Why Does The Left Hate Israel?

What a brilliant post!

Public school grad?

a lot of brilliant people came out of public schools, you elitist bitch. i didn't realize you paid for intelligence. clearly if you did, you overbought and under-performed.

let me answer your question again: the left doesn't hate israel. we just don't think they shit ice cream. you do. therefore you're a doe-eyed fool who believes only one side of the story and that's all you listen to. oh wait, just like everything else in conservativeland.

Profanity is the effort of a feeble mind to express itself forcefully.
So you've been taught neither subject matter nor manners.

"...a lot of brilliant people came out of public schools"

No doubt, true.

But you're not one of 'em.

oh bitch puhleeeeeeez. false piety is the hallmark of an intellectually stunted debutante. and the sad part is i get the feeling that you're far too fucking old to be playing that role. am i right, sister? give it up. just because you packed it in and sold your souls to the very people who want to continue to treat your gender like sub-class citizens doesn't mean we have to swallow the cum parade.

pretentiousness is the calling card of the unimaginative and the arrogant. those are the types of people who history judges most harshly. so enjoy that shit sandwich, banana tits.

but i can take solace in one thought: your kind is a dying breed. thank.fucking.christ.alive.

What a brilliant post!

Public school grad?

a lot of brilliant people came out of public schools, you elitist bitch. i didn't realize you paid for intelligence. clearly if you did, you overbought and under-performed.

let me answer your question again: the left doesn't hate israel. we just don't think they shit ice cream. you do. therefore you're a doe-eyed fool who believes only one side of the story and that's all you listen to. oh wait, just like everything else in conservativeland.

Nice..... I bet your a hoot to be around in person.

you have no cocksucking idea how awesome i am. i am operating on a wavelength equal that of ten testicles of jesus christ of nazareth.

why conservatives hate puppies?

oh, isn't the point of this stupid fucking thread, started by a stupid fucking moron, to just say dumb shit that isn't true about political groups?

What a brilliant post!

Public school grad?

Dolt says: "....the left doesn't hate israel."

Next witness:

"... a Jew-hating-fest to be sure, featuring Omar Barghouti, founder of the Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel, and Judith Butler, a professor at the University of California known for supporting anti-Israel campaigns.

Terrorists also have an apologist in Professor Butler, a product of western largesse who feels “understanding Hamas [and] Hezbollah as social movements that are progressive, that are on the left, that are part of a global left, is extremely important,”...."
CUNY college fuels anti-Semitism with pro-Palestinian forum ? Brooklyn Daily

"Judith Butler (born February 24, 1956) is an American post-structuralist philosopher, who has contributed to the fields of feminist philosophy, queer theory, political philosophy, and ethics. She is a professor in the Rhetoric and Comparative Literature departments at the University of California, Berkeley,..Butler has expressed support for the 2005 BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) campaign,...Butler attended Occupy Wall Street..."(Judith Butler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

...and this Leftist says ...“understanding Hamas [and] Hezbollah as social movements that are progressive, that are on the left, that are part of a global left, is extremely important,”.

Until now, I just guessed that you were pretty stupid.....

....now it's verified.

[

...and this Leftist says ...“understanding Hamas [and] Hezbollah as social movements that are progressive, that are on the left, that are part of a global left, is extremely important,”.

Until now, I just guessed that you were pretty stupid.....

....now it's verified.

Their economic theory has little to do with whether the left "hates" Israel.

Here's a news flash, outside the US, Israel is pretty much despised in the rest of the world. Not because they are "anti-Semites", but because the rest of the world is tired of Zionist bullshit starting all these wars.

They are also getting pretty tired of Israel dragging up shit that happened 70 years ago every time someone calls them on their bad behavior.

Yesterday many of us viewed the circular firing squad known as the Democrat Party.

The following gives context to the spectacle....

"WHY DOES THE LEFT HATE ISRAEL?

:eusa_hand:

Liberals are not leftists, although some liberal viewpoints lean left, and Democrats are not all leftists. :eusa_whistle:

The progressive left probably hates Israel because they view her as a right wing government and because the Palestinian Victimhood cause fits a view of themselves as caring freethinkers with no agenda but peace, love and understanding.:eusa_shhh:

Right winger neocons absolutely love Israel for many reasons...some because they were the leading creeps of the left who then flipped to the other extreme, some because they are Jews with or without dual citizenship.

Some love Israel because they pray for the destruction of the world through prophecy.

Many necons and right wingers love Israel as a reaction against the left. That is not the kind of support Israel needs...with friends like that who needs enemies?

Yesterday many of us viewed the circular firing squad known as the Democrat Party.

Liberals are not leftists, although some liberal viewpoints lean left, and Democrats are not all leftists. :eusa_whistle:

The progressive left probably hates Israel because they view her as a right wing government and because the Palestinian Victimhood cause fits a view of themselves as caring freethinkers with no agenda but peace, love and understanding.:eusa_shhh:

Right winger neocons absolutely love Israel for many reasons...some because they were the leading creeps of the left who then flipped to the other extreme, some because they are Jews with or without dual citizenship.

Some love Israel because they pray for the destruction of the world through prophecy.

Many necons and right wingers love Israel as a reaction against the left. That is not the kind of support Israel needs...with friends like that who needs enemies?

Some good points....

...what blunts them is that our system doesn't allow for that level of nuance.

That means, if you vote for Obama, you place yourself in the same booth with the most Left-wing Progressives.....who do hate Israel.

You give Obama entrée to nominate a Hagel.

Did you notice that all three....Hagel, Kerry, Jack Lew....are to the Left of the folks they are replacing, none of whom was much of a centrist.

Dante defends Hagel and Decency

Some good points....

1) That means, if you vote for Obama, you place yourself in the same booth with the most Left-wing Progressives.....who do hate Israel.

2) You give Obama entrée to nominate a Hagel.

3) Did you notice that all three....Hagel, Kerry, Jack Lew....are to the Left of the folks they are replacing, none of whom was much of a centrist.

Of course...I be Dante:cool:

you are mistaken\

1) Dante didn't vote for Obama in 2008, but he did in 2012...even campaigned for him. I guess where your distorted view of the world comes through is thinking because some left wingers who dislike and even hate Israel, voted for Obama because they believe he shares their distorted views.

When Obama ran in 2o008 I used to laugh when he'd end most of his campaign appearances with something like "You may not always agree with me in everything..." - people hear what they want to hear.

Not being a one-issue voter, Dante did not vote for a candidate based on who was a stronger supporter of Israel.

Democracy and compromise and elections...politics, makes strange bedfellows. Israeli leaders would agree with me on this more than you would.

2) Wrong, Dante wanted a Hagel, Obama or no Obama. Hagel is perfect for the jib in this day and age

3) Whois and who is not a 'centrist' is so subjective here it is :laugh2:-able

Kerry is not to the left of Hillary. I've been to events with both of them in attendance on more than one occasion. Lew is not too the left of anyone...he is a close adviser and friend to the President...

Hagel is a man who speaks his mind (like McCain and Biden) and puts his foot into his mouth sometimes. High crime? Nah. Hagel will be o-n-e adviser to the President and he will be carrying out the President's defense policy, not his own, which leads to your thread...

It looks at first glance like an attempt to use the politics of personal destruction to derail an appointment a President should have and historically has had, much leeway in.

Billionaires - Super PACs - Policy - Cabinet Fights

Dante followed the Super PACs closely during the 2012 Presidential election, and like many of the political junkies wondered what permanent role the PACs would play in American politics.

A few major issues have Super PAC money behind them, but this Hagel fight is one the right wing billionaires have staked their model on.

There will be more of this to come, if the next President is a Republican you can be sure the right will be told to scream bloody murder about Democratic backed Super PACs using this right wing billionaire tactic. If the next President is a Democrat, the right will be told to scream bloody murder when Democrats cry bloody murder about right wing Super PACs doing Hagels on every appointee, proposed or considered and on every potential and real nomination.

Brave new world we have entered. This is the true legacy of Citizens United, which in some ways Dante has come to support for some pretty basic reasons not listed here.

Big money gets in on Cabinet nomination fights - latimes.com

:cool:

Last edited:

For decades, most American Jews have believed there were far greater threats from the fringe right than the fringe left in this country. While this view may have been reasonable in the past, it is certainly not so today. The fringe right still exists— the neo—Nazis in Northwest Idaho, Matthew Hale, and David Duke, and the remnants of the KKK. But the views of the fringe right have been marginalized by their repudiation by virtually all mainstream elements on the political right.

The fringe left, on the other hand, has evolved into a broader left, and become more mainstream. The political perspective of this new left is vehemently anti—Israel, and the power and reach of this movement represent a real threat to Israel, and by extension to Jews who support Israel.

The left in this country includes large numbers of academics, journalists, human rights activists, environmental and animal rights activists, entertainers, and some church groups, women's groups, racial advocacy groups and unions. There are also liberals who are members of these same groups. I distinguish between leftists and liberals by one key test: how they feel about the country in which they live. If you tend to regard America as a primarily flawed, evil, unjust, racist country (or at least when Republicans are running it), and most importantly, believe that the US is the primary threat to world peace internationally, then you are a leftist, and not a liberal.

I believe there are several reasons:

1. It is an easy way to express one's hatred for America.

2. Israel is viewed as an outpost of colonialism , and an active practitioner of it.

3. Israel is a western nation, and hence can be judged by the left. Israel is not protected by cultural relativism, as the Arabs are.

4. Leftist Christian churches can escape any lingering guilt about the Holocaust, by turning Israel into a villain. Some leftist churches hate Israel because they think this will help protect their members in the holy land— in other words they feel threatened.

5. Ferocious Muslim hatred of Israel and the Jews reinforces the natural cowardice of many on the left who go along with the Muslims to stay out of their line of fire.

6. Jewish leftists are prominent in the anti—Israel movement. This opens the floodgates for everybody else.

7. Israel is attacked because the secular left is appalled by the influence of religious settlers and their biblical connections to the land of Israel, and by the support for Israel by evangelical Christians, and Christian Zionists."
Archived-Articles: Why Does the Left Hate Israel?

Also from the article, and clearly directed at Jewish Obama-supporters:
"The reason for this hypocrisy I think is the triumph in the academy, and among many in the journalistic profession and the intelligentsia of many western nations, of the noxious notion of moral and especially cultural relativism....that Israel faces far greater threats from the left than the right."

Be aware.

We don't. Next?

For decades, most American Jews have believed there were far greater threats from the fringe right than the fringe left in this country. While this view may have been reasonable in the past, it is certainly not so today. The fringe right still exists— the neo—Nazis in Northwest Idaho, Matthew Hale, and David Duke, and the remnants of the KKK. But the views of the fringe right have been marginalized by their repudiation by virtually all mainstream elements on the political right.

The fringe left, on the other hand, has evolved into a broader left, and become more mainstream. The political perspective of this new left is vehemently anti—Israel, and the power and reach of this movement represent a real threat to Israel, and by extension to Jews who support Israel.

The left in this country includes large numbers of academics, journalists, human rights activists, environmental and animal rights activists, entertainers, and some church groups, women's groups, racial advocacy groups and unions. There are also liberals who are members of these same groups. I distinguish between leftists and liberals by one key test: how they feel about the country in which they live. If you tend to regard America as a primarily flawed, evil, unjust, racist country (or at least when Republicans are running it), and most importantly, believe that the US is the primary threat to world peace internationally, then you are a leftist, and not a liberal.

I believe there are several reasons:

1. It is an easy way to express one's hatred for America.

2. Israel is viewed as an outpost of colonialism , and an active practitioner of it.

3. Israel is a western nation, and hence can be judged by the left. Israel is not protected by cultural relativism, as the Arabs are.

4. Leftist Christian churches can escape any lingering guilt about the Holocaust, by turning Israel into a villain. Some leftist churches hate Israel because they think this will help protect their members in the holy land— in other words they feel threatened.

5. Ferocious Muslim hatred of Israel and the Jews reinforces the natural cowardice of many on the left who go along with the Muslims to stay out of their line of fire.

6. Jewish leftists are prominent in the anti—Israel movement. This opens the floodgates for everybody else.

7. Israel is attacked because the secular left is appalled by the influence of religious settlers and their biblical connections to the land of Israel, and by the support for Israel by evangelical Christians, and Christian Zionists."
Archived-Articles: Why Does the Left Hate Israel?

Also from the article, and clearly directed at Jewish Obama-supporters:
"The reason for this hypocrisy I think is the triumph in the academy, and among many in the journalistic profession and the intelligentsia of many western nations, of the noxious notion of moral and especially cultural relativism....that Israel faces far greater threats from the left than the right."

Be aware.

We don't. Next?

I'm clued that you don't "be aware."

What's new?

Some good points....

1) That means, if you vote for Obama, you place yourself in the same booth with the most Left-wing Progressives.....who do hate Israel.

2) You give Obama entrée to nominate a Hagel.

3) Did you notice that all three....Hagel, Kerry, Jack Lew....are to the Left of the folks they are replacing, none of whom was much of a centrist.

Of course...I be Dante:cool:

you are mistaken\

1) Dante didn't vote for Obama in 2008, but he did in 2012...even campaigned for him. I guess where your distorted view of the world comes through is thinking because some left wingers who dislike and even hate Israel, voted for Obama because they believe he shares their distorted views.

When Obama ran in 2o008 I used to laugh when he'd end most of his campaign appearances with something like "You may not always agree with me in everything..." - people hear what they want to hear.

Not being a one-issue voter, Dante did not vote for a candidate based on who was a stronger supporter of Israel.

Democracy and compromise and elections...politics, makes strange bedfellows. Israeli leaders would agree with me on this more than you would.

2) Wrong, Dante wanted a Hagel, Obama or no Obama. Hagel is perfect for the jib in this day and age

3) Whois and who is not a 'centrist' is so subjective here it is :laugh2:-able

Kerry is not to the left of Hillary. I've been to events with both of them in attendance on more than one occasion. Lew is not too the left of anyone...he is a close adviser and friend to the President...

Hagel is a man who speaks his mind (like McCain and Biden) and puts his foot into his mouth sometimes. High crime? Nah. Hagel will be o-n-e adviser to the President and he will be carrying out the President's defense policy, not his own, which leads to your thread...

It looks at first glance like an attempt to use the politics of personal destruction to derail an appointment a President should have and historically has had, much leeway in.

Billionaires - Super PACs - Policy - Cabinet Fights

Dante followed the Super PACs closely during the 2012 Presidential election, and like many of the political junkies wondered what permanent role the PACs would play in American politics.

A few major issues have Super PAC money behind them, but this Hagel fight is one the right wing billionaires have staked their model on.

There will be more of this to come, if the next President is a Republican you can be sure the right will be told to scream bloody murder about Democratic backed Super PACs using this right wing billionaire tactic. If the next President is a Democrat, the right will be told to scream bloody murder when Democrats cry bloody murder about right wing Super PACs doing Hagels on every appointee, proposed or considered and on every potential and real nomination.

Brave new world we have entered. This is the true legacy of Citizens United, which in some ways Dante has come to support for some pretty basic reasons not listed here.

Big money gets in on Cabinet nomination fights - latimes.com

:cool:

"I guess where your distorted view of the world comes through is thinking because some left wingers who dislike and even hate Israel, voted for Obama because they believe he shares their distorted views. "

Nope.

The point you miss is that your view, or that of any Leftists, matter not.

Once you cast your vote for Obama, you share the blame for whatever damage he does with most far Left progressives.

Another example?
Sure...

If you voted for some Democrat because he claimed to be a conservative Democrat, a 'blue dog Democrat,' you invested power in Pelosi and Reid.

You voted for ObamaCare and every unconstitutional executive order to come out of the White House.

A vote for Obama gave you your wish for Hagel...

1. "...he appeared to agree with the assertion that America is "the world's bully."

2. "...opposition to unilateral sanctions on Iran and criticism of efforts to isolate both Syria and Hamas -- "
Hagel faces barrage of criticism during tense confirmation hearing | Fox News

In for a penny, in for a pound.

If you voted for some Democrat because he claimed to be a conservative Democrat, a 'blue dog Democrat,' you invested power in Pelosi and Reid.

You voted for ObamaCare and every unconstitutional executive order to come out of the White House.

unconstitutional executive orders, are not so big a deal as you make them out to be. They have to do with a historical battle going back to Washington, Hamilton, Adams, Madison, Jefferson, and most every President that follows them.

Obamacare was ruled Constitutional and IT was NOT an executive order, it is a bill passed by a duly elected Congress, signed into law by a duly elected Chief Executive/President, and upon challenge(s) was ruled to constitutional.

1. "...he appeared to agree with the assertion that America is "the world's bully."

2. "...opposition to unilateral sanctions on Iran and criticism of efforts to isolate both Syria and Hamas -- "

Hagel, a Republican from Nebraska, was formally introduced and endorsed by former senators Sam Nunn, D-Ga., and John Warner, R-Va.

"In my twelve years in the Senate, my one guiding principle on every national security decision I made and every vote I cast was always this: Is our policy worthy of our troops and their families and the sacrifices we ask them to make? That same question will guide me if I am confirmed as Secretary of Defense. Our men and women in uniform and their families must never doubt that their leaders’ first priority is them. I believe my record of leadership on veterans issues over the years – going back to my service in the Veterans Administration under President Reagan – demonstrates my rock-solid commitment to our veterans and their families." - Chuck Hagel?s opening statement at Senate Armed Services Committee hearing (full text) - The Washington Post

'"No one individual vote, quote, or statement defines me, my beliefs, or my record. My overall worldview has never changed: that America has and must maintain the strongest military in the world; that we must lead the international community to confront threats and challenges together; and that we must use all tools of American power to protect our citizens and our interests."" - Hagel: 'No One Individual Vote, Quote Or Statement Defines Me' : The Two-Way : NPR

Why is this in the flame zone? Put this stuff in Politics where it belongs, and where trolling isn't allowed anymore. Was it moved or did you originally place it here, PC?

Hagel, a Republican from Nebraska, was formally introduced and endorsed by former senators Sam Nunn, D-Ga., and John Warner, R-Va.

"In my twelve years in the Senate, my one guiding principle on every national security decision I made and every vote I cast was always this: Is our policy worthy of our troops and their families and the sacrifices we ask them to make? That same question will guide me if I am confirmed as Secretary of Defense. Our men and women in uniform and their families must never doubt that their leaders’ first priority is them. I believe my record of leadership on veterans issues over the years – going back to my service in the Veterans Administration under President Reagan – demonstrates my rock-solid commitment to our veterans and their families." - Chuck Hagel?s opening statement at Senate Armed Services Committee hearing (full text) - The Washington Post

'"No one individual vote, quote, or statement defines me, my beliefs, or my record. My overall worldview has never changed: that America has and must maintain the strongest military in the world; that we must lead the international community to confront threats and challenges together; and that we must use all tools of American power to protect our citizens and our interests."" - Hagel: 'No One Individual Vote, Quote Or Statement Defines Me' : The Two-Way : NPR

Speaking of Nebraska...and of Hagel....

A trip down memory lane:

"Roman Lee Hruska (August 16, 1904 – April 25, 1999) was a Republican U.S. Senator from the state of Nebraska. Hruska was known as one of the most vocal conservatives in the United States Senate during the 1960s and 1970s.

Hruska is best remembered in American political history for a 1970 speech he made to the Senate urging them to confirm the nomination of G. Harrold Carswell to the Supreme Court. Responding to criticism that Carswell had been a mediocre judge, Hruska claimed that:
"Even if he were mediocre, there are a lot of mediocre judges and people and lawyers. They are entitled to a little representation, aren't they, and a little chance? We can't have all Brandeises, Frankfurters and Cardozos."
Roman Hruska - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is the only possible defense of Hagel as Defense Sec'y:
"Even if he were mediocre, there are a lot of mediocre judges and people and lawyers. They are entitled to a little representation, aren't they, and a little chance?"

That's what you're defending?

I don't see "The Left" (as a political platform) hating Israel. That being said, it seems the left views Israel as counter productive to Socialism and they're still pretty angry at losing socialist Israel.

The left supported Israel and its creation when Israel was to be a Socialist commune with kibbutz life. They supported Israel while it was a Socialist commune with kibbutz life.

When Israel turned to Capitalism to be able to afford to protect itself and gain the support of the US, well the left turned away from Israel as they considered it an enemy of Socialism. They believe in Socialism more than Capitalism. This is what I see.

Jewish leftists often say that they believe in Socialism more than Tribalism.

Why are you so fucking stupid?

Dropped as a baby?

It's funny that you try so hard to sound smart but just scream out how stupid you really are.

I can't begin to tell you how great an impact your post produced. What becomes immediately evident is that you are unable to deal with the OP.....at some level it seems that it injured you. True?
Good.

I can see why you'd claim to be an expert on 'stupid'.....none has had more time residing in that neighborhood than you have.

I think I’ve got your problem figured out, Renfield….your prostate is bigger than your brain.
Also true?

I don't see "The Left" (as a political platform) hating Israel. That being said, it seems the left views Israel as counter productive to Socialism and they're still pretty angry at losing socialist Israel.

The left supported Israel and its creation when Israel was to be a Socialist commune with kibbutz life. They supported Israel while it was a Socialist commune with kibbutz life.

When Israel turned to Capitalism to be able to afford to protect itself and gain the support of the US, well the left turned away from Israel as they considered it an enemy of Socialism. They believe in Socialism more than Capitalism. This is what I see.

Jewish leftists often say that they believe in Socialism more than Tribalism.

Okay, let's get real here.

When Israel was founded, it was because most of the world still felt bad about what the Nazis did to them. So liberals in the UK and US do what liberals frequently do when they feel bad about something, they gave them someone else's stuff.

In this case, Mandate Palestine. The problem was, there were already people there.

The Zionists are like abused children who've grown big enough to beat up on someone else, and they've become less enduring in the process.

So why rich Zionists can still buy a lot of influence in Congress, younger American Jews are sort of embarrassed by the whole thing. Much of the rest of the world looks at the slums of Gaza compared to the oppulance of Tel Aviv and they are kind of disgusted as well.

So who is propping up Israel today. Christian Fundi-tards who think that Israel needs to be there so Jesus can come back. No, really. (Someone needs to tell them Jesus never actually existed.)

Forum List

Back