Why does Poland Spring Water taste like water from a "Fire Hydrant"

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
OMG that is some nasty ass water and I had to throw it all out. So nasty that I decided to take off my pajamas and go to the store and replace it with Deer Park and Nestle brand water

Poland Spring taste like Clear PISS LOL

Anyone agree?

I wouldn't know.............I've never drunk water out of a fire hydrant or drank piss...........

But I guess you have.........
:ack-1:

OMG that is some nasty ass water and I had to throw it all out. So nasty that I decided to take off my pajamas and go to the store and replace it with Deer Park and Nestle brand water

Anyone agree?

Something is very wrong - It's possible that the source has been changed - the company has changed hands over the years. I have visited the original source at Poland Springs, Maine and have had some of the water from it right there as well as having bought the occasional bottle. When last I tried it the water was pretty much without flavor - very little in the way of dissolved minerals. The unique quality of it was that it didn't "go stale" as is typical with bottled water. It became big-time when people moving west by wagon packed it along with them.

If there's still a telephone number on the label to contact the company (the original company had been sold to The Canada Dry bottlers back when I was there) I urge you to use it and to save at least one of the bottles as they may wayt to check it out.

I wouldn't know.............I've never drunk water out of a fire hydrant or drank piss...........

But I guess you have.........
:ack-1:

I thought all kids took a sip out of the fire hydrant

Anyone agree?

Something is very wrong - It's possible that the source has been changed - the company has changed hands over the years. I have visited the original source at Poland Springs, Maine and have had some of the water from it right there as well as having bought the occasional bottle. When last I tried it the water was pretty much without flavor - very little in the way of dissolved minerals. The unique quality of it was that it didn't "go stale" as is typical with bottled water. It became big-time when people moving west by wagon packed it along with them.

If there's still a telephone number on the label to contact the company (the original company had been sold to The Canada Dry bottlers back when I was there) I urge you to use it and to save at least one of the bottles as they may wayt to check it out.

Thank you. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me

I routinely used bottled water until I read an article in Consumer Digest magazine (about twenty years ago) detailing the test results of all (then) major commercial brands compared with the tap-water available in a number of locations across the Country. Surprisingly, the quality of New York City's tap-water was as good as the highest quality bottled water and better than all others. The article went on to say the quality of all the tap-water tested, when passed through the carbon filter of a Brita pitcher, was as high if not higher than any of the bottled brands.

I've been using a Brita pitcher ever since and I can attest to the difference in the taste, smell and visible clarity of tap water passed through it.

Forum List

Back