Why does anyone need a high-capacity magazine?

Seems my comment hit home with a few good old boys. I bet each of them drives a big ass PU truck too, with an extra large tail pipe and oversize tires as accessories.

Your comment is asinine.

Owning a weapon and the desire to kill people are not mutually inclusive.

My comment was asinine and meant to be.

As for gun ownership and the desire to kill human beings, I know that's not the purpose most gun owners own guns. What strikes me as peculiar are those who get so upset by gun control debates since Sandy Hook. Most of those who respond in defense of their rights have a real chip on their shoulder and anger issues; few if any express any empathy for the innocent victims of gun violence.

Such responses make me more sure that States deserve and need the authority to license gun owners, and restrict the size of magazines. So, time will tell if the Second will stand unabated or if common sense will prevail.

65, retired law enforcement.

What's your IQ?

133, and I don't buy it, unless you were shot or clubbed in the head on duty... Or are Christopher Dorner's ghost.

133 huh. How do you know?

Hmm... Hey there Barney Fife. So this is where you ended up. You don't seem to have the street smarts to ever have been efficient at the job you claim you retired from. That is unless you were a rubber gun cop.

I beg to differ with you on the number of rounds needed. It has been my experience that civilians shoot better than law enforcement officers. I can shoot far better than over 90% of the LEOs that I have had the "pleasure" of shooting along side. I can shoot faster and more accurately because I practice more than they do. Guns are recreational for me and I enjoy shooting groups that are smaller from center to center than a single bullet. I do so most of the time. I know my guns better than most cops know their guns and I have more guns than the average cop.

The federal government does not have the power to regulate guns or their accessories. The federal government only has the powers granted to them by the states and people through the constitution. We keep the rest!

My experience as well. When I shot IDPA there would often be some cops there too. Now, these presumably were guys who liked to shoot since they were paying for the privilege. They were singularly unimpressive compared to the rest of us private citizens.

Major Hasan allegedly had both 20 round and 30 round magazines for his US issue 9 mm weapon. He fired about 150 rounds killing 13 Soldiers and wounding 32. He was found to have 177 rounds in his pocket when he was brought down by local police who were called because the Ft. Hood Military Police had no ammunition.

You hoisted yourself by the lack of knowledge about the shooting. Nidal Hasan used a
fn 5.7 x 28 mm high capacity pistol. It was a 9mm pistol round that severed his spine.

The question on the table: Why does anyone need a high-capacity magazine?

Read the following for a framwork to answer the question:

Second Amendment | LII / Legal Information Institute

It's not about need.

And 20-30 rounds mags are standard capacity mags for an AR-15. 10 round mags are reduced capacity mags for an AR-15.

13-15 round magazine are standard for pistols, depending on caliber.

High capacity would be 50+ round drums, or extended and snail mags for pistols.

And criminals don't care what the law is, they'll use whatever magazines they want to.

My question is: why do you NEED to limit what gun, rifle, and magazines other law-abiding folks own?

It's not about need.

And 20-30 rounds mags are standard capacity mags for an AR-15. 10 round mags are reduced capacity mags for an AR-15.

And criminals don't care what the law is, they'll use whatever magazines they want to.

My question is: why do you NEED to limit what gun, rifle, and magazines other law-abiding folks own?

The last three mass killers (Arizona, Colorado and Connecticut) were all law-abiding before they put the first bullet into the body of their unarmed victim.

Now, did you read the link?

The last three mass killers (Arizona, Colorado and Connecticut) were all law-abiding before they put the first bullet into the body of their unarmed victim.

Yes, and so was the driver before he got into his Corvette, blind drunk, and killed a family.

You're a fool if you think you can stop the next drunk driving killer or next school shooter by banning Corvettes, or by banning standard capacity 20 or 30 round mags.

You want to stop or slow down the next school shooter, catch him before he acts out! ALL these guys showed many signs of mental illness, but no one stepped in to address them. All young men, 16-30, loners on meds.

You also put an armed guard at all schools. And while they may not prevent all injuries and deaths, they can slow down or stop the shooting, as happened at Columbine. Lives were saved because there was an armed guard at that school.

Hey, maybe you could make a few buck on the side as a guard for your local school! Seems like you have time to kill...

But punishing we law-abiders with yet more restrictions does nothing to solve the issue!

Last edited:

It's not about need.

In a free country, everyone is treated as law abiding, until they break the law.

It's not about need.

Now, did you read the link?

That's not only true but it speaks to the futility of background checks for gun purchases.

Just finished reading Stephen King's "Guns"
It's free on Kindle.

I'm hard Right and I know he's hard Left but I can't argue anything he says in it
:thup:
5 stars

Seems my comment hit home with a few good old boys. I bet each of them drives a big ass PU truck too, with an extra large tail pipe and oversize tires as accessories.

Your comment is asinine.

Owning a weapon and the desire to kill people are not mutually inclusive.

My comment was asinine and meant to be.

As for gun ownership and the desire to kill human beings, I know that's not the purpose most gun owners own guns. What strikes me as peculiar are those who get so upset by gun control debates since Sandy Hook. Most of those who respond in defense of their rights have a real chip on their shoulder and anger issues; few if any express any empathy for the innocent victims of gun violence.

Empathy has nothing to do with it. There is no need to place additional government control on people who have done nothing wrong. Holding people accountable for the crimes of others is unjust.

Such responses make me more sure that States deserve and need the authority to license gun owners, and restrict the size of magazines. So, time will tell if the Second will stand unabated or if common sense will prevail.

Again treating people who have done nothing wrong as if they are somehow dangerous is unjustified.

The question of need is meaningless.

Why does anyone need an 8 cylinder engine in a car?

You don't.

Personally i don't have any 30 round magazines because I know that 30 rounds can be fired in virtually the same amount of time with 3 ten round magazines.

I could carry 3 .22 pistols undetected and fire 45 rounds very quickly with the same results as carrying one .223 semi auto rifle with a 30 round mag.

The question is irrelevant because you refuse to see the fact that magazine size is irrelevant to the damage that can be done with any weapon.

There is a video on youtube titled "Boone County, IN Ken Campbell Sheriff demonstrates ABSURDITY of banning" that shows an accomplished shooter, and then an amateur , shoooting 2 15 rd, 3 10 rd, then 5 6 rd mags, and the time it took to do each.

It makes the idea of banning 'high capacity' mags somewhat silly.

Hey if it only takes a nano second to change from one ten round mag to another, what is the big fuking deal if you can't get a 30 round mag?

Btw, that cop in Texas that shot 41 times before he killed the driver of the car, he didn't have any problem with not having a 30 round mag. He just kept changing clips. But having to shoot 41 times at a guy that wasn't shooting back, he needs more time on the range.

Of course he needs a new job to.

Or I liked the story I read this AM about the janitor being trained to be armed in school. He shot himself accidently of course. He's ok though. And I am sure passed the course. He didn't kill anybody.

Forum List

Back