Why doesn't senator McCain retire gracefully?

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
The guy is 80 years old and has cancer. Lately it seems as though his thinking has gotten fuzzy and now he needs emergency surgery for a blood clot. The strange thing is that if you google "McCain's health" you get a whole page of rhetoric about the GOP postponing a vote on the health care bill rather than McCain's health.

because hes a a greedy power tripping ass still mad he didnt get to play great white father

The guy is 80 years old and has cancer. Lately it seems as though his thinking has gotten fuzzy and now he needs emergency surgery for a blood clot. The strange thing is that if you google "McCain's health" you get a whole page of rhetoric about the GOP postponing a vote on the health care bill rather than McCain's health.

Why quite a job where you don't have to DO anything?

Better yet put him in an insane asylum.

Why?

It's the state of Arizona that keeps reelecting him.

Put THEM in the asylum

Why?

Put THEM in the asylum
Agreed.

Johnny is the poster boy for term limits, but then nearly all of them are.

Why?

Put THEM in the asylum

The inertia of incumbency, it is a huge freaking problem. WTF is wrong with voters in Arizona that they believed his shit when he started talking tough on immigration?

Why?

Put THEM in the asylum

The inertia of incumbency, it is a huge freaking problem. WTF is wrong with voters in Arizona that they believed his shit when he started talking tough on immigration?
Exactly. The old dumbass is a serial liar, but statists love him. It is very disingenuous of Crazy Johnny to criticize Trump for lying.

If they had a mandatory retirement age, at least 25 percent of the senate would be gone, more for the house and 6 of the 9 Supreme Court justices would. be history. So let's mandate a retirement age for politicians

He's a republican, so he doesn't need a brain. He just needs to breathe and vote along with the rest of the pack.

He's a republican, so he doesn't need a brain. He just needs to breathe and vote along with the rest of the pack.

Sounds like most of them over 60, on both sides of the aisle.

Your side?

Boxer, Feinstein, Pelosi, Sanders, (altho he's supposed to be in the middle of the aisle), Schumer, etc

There are a lot of people that feel worthless once they retire. I've heard of a few cases where people were forced to retire (or laid off) and they died not long afterwards.

My employer hires retirees to drive our vans part-time. Some of them retired from companies that had very generous retirement plans. They are (were) all married with working wives, and they got social security as well. They were just bored at home and couldn't take it.

My father is like that. He's 85 now and can't sit still. He does a lot of work around the houses for me while I'm at work. He doesn't work very fast, but he gets a lot of things done. He enjoys it.

Me? I can't wait to quit work. I hope when I get older I don't think like that. I'd hate to think of the rest of my life where the only thing I can do with it is continue working for somebody else.

Forum List

Back