Why Does the U.S. Have To evacuate its embassy in Kabul?

Dayton3

Gold Member
May 3, 2009
I thought U.S. embassies were all legally U.S. federal territory and any attack upon them was considered an attack upon the U.S. mainland.

So why does the U.S. need to evacuate the Kabul embassy?

I thought U.S. embassies were all legally U.S. federal territory and any attack upon them was considered an attack upon the U.S. mainland.

We have an embassy in any foreign country at the discretion of the country.

Do you really think the Taliban cares about that? They know the democrats are weak spineless America haters, quite possible allies with them. And do you realize that what all is happening there is just a cover for something else, likely worse?

If you can protect the people in the Embassy then there is no reason for them to put their lives on the line.

1. for everyone and all these threads = does anyone know Afhgani history????? it's EXACTLY like South Vietnam's government!!! = UNSTABLE = country unstable = shithole =
---Afghanistan had THREE bloody coups in about 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just like South Vietnam
-------all of this = a shithole country with shitheads that cannot be helped =
2. you must not remember the Iran Hostage crisis - you don't want the shitheads taking over the embassy

Why?

Because of Biden’s wonderful foreign policy:
AE3E9627-BC94-401A-959B-04EFE05B2A82.jpeg

Joe Dufus thinks the McDonalds at the Kabul airport is a better location.

Are you kidding?
Remember benghazi when Hilary was condemned for not helping?

Do you want a repeat of that?
Leave the barbaric shithole and let them self destruct.

Is that a trick question?

The embassy would be a sitting duck, like a Lamb to the slaughter for the Taliban.

They could wipe it out and make a point. They wouldn't care if it's classed as an attack on US mainland or not.

Dayton3 why bother to have an embassy there? wasted $$$$ and time ..the Taliban are super fanatic about religious rules /etc.....it's worthless to have an embassy there
....unless we can set up an intel organization, it's not worth it

Who would want to work in such an embassy? If you are a woman you can be stoned to death and must cover your entire face, save for your eyes (how kind of them to allow women to see). If you are gay you could be thrown off a building. We don't need to go further into the theological differences that could cost one their life.

Afghanistan is now a complete shytehole. Based on the actions of the former leader and Afghan security force, only 2500 U.S soldiers and some machinery were keeping the country out of the hands of the Taliban.

A better question would be why do we need an embassy in Kabul?

People seem to forget that it was a Trump agreement last year to withdraw troops. They had already begun the withdraw and Trump even said it would be done by December

The Doho agreement back in Feb 2020 between the US an Taliban.

Saying that it was a ridiculous war in Afghanistan. 19 years the US was there . What did they accomplish. It time to come home and let Afghanistan figure it out.

Forum List

Back