Zone1 Why Doesn't God Just Show Himself?

Why Doesn't God Just Show Himself?​

Same thing could be asked of extraterrestrials. It's kind of hard for fairy tale Gods and UFO pilots to show themselves when they don't exist.

Same thing could be asked of extraterrestrials. It's kind of hard for fairy tale Gods and UFO pilots to show themselves when they don't exist.

So, basically, your theory is that millions of people including entire military bases all at the same time, half the city of Phoenix, and countless others the world over have reported seeing them and much more for at least the last 5,000 years is all just, what?
  • A figment of their imagination?
  • They couldn't tell a UFO from a star or lighthouse or boat?
  • They all deliberately made it up hoping to get a paid gig on Candid Camera?

So, basically, your theory is that millions of people including entire military bases all at the same time, half the city of Phoenix, and countless others the world over have reported seeing them and much more for at least the last 5,000 years is all just, what?
  • A figment of their imagination?
  • They couldn't tell a UFO from a star or lighthouse or boat?
  • They all deliberately made it up hoping to get a paid gig on Candid Camera?

Nobody's trotted out a dead alien or alien spacecraft for public viewing yet. Again I chose to use this as proof that neither exist.

Before coming to this earth we all lived in the presents of God and we were all faithful then. We all chose to follow our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ in the war in heaven and thus were allowed to come to this earth and receive a body of flesh and bones. We all passed the test of following God while in his presence, even though there were those who didn't and were cast to this earth with Satan as his angels.

In this life God is testing to see if we will choose good over evil and his ways based on faith without being in his presence. In this way we become a better being by choosing in and of ourselves to follow goodness rather than doing so because you are in the presence of your Father in Heaven. Choosing good over evil of your own choice and volition while not being in the presence of God makes you a much better person in and of yourself. This is what God wants us to be, good beings in and of ourselves!

Coming soon. From "Mere Christianity", C.S. Lewis:

“God will invade. But I wonder whether people who ask God to intervene openly and directly in our world quite realise what it will be like when He does,” Lewis writes. “When that happens, it is the end of the world. When the author walks on to the stage the play is over. God is going to invade, all right: but what is the good of saying you are on His side then, when you see the whole natural universe melting away like a dream and something else—something it never entered your head to conceive—comes crashing in; something so beautiful to some of us and so terrible to others that none of us will have any choice left?

“For this time it will be God without disguise; something so overwhelming that it will strike either irresistible love or irresistible horror into every creature. That will not be the time for choosing: it will be the time when we discover which side we really have chosen, whether we realised it or not. Now, today, this moment, is our chance to choose the right side. God is holding back to give us that chance. It will not last for ever. We must take it or leave it.”

Nobody's trotted out a dead alien or alien spacecraft for public viewing yet. Again I chose to use this as proof that neither exist.
You can't use the absence of proof of something as proof for something else.

What you can do is choosing to not believe something until proof of it is provided.

The first is a fallacious position. Called an argument from ignorance.

I’m not religious, so I’m not a good one to ask.

Stil, since the depth of my religious belief is basically that I believe in God, I suppose it’s fair to speculate.

What if God does show Himself to all who fervently and truly seek to see Him? Maybe life itself is just a test to see if we might be ready to see Him once this mortal and physical portion of our lives are done.

Beyond that, I have nothing to assist in answering the question.

For this time it will be God without disguise; something so overwhelming that it will strike either irresistible love or irresistible horror into every creature
When He comes, people will beg the rocks to fall on them, their fear will be so great.

calling to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb

Because it's hard to do that when you are a figment of someone's imagination?
So what you are saying is that I should accept your belief that God is imaginary despite all the tangible benefits I have reaped from having a real relationship with an "imaginary" creator of existence?

Sell me on the benefits of non-belief. How exactly has your non-belief enriched your life and made it better?

Forum List

Back