you still are?

What say you.

But...but...but....you have no answer. trump cult members have their noses so far up trump's ass...they can't see the truth....

What say you.

Got a link or are you just showing how petty and butt hurt you still are?

That's my answer...what is yours? Still smelling trump's ass...huh?

What say you.
/----/ Everytime a Republican president visits troops overseas, Libtard Moonbats screech PHOTO OP.
iu

Nice excuse.

What say you.

You idiots are all in concert when it comes to making excuses.

Forum List

Back