Why Does The Media Always Say......."people Gave Up Looking For Work"

senior citizens that lost their jobs and can't find work, end up collecting their retirement, women that have their husband's income give up looking and decide to be stay at home moms or housewives which is what I did when I first stopped working....

senior citizens that lost their jobs and can't find work, end up collecting their retirement, women that have their husband's income give up looking and decide to be stay at home moms or housewives which is what I did when I first stopped working....

Well that makes more sense, a single person under 40 can't give up looking for work

The Bureau of Labor Statistics has a category named that. What happens is people give up as no jobs are available. Then a hiring phase occurs and they begin to look again. That is why we get some of these reductions in unemployment followed by an uptick in unemployment at times.

The Labor Force Participation rate of seniors has increased because many cannot afford to retire.

A big part of the declining LFPR problem is young people who have never had a job and can't find one...as well as prime working age men who have given up.

As to their desire to eat...

food-2.jpg

The Labor Force Participation rate of seniors has increased because many cannot afford to retire.

A big part of the declining LFPR problem is young people who have never had a job and can't find one...as well as prime working age men who have given up.

prime working age men can't give up if they live alone

Sure they can. They can live on the street, move in with family or friends. It is also a practice of some to rent a house for one month and then squat there for up to a year or more before court proceedings remove them.

That is utter nonsense. They can have they do.

Sure they can. They can live on the street, move in with family or friends. It is also a practice of some to rent a house for one month and then squat there for up to a year or more before court proceedings remove them.

Any grown man who gives up looking for work to move back home with family is a certified loser

Any one, and I mean just about ANY one, can hop in their car and head for North Dakota where in that state alone there are over 25,000 job openings. Live in your car until you get a few paychecks and it's the gravy train from there on... Same with Texas, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Oklahoma... the common denominator? Hydraulic fracturing for oil and gas deposits. These industries have been an economic godsend for this country. So why for the love of Jeebus are Liberals hell-bent on stopping Fracking, and why is Obama proposing over $40 billion in new taxes on these industries? Because they are all.... Liberals. :slap:

Nationwide there are over 4 million job openings.

I realize this is all easier said than done, most jobs require skills and experience, etc. And yes there are many other factors at play.

But my point is... Obama has disincentivized the work ethic in this country. And to make matters worse, he is force-importing tens of thousands of foreigners who add to the burgeoning welfare roles.

We are so fucked.

Any grown man who gives up looking for work to move back home with family is a certified loser

That wasn't the point raised by you originally. Yes, they have serious issues to be sure.

That wasn't the point raised by you originally. Yes, they have serious issues to be sure.

But what evidence do they have that people stopped looking?

But what evidence do they have that people stopped looking?
Are you blind or just stupid?

food-2.jpg

Forum List

Back