Why does anyone need a high-capacity magazine?

Major Hasan allegedly had both 20 round and 30 round magazines for his US issue 9 mm weapon. He fired about 150 rounds killing 13 Soldiers and wounding 32. He was found to have 177 rounds in his pocket when he was brought down by local police who were called because the Ft. Hood Military Police had no ammunition.

Fort Hood has their own civilian police department. Hopefully, that is what you meant by local police.

fVjB4SU.jpg

^^What he said^^^

By Mark Almonte
03/04/2013

This article focuses on pistols with high-capacity magazines (a magazine that holds more than ten bullets). The same arguments in my recent article on assault weapons could apply to high-capacity magazines for rifles.

There are several reasons for civilians to own high-capacity magazines: the right to possess the necessary means to effectively defend themselves, misconception of bullet stopping power and shooting accuracy, and the issue of multiple attackers. Additionally, on a net balance, there are benefits to the community when law-abiding citizens own guns with high-capacity magazines. William Levinson at American Thinker smartly posed the question, "Do you believe that all human beings have a natural and inherent right to defend themselves from violent attack?"

All of us would agree that in a civilized society, people have a right to self-defense. The next logical progression is that the right to self-defense implies a right to the necessary means to effectively defend oneself.

Jeffrey Snyder at the Cato Institute points out that victims don't choose where and when they will be attacked. It is the criminal who decides. The criminal will wait until the victim is most vunerable, until he is alone, or when the police are gone. He will try to have every advantage over the victim, whether it be an armed advantage, strength, or outnumbering his prey. Mr. Snyder states, "The encounter will not be on equal terms; the fight will not be 'fair.'"

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Articles: Why does anyone need a high-capacity magazine?

Those who hope to be able to kill many human beings as quickly as possible; those who hope to hold off the US Army all by their lonesome; those who need a big and powerful weapon to compensate for a tiny and impotent penis.
Curious is this fascination with other people’s dicks.

Only the Military and State Forces should have large capacity magazines for Riot Control and to put down any Popular Uprising.
Wrong!

WE THE PEOPLE need to put down the tyrannical government, if necessary, and that requires we be armed as well as they are. That was the founding fathers intention of the 2nd Amendment. The ability to protect our GOD GIVEN RIGHTS!

In Congress, July 4, 1776.
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America, When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world. .....

The DOI is very clear as to why we have the second amendment.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter how many in the mag. What matters is how many you DECIDE to shoot.

I've seen folks at the range with 30 round mags who only shoot ten. Its WHAT YOU DECIDE TO SHOOT that matters not what you have available to shoot.

Seems my comment hit home with a few good old boys. I bet each of them drives a big ass PU truck too, with an extra large tail pipe and oversize tires as accessories.

How old are you?

13? :cuckoo:

65, retired law enforcement.

What's your IQ?

133, and I don't buy it, unless you were shot or clubbed in the head on duty... Or are Christopher Dorner's ghost.

I guess IQ is not an indicator of your intelligence then!
lol

You're replying to a post over six years old to someone likely no longer here.

By Mark Almonte
03/04/2013

This article focuses on pistols with high-capacity magazines (a magazine that holds more than ten bullets). The same arguments in my recent article on assault weapons could apply to high-capacity magazines for rifles.

There are several reasons for civilians to own high-capacity magazines: the right to possess the necessary means to effectively defend themselves, misconception of bullet stopping power and shooting accuracy, and the issue of multiple attackers. Additionally, on a net balance, there are benefits to the community when law-abiding citizens own guns with high-capacity magazines. William Levinson at American Thinker smartly posed the question, "Do you believe that all human beings have a natural and inherent right to defend themselves from violent attack?"

All of us would agree that in a civilized society, people have a right to self-defense. The next logical progression is that the right to self-defense implies a right to the necessary means to effectively defend oneself.

Jeffrey Snyder at the Cato Institute points out that victims don't choose where and when they will be attacked. It is the criminal who decides. The criminal will wait until the victim is most vunerable, until he is alone, or when the police are gone. He will try to have every advantage over the victim, whether it be an armed advantage, strength, or outnumbering his prey. Mr. Snyder states, "The encounter will not be on equal terms; the fight will not be 'fair.'"

(Excerpt)

Read more:

I live in the boondocks. No cop is coming to my aid for at least half an hour.

By Mark Almonte
03/04/2013

(Excerpt)

Read more:
why does anyone need a car that can go faster than 80MPH? when you would be breaking the law if you ever went that speed?

Only the Military and State Forces should have large capacity magazines for Riot Control and to put down any Popular Uprising.
Yet again, a wrong answer.

If any entity should be limited it is the all Governments, the US government included. More people have died at their hands than any other in ALL of human history.

It is a Bill of Rights, not a bill of needs.
/THREAD

20 and 30 round mags are standard magazines. Most rilfles come with 20 or 30 round mags from the factory.

10 round mags are reduced capacity magazines.

IF you'd ever been out target shooting or plinking, you'd know that not having to reload every 10 rounds makes it more enjoyable.

Also, if several perps break into your home, it's much better to have 20 or 30 rounds in your rifle, or 13-15 in your pistol. Look at any cop shooting, and most of the shots miss the target, so why would you want to handicap your own defense weapon, when the criminal won't be handicapping theirs?

IF you thought about it, you'd also realize that criminals will always be able to get any size mag they want. It's only we who obey laws that won't have anything bigger than a 10 round mag.

So essentially Dems are aiding and abetting criminals by taking away the law-abiding citizens' right to own whatever capacity mag they wish, since criminals, by definition, do not obey laws and will use any gun, mag or ammo they can buy off the street, or steal.

You are another clown who hasn't ever had an original thought of their own.

Yeah, a criminal will break a law. DUH. You have any other such insightful comments?

Not all criminals commit homicides, sometimes daddy kills his wife and kids, and daddy had never committed a crime, until he did.

Those who hope to be able to kill many human beings as quickly as possible

If its a gang of MS13 members coming at me that you punkass Democrats let in the country, then YES, kill them ALL, you stupid dope. I'll put so much led into them they'll look like hamburger.

those who hope to hold off the US Army all by their lonesome

That's why you have the freedom to open your dopey yap today, because citizen militia had guns that were just as good as the British army's, you asscrack.

those who need a big and powerful weapon to compensate for a tiny and impotent penis.

LOL! Spoken like the real Tiny Dick. I like big guns, and I hate puffball wussies like you. Do you even know how much of a BITCH you sound like? LOL!!

gun-influencer.png

By Mark Almonte
03/04/2013

(Excerpt)

Read more:

I live in the boondocks. No cop is coming to my aid for at least half an hour.
Even in the inner city, 15 minutes is a quick response. Meanwhile, it only takes 90 seconds for a mugger to kill you.

Those who hope to be able to kill many human beings as quickly as possible

If its a gang of MS13 members coming at me that you punkass Democrats let in the country, then YES, kill them ALL, you stupid dope. I'll put so much led into them they'll look like hamburger.

those who hope to hold off the US Army all by their lonesome

That's why you have the freedom to open your dopey yap today, because citizen militia had guns that were just as good as the British army's, you asscrack.

those who need a big and powerful weapon to compensate for a tiny and impotent penis.

LOL! Spoken like the real Tiny Dick. I like big guns, and I hate puffball wussies like you. Do you even know how much of a BITCH you sound like? LOL!!

gun-influencer.png

Thanks so much for sharing.

By Mark Almonte
03/04/2013

(Excerpt)

Read more:

Ask the people who do security detail at the HOMES of the powerful political leadership... They should be the 1st people to ban those firearms from THEIR life and family protection.....

133, and I don't buy it, unless you were shot or clubbed in the head on duty... Or are Christopher Dorner's ghost.

133 huh. How do you know?

I took a test, duh.

BTW, were there a lot of bigots in your PD, or were you the only one?

Which test and when? SB5, WAIS? Or was it one of those on-line whose validity and reliabiltiy are not noted. I ask because in Grad School I took a two semester coursed in "Testing for Counselors". A course where we tool most of the standardized tests and learned to score them.

I'm not intolerant of all gun owners, only those who have little tiny man organs and need to parade their guns around. Kind of like those guys in trench coats though they rarely hurt anyone.

Instead of repeating your fixation about "tiny little man organs:" you MIGHT go out on the web and view how QUICKLY you can fire thru 10 round magazines... It's a "feel good" thing... You know the stuff that lefties want to have to SAY they've fixed the "crazy shooter" problem.....

That gives you a hard on right????

Forum List

Back